09-28-11, 09:57 AM   #41
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by humfras View Post
This thread is great is pure madness/fun. I do not want to offend anybody but this are my thoughts:

First, RazorClaw99 asked for
"[...] an addon that has both a threat meter as well as a DPS meter"

After he has been given an answer of two of the most used AddOns, he assumes that they both are only textual.

Ok, very smart to say that an AddOn is lacking a feature the AddOn (in fact) is based of if you have no conception and did not take a single look at it.
Try a research first next time before repeate yourself, being foolish and rude to others.

eg: 10 posts after Othgar's suggestions, you say thanks to
Xrystal posting a link to Skada (with a nice description, I have to say!).
It shows that you have not take a minute to search and look for the given answers but relied on your wrong evaluation of them.

There is no big difference between the 'Module' system Skada has and the Recount plugin regarding 'disk space'.
Skada needs 2.5 MB of disc space, Recoutn needs 1.6 MB
Regarding the fact that WoW needs about 30 GB of disc space, your argument seems valid
You should be more worried about CPU usage than disc or RAM usage of an AddOn.

"If u couldn't figure that out stop programming ur whole life and get out more with ppl."
Also you claim yourself as "a comp techy", I ask myself if you have any experience in programming a script/application that has more than 500 lines of code or is done by dozens of contributors.

I am glad you get what you were looking for.
Thanks to the nice and constructive people.
And thanks for the lolz!
well it woulod help if most forum trolls would just open mouth insert foot and not post will pppl are looking for stuff, and if most ppl saw the first few posters posted links to addons for me so I though most of the ppl here would do so. So I really didn't think this site had the addon the ppl were talking about and wording is key everytime someone has done a "recount" it's been in text so I though the DPS thingy would be know as a meter to have it like a threat meter like omen.

09-28-11, 11:33 AM   #42
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We are not here to do your bidding and put up with your barely legible retorts to posts that are helping you, especially because you're too lazy to Google something yourself / install an addon for 20 seconds to see if it's what you're after or not.

If that's "bad blood", I'm fine with that.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."

09-28-11, 11:44 AM   #43
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Mind your temper and your manners, people.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

09-28-11, 12:28 PM   #44
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Mind your temper and your manners, people.
Thank u but I still am afraid to post what I am looking for/request anything now since the forum trolls have come out to play

09-28-11, 12:54 PM   #45
RazorClaw99
Banned
well, here goes nothing, I know there are addons out there for letting others know ur in boss fights and all but what I was wondering if there was one out that u could set it to look at the message from a friend and have a automated reply to them so if a friend "greets u" u "greet them back and tell them u are in a boss fight and will be a few minutes busy to reply to any type of conversation with them" and has it look at ur real ids so if it comes from that it will use a reponse to use that person's name? Now I think this question would have forum trolls ripping me, but if not and it doesn't go against the TOS could I request something like this made as an addon?

09-28-11, 02:16 PM   #46
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
A simple auto answer if someone whispers "hello", "hi razor" or "whats up?":

lua Code:
  1. local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
  2. f:RegisterEvent("CHAT_MSG_WHISPER")
  3. f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, msg, sender)
  4.     msg = msg:lower()
  5.     if msg:find("hello") then
  6.         SendChatMessage("Hello", nil, sender)
  7.     elseif msg:find("hi razor") then
  8.         SendChatMessage("Hi"..sender, nil, sender)
  9.     elseif msg:find("whats up?") then
  10.         SendChatMessage("Love is in the air", nil, sender)
  11.     end
  12. end)

Adapted from SDPhantom
@ http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...34&postcount=8

AutoRespond may feature your needs:
http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...toRespond.html

Last edited by humfras : 09-28-11 at 02:30 PM.

09-28-11, 10:33 PM   #47
Othgar
"That" Guy

I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment....

WIM has this feature built in, it will also tell the person who whispered you when you are done fighting the boss and if it was a wipe or not.

I even included a nice link that time. Please feel free to use it and read the description there for full details.

09-29-11, 01:22 PM   #48
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Othgar View Post
I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment....

WIM has this feature built in, it will also tell the person who whispered you when you are done fighting the boss and if it was a wipe or not.

I even included a nice link that time. Please feel free to use it and read the description there for full details.
Will try it since it looks like a better what to chat and the window is sizable too.

10-04-11, 09:29 AM   #49
RazorClaw99
Banned
Well I tryed Fizzwidget FactionFriend configured it and still doesn't work like factioneer, here is my discription again;

An addon the works in the reputation window by organizing the factions into the catagories of exalted, revered, honored, friendly, neutral, hostile, hated and by clicking the faction on the menu it will have a pop out window that will display the flavor text for the faction and the location of that faction and any quest, repeatable quests, daiy quests, instances, heroics, raids that can gain that factions rep and how much u need to do for u to get to the next level with that faction.

