12-24-10, 10:43 PM   #1
tahutto
A Murloc Raider
Database nodes not displaying

I just now:
* installed a fresh copy of Carboniteaddon.
* imported carbonite nodes both mining and herbs
* checked show herbs

It shows herbs that I just this minute found myownself.
But, carbonite nodes are not shown.

Suggestions?

12-26-10, 10:41 PM   #2
LordVolk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Simple solution: There's this friendly little thing called a button. its something you press. In this button is the word search, use it. They havent gotten all the new data in yet.

12-27-10, 01:20 AM   #3
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by LordVolk View Post
Simple solution: There's this friendly little thing called a button. its something you press. In this button is the word search, use it. They havent gotten all the new data in yet.
Guess what? I don't use search either since it usually produces pages of useless crap where you have a slim chance of actually finding the info you're looking for in the first 3 pages thanks to the flaws inherent with string searches.

Shorthand: Stop being a douche and provide a "friendly" nudge in the right direction rather than ridicule him/her/it for having the audacity to offend your sight with a "repeat" post that you chose to read.

12-28-10, 11:27 AM   #4
tahutto
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by LordVolk View Post
Typical Murloc response. To which search button are you referring? To say "The obvious one." is to ask me to make yet another assumption. So, the onus is on you.

Just saying

12-28-10, 06:17 PM   #5
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by tahutto View Post
Typical Murloc response. To which search button are you referring? To say "The obvious one." is to ask me to make yet another assumption. So, the onus is on you.

Just saying
To actually answer this, if you mouseover the "FORUMS" link in the top bar, the bottom of the dropdown is the forum search utility. As far as the "button" he is referring to, I'm assuming it's the "Go" button next to the search box.

12-29-10, 12:20 AM   #6
LordVolk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Top right hand side of the gray box that you are looking at. it says inside of it "Search AddOns..." with a magnifying glass right next to it. If it does not work. i'm sure there is an advanced search option shortly there after.

12-29-10, 03:34 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

LordVolk, "search addons" actually means "search addons". The forum search function is where ChaosInc described it.

01-04-11, 01:03 AM   #8
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

Just posted this in discussion on a related topic:

"Right now, just started actually, I use Gatherer along with Carbonite. If carbonite doesn't show enough nodes for me to make good routes, I toggle on Gatherer in that area and go mining, which slowly populates any missing nodes Carbonite has.

Keep in mind, a lot of node locations in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom changed with Cataclysm, which is why some areas are void now of node data in Carbonite."

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Database nodes not displaying