05-18-09, 03:08 PM   #1
sicklyboy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
totem indicators?

well, i just restarted playing my shaman, hes lvl 18 now woot =P

so, im not quite sure what to call it, but the "totem indicators", yes, the round things that show what totems you have casted, and i dont even remember where it goes on the default blizz ui. however, i cant seem to find it anywhere in nUI. am i blatantly missing something, or is it removed?

let me log onto my shaman again and double check... also must update other addons.

05-18-09, 03:43 PM   #2
eaglepgc
A Cyclonian

My Alt is a Shammy. Those indicators are underneath your portrait in the default Blizz config. I don't play him as much, so I haven't asked about the indicators (or lack there of) in nUI. As far as I know there are none and there isn't an add for them in nUI.. yet... I'm sure one will surface shortly.

05-18-09, 04:02 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Totem timers are rapidly rising to the top of the priority list now that most of the bigger issues are getting whittled down. However, for now, you'll need to turn to another mod to add totem timers.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-18-09, 04:06 PM   #4
sicklyboy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
upon further inspection, there does not seem to be a totem indicator.

any addons that would be good for that?

05-18-09, 04:17 PM   #5
sicklyboy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks for the reply scott; these totem indicators (gah, i STILL dont know what theyre called! look at me as if i am an idiot =P) are only helpful to me because some aggressive mobs like to attack my stoneskin totem when im out of combat, then come to me >_>

heck, even I dont know what im looking for, but what seems ot be a good candidate for the time being (and also possibly to replace another addon for this char) is Totemus 3 - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...otemus303.aspx

time to check this out XD

doesnt do what i expected. hmm

Last edited by sicklyboy : 05-18-09 at 05:43 PM.

05-18-09, 06:25 PM   #6
eaglepgc
A Cyclonian

Let me know if it works

05-19-09, 06:38 AM   #7
Curumtiny
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I too have just started using my shaman again. It was my old main in BC but when Wrath came out I switched to my DK. But anyways here is two good mods that I currently use and used in the past for Shamans.

Enhancement Shamans addon - What this addon does is gives indicators of what Enhancement shaman spell you should use next for the best dps. Also tracks with bars the time you have remaining on Spirit Wolf, etc. Shock and Awe

Totem Timers - Call of Elements *Note I haven't tried this since BC days I just reinstalled it now but with servers down I am unable to test it. But in the past it had totem timers that you could move around on your screen.*

06-01-09, 01:06 PM   #8
Ywoski
A Defias Bandit
found an addon that gives me a good totem panel and timer BUT my problem being is recalling totems like you can with blizz ui, how is that achieved with nui in some cases totems may need to be recalled before a Pat see's em and they aggro etc

06-01-09, 03:14 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
At the moment I don't use any Totem addon for my shaman as as I haven't found one I like at the moment, so I have my totem spells and my recall spell on the action button bars below the main action bar and use them until I find that addon that looks and works the way I want. Rofll, maybe my guild addon will have to wait until I figure out how the secure action buttons work.

06-01-09, 03:15 PM   #10
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

At a certain level, you get a spell to recall totems. Until that level is achieved, you are sol... The totems will aggro the pat.

06-01-09, 03:19 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
At a certain level, you get a spell to recall totems. Until that level is achieved, you are sol... The totems will aggro the pat.
Ah gotcha .. rofl .. been awhile since I played her before the other week since Ive been levelling her again. Just assumed it was something you got when you got your first 4 totems.

06-07-09, 09:26 PM   #12
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Totem timers (doh) is a simple to use/setup/scale/move addon that is great for dropping/monitoring/recalling totems/shields/weapon buffs

Good luck - My current main is an 80 shaman.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » totem indicators?