10-21-11, 01:43 PM   #1
RazorClaw99
Banned
Still need a few addons

Hey all,

I am going to try this again but this time be a bit better at letting life happen. I am looking for an addon that can expand the ingnore list for all the gold sellers and trade channel anal ppl, trolls and other ppl u just hate.

10-21-11, 02:38 PM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Badboy: AntiSpam or IgnoreMore.

10-21-11, 03:13 PM   #3
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
BadBoy (as mentioned above) + BadBoy: CCleaner should help clean up Chat a lot.

10-21-11, 05:21 PM   #4
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
Badboy: AntiSpam or IgnoreMore.
I have Badboy but it does not help Expand ingore list, once it's full it's full u have to remove ppl off to get others.

10-21-11, 05:24 PM   #5
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
BadBoy (as mentioned above) + BadBoy: CCleaner should help clean up Chat a lot.
will give badboy_CCleaner a try sounds hopeful to filter out the crap terens think is cool and hopefully can be set up to not see the trolls who find fun mouthing off against players who are actually trying to help the guild out with Achievements by PUGing old school raids.

10-21-11, 06:30 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can't expand the ignore list. Addons only get around it by hiding those lines from your chat. This is precisely what BadBoy and its plugins do. At the same time, it will report the spammers for you to get rid of them for good.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-21-11, 06:45 PM   #7
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You can't expand the ignore list. Addons only get around it by hiding those lines from your chat. This is precisely what BadBoy and its plugins do. At the same time, it will report the spammers for you to get rid of them for good.
so as far as trolls in trade channel are considered it's SOL cause they are a fact of life?

10-21-11, 09:12 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
what?...

If you hate the chat channel enough that not even BadBoy and it's plugins can help you, then just leave the chat channel. That's one of the first things I do when I make new characters - I leave zone and trade chats. If leaving the channel is something you would rather not do, then... yeah. It's a fact of life (if that's what you really meant up above). They're an annoying part of life, but they're there still anyway.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-21-11, 09:52 PM   #9
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
what?...

If you hate the chat channel enough that not even BadBoy and it's plugins can help you, then just leave the chat channel. That's one of the first things I do when I make new characters - I leave zone and trade chats. If leaving the channel is something you would rather not do, then... yeah. It's a fact of life (if that's what you really meant up above). They're an annoying part of life, but they're there still anyway.
yea so that's y I want to ignore them but since they are consider paying customers blizzard is like **** u regular user u can only ignore 50 of them I come here hoping to ignore them all but ur saying I can because there a fact of life? We live in a breaty ****ed up world if that is the case cause if a troll is in the real world it's called through in jail for them and we don't deal with them anymore.

10-21-11, 10:44 PM   #10
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Razor, I think the problem may be with your understanding of the term "troll". This is the wikipedia definition of an internet troll.

Let me extend that definition to include anyone posting in forums who posts perfectly reasonable requests for help in specialized forums (much as the ones we proudly maintain here on WoWInterface) and then refuses to listen to the constructive advice they are given regarding their questions.

And no, here in the United States at least, internet trolls do NOT go to jail. They just get publicly shunned... And occasionally banned...

I'm just sayin'...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-21-11, 11:01 PM   #11
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

You asked a question, and got your answer. If you have an issue with the way Blizzard deals with the ignore list, then I suggest you take it to the Official Forums.

In the meantime, I will (in my opinion, at least) graciously allow you to continue posting in these forums. I am cautiously optimistic that in the future you will accept the answers to your questions in the spirit they were given.

In other words, you can most likely consider this your last warning...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-21-11, 11:08 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, enough warnings have been made in the past few days.

Follow the rules and be nice, folks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Still need a few addons