So is there anonther one like this that works just like factioneer but is upto date and will work with guild rep but calculates it with the weekly rep cap in mind?

10-04-11, 11:26 PM   #50
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by RazorClaw99 View Post
Will try it since it looks like a better what to chat and the window is sizable too.
well just did everything to install this addon and test it but nothing comes up in WOW which is odd.

10-05-11, 12:19 AM   #51
Othgar
"That" Guy

well just did everything to install this addon and test it but nothing comes up in WOW which is odd.
WIM only gives you a window when you whisper someone or someone whispers you. It doesn't touch the standard chat window at all. As it says in the description "WIM (WoW Instant Messenger) is a World of Warcraft addon which helps you to manage your whispers" As far as I know there aren't any addons that do what you want for general, trade, or guild chat channels.

10-05-11, 12:29 AM   #52
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Othgar View Post
WIM only gives you a window when you whisper someone or someone whispers you. It doesn't touch the standard chat window at all. As it says in the description "WIM (WoW Instant Messenger) is a World of Warcraft addon which helps you to manage your whispers" As far as I know there aren't any addons that do what you want for general, trade, or guild chat channels.
I mean it doesn't appear on the list of addons and does not let me configure a location for the window or whatever it is called in wow.

10-05-11, 02:02 AM   #53
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

I mean it doesn't appear on the list of addons and does not let me configure a location for the window or whatever it is called in wow.
This means you haven't correctly installed the addon.

The WIM folder should be extracted here:
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

You should see a WIM.toc (alongside other files/folders) here:
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\WIM

10-05-11, 08:35 AM   #54
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
This means you haven't correctly installed the addon.

The WIM folder should be extracted here:
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

You should see a WIM.toc (alongside other files/folders) here:
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\WIM
Thanks but no WIM folder just the WIM.TOC file in main Addon folder.

10-05-11, 10:16 AM   #55
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Still, if it's not showing in the list, then you haven't installed it correctly. Screenshot?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-13-11, 08:36 AM   #56
RazorClaw99
Banned
will get screen shots soon but today Carbonite has been having trouble and I was wondering has anyone else gotten/has problems with carbonite?

10-13-11, 08:57 AM   #57
Ivernicous
A Murloc Raider
Well I tryed Fizzwidget FactionFriend configured it and still doesn't work like factioneer, here is my discription again;

An addon the works in the reputation window by organizing the factions into the catagories of exalted, revered, honored, friendly, neutral, hostile, hated and by clicking the faction on the menu it will have a pop out window that will display the flavor text for the faction and the location of that faction and any quest, repeatable quests, daiy quests, instances, heroics, raids that can gain that factions rep and how much u need to do for u to get to the next level with that faction.

So is there anonther one like this that works just like factioneer but is upto date and will work with guild rep but calculates it with the weekly rep cap in mind?

Factionizer is what you are looking for. I didn't find it listed here at Wow Interface so you'll have to get it from that OTHER AddOn site.
Link: Factionizer

10-13-11, 02:36 PM   #58
Phanx
Cat.

Thanks but no WIM folder just the WIM.TOC file in main Addon folder.
That means you did not install the addon correctly. The install path should look like this:

World of Warcraft > AddOns > WIM > WIM.toc

If your install path does not look exactly like that, the addon is not installed correctly, and WoW will not see it. I just downloaded WIM by hand from this site, and the ZIP includes a "WIM" folder with all of the files (including WIM.toc) inside of it. You need to extract the whole WIM folder, not just the files inside of it, so that your install path matches the one above.

10-14-11, 09:30 AM   #59
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Ivernicous View Post
Factionizer is what you are looking for. I didn't find it listed here at Wow Interface so you'll have to get it from that OTHER AddOn site.
Link: Factionizer
Yeap this is what I wanted thanks bud.

10-14-11, 09:50 AM   #60
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
That means you did not install the addon correctly. The install path should look like this:

World of Warcraft > AddOns > WIM > WIM.toc

If your install path does not look exactly like that, the addon is not installed correctly, and WoW will not see it. I just downloaded WIM by hand from this site, and the ZIP includes a "WIM" folder with all of the files (including WIM.toc) inside of it. You need to extract the whole WIM folder, not just the files inside of it, so that your install path matches the one above.
I did it that way and now is should work, haved whisper someone or someone hasn't whispered me to test but it's on the list of add-ons now thanks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for Name's of Addons I can Discribe