Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by cometangel View Post
8 days and no update on any keys...
How's this for an update...

You're dangerously close to not getting one if you keep complaining about something that is a courtesy, not a right.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
07-30-10, 06:51 PM   #882
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

One who does not demand, Shall not be given...
maybe cuz this time admin didnt ask for em?
I will NOT go on my usual rant defending the admins of WoWI as at this point, I don't think any defense is necessary. Suffice to say, when THEY know something, YOU will know something.

there... simple and to the point. Pretty good for once...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-30-10, 07:23 PM   #883
eThuz
TeamBPS

Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
How's this for an update...

You're dangerously close to not getting one if you keep complaining about something that is a courtesy, not a right.
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
I will NOT go on my usual rant defending the admins of WoWI as at this point, I don't think any defense is necessary. Suffice to say, when THEY know something, YOU will know something.

there... simple and to the point. Pretty good for once...
All I can say is... BAM!
07-30-10, 07:32 PM   #884
Krahg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

One who does not demand, Shall not be given...
maybe cuz this time admin didnt ask for em?
One who does not demand, Shall not be given?

Well that's true, but there are more than 800 replies to this thread did you think none of them thought to ask? I think that's amusing.

As for no update, I am completely satisfied with the abundance of information available. I was given a personal number (like the butcher's take a number system) and the first post has is being edited to show which number they are upto (much like the now serving serving). This is HUGE compared to battle.net's default lottery which has not provided me even a single update of any kind at all in all the time since the button's appeared.
07-30-10, 08:06 PM   #885
Sannomiya
A Murloc Raider
I jut wanted to thank WoWI for giving authors a chance to play the beta, Personalty i would be happy if i got my key even a week before the release. Would hate for it to happen that way, but i can tell you i wouldn't stop playing for that week.
07-30-10, 08:08 PM   #886
DJFreia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Any ETA on the next Batch and how big it is?
07-30-10, 08:09 PM   #887
cometangel
A Murloc Raider
well, im not asking for something like "plz give me a key", im simply stating that
a simple /tell to blizzard would notify them that wowinterface is out of keys, im not expecting myself a key anytime soon, but just suggesting how to get things moving faster, like if someone finished all your milk and
didnt tell you, you dont go to the store until you know that the milk is out...
no need to go haywire, im simply sorry if you did not understand the purpose
of my post, maybe i was unclear
07-30-10, 08:22 PM   #888
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

well, im not asking for something like "plz give me a key", im simply stating that
a simple /tell to blizzard would notify them that wowinterface is out of keys, im not expecting myself a key anytime soon, but just suggesting how to get things moving faster, like if someone finished all your milk and
didnt tell you, you dont go to the store until you know that the milk is out...
no need to go haywire, im simply sorry if you did not understand the purpose
of my post, maybe i was unclear
Seemed pretty clear to me...

I guess the admins here just aren't intelligent enough to think of telling Blizz that they need more keys...

<you guys know I'm being sarcastic, right? RIGHT???>

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-30-10, 08:59 PM   #889
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Believe me, cometangel, we haven't just been sitting here on our thumbs.

Not sure why you would think we were.

/edit: DJFreia: nothing's changed since the last 5 times we've said that you guys will know as soon as we know
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-30-10, 11:17 PM   #890
Krahg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by cometangel
like if someone finished all your milk and didnt tell you, you dont go to the store until you know that the milk is out...
I am curious... when do you buy fuel for your car?

Last edited by Krahg : 07-30-10 at 11:22 PM.
07-31-10, 12:57 AM   #891
Nefrirr
A Cyclonian

Smile

The whole speculation about the ETA and size of the next stack of keys is void, anyway.

I understand that most people who signed up for a key are eager to play the beta (me included), but the last thing I heard, addons are still disabled. Don't forget that the reason for us addon authors to get the luxury of guaranteed keys is to make our addons cataclysm-ready.

Just enjoy the wait in pleasant anticipation and if you are bored, think about new cool features for your addons. ;-)

Last edited by Nefrirr : 07-31-10 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo
07-31-10, 02:27 AM   #892
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Give us a freaking break cometangel. This isnt the first time we have done this. They ALWAYS slow down after a bunch of keys.

Blizzard knows almost every day how many people are waiting for a key. We have communication skills.

I'm sure they have a good reason for slowing down the keys.

Last edited by Dolby : 07-31-10 at 02:42 AM.
07-31-10, 03:00 AM   #893
Bruhn
Banned
I'm really enjoying this site so far compared to any other alternatives. never seen such awesome and active admins/mods. thanks for keeping us updated guys!
07-31-10, 06:11 PM   #894
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I think the first post should be ammended.

"When new keys are available we will let everyone know by adding them to the list at the bottom of this post. Anyone asking for an ETA will be removed from the queue and no longer given a chance to recieve a key."

Quite honestly I think it's very annoying that people need to ask this question. READ the thread (or in the case of DJFreia looking up a few posts to see the answer by voodoo).

Seriously peple read the thread .. all you need to look for is user names in RED ... theses are ADMIN ... chances are one of their posts in this post has your answer.

Why is cometangel asking for a key ETA anyway .. doesn't even have an addon here.

Last edited by Sepioth : 07-31-10 at 06:14 PM.
07-31-10, 07:23 PM   #895
cometangel
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
I think the first post should be ammended.

"When new keys are available we will let everyone know by adding them to the list at the bottom of this post. Anyone asking for an ETA will be removed from the queue and no longer given a chance to recieve a key."

Quite honestly I think it's very annoying that people need to ask this question. READ the thread (or in the case of DJFreia looking up a few posts to see the answer by voodoo).

Seriously peple read the thread .. all you need to look for is user names in RED ... theses are ADMIN ... chances are one of their posts in this post has your answer.

Why is cometangel asking for a key ETA anyway .. doesn't even have an addon here.
O'Rly? i had an addon very usefull for players, but admin removed it since he/she is corrupt and gets key for em self and sells em, just check the mmowned elite section... also a close friend of mine (wont mention who) and very high positioned on wowi confirmed they have had a batch of 250 keys added here just 2 days ago by word of blizz... way to go wowi (Y) just do w/e... i dun care anymore... in one or two days you will get keys just because i showed you proof of this... anyone with elite on mmowned can check it out for themselves

Last edited by cometangel : 07-31-10 at 07:27 PM.
07-31-10, 07:34 PM   #896
Sannomiya
A Murloc Raider
Ok, i gotta know what was it called?
07-31-10, 07:35 PM   #897
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hahahahhahahaha.
07-31-10, 07:38 PM   #898
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
O'Rly? i had an addon very usefull for players, but admin removed it since he/she is corrupt and gets key for em self and sells em, just check the mmowned elite section... also a close friend of mine (wont mention who) and very high positioned on wowi confirmed they have had a batch of 250 keys added here just 2 days ago by word of blizz... way to go wowi (Y) just do w/e... i dun care anymore... in one or two days you will get keys just because i showed you proof of this... anyone with elite on mmowned can check it out for themselves
Your addon was removed because it was about 8 lines and it did something the default UI already did. We wouldn't have caught it had you not been snide and generally rude causing us to take a second look at your addons. Not that I'm complaining, we can give it to someone who actually deserves it.
07-31-10, 07:42 PM   #899
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Oh also we don't get keys in batches of 250, but your slander was amusing!
07-31-10, 07:49 PM   #900
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I trust this is some type of a joke. If not, you had better expect to be drawn, quartered and hung out to dry in little, tiny pieces by the time the community gets finished with you. The admins on this site deserve nothing but praise for the professional way they conduct themselves. To even have someone hint at, let alone out right state, that they are dishonest has me shaking with anger.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!