09-10-12, 06:05 AM   #1
cateye
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Minimap Problem: Transfer settings?

Hi,

I have been using Carbonite for several years, and love it.

However, for at least the past year, I have been struggling with minimap issues on one of my two accounts.

I used to have the setting where the Blizz minimap docks below the Carbonite map, with it offset to be below and to the left. I keep the Carbonite map fairly small, sometimes sized to just the width of the minimap and the height dragged up just to show the borders. The minimap would be there, and if I wanted to look at the larger map I just dragged it to a comfortable size, used it , then made it smaller again.

But all that changed, probably as long ago as Wrath. The minimap started going black inside dungeons. I couldn't see the floor maps. Generally not a problem unless I got lost, but even that worked out. But then the Blizz map started resizing, to where when I log in, it is so small that I can't even see it--although I know its there because my character's arrow is showing about an inch below in a line with the right side of the Carbonite map. I can uncheck the box at the top of the Carbonite map, and temporarily fix the problem, but it keeps recurring.

I didn't have any problems with the other account. I've tried copying settings one by one while double-boxing. No luck. Recently, with the latest updates, I now have no Blizz minimap, but the Carbonite resizable map acts as the Blizz map, which is awesome. I like this setting. But again, just trying to match the settings with both accounts open hasn't worked.

I have tried deleting the Carbonite folders from the Addons folder, but that didn't solve the problem. There's probably a setting somewhere else but I have no idea where that might be.

I am guessing I've got some corrupted settings on my problem account. But I have no idea how to fix it. Is there a way to get the settings from my second account onto the first one?

Any help is appreciated!

09-10-12, 06:51 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can completely reset Carbonite by deleting two files.

PLEASE EXIT WoW COMPLETELY BACK TO YOUR DESKTOP BEFORE DOING WHAT IS SUGGESTED HERE!

Those two files are located at "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\", and if you have two separate accounts delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files from the problem accounts WTF folder.

BE AWARE that doing this will COMPLETELY reset that accounts' installation of Carbonite back to the default settings for all characters on that account. That will happen because those files hold ALL of that accounts Carbonite set up information for all of the characters on that account.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-11-12, 05:02 PM   #3
cateye
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the answer.

I looked through the two savedvariables carbonite.lua files for the two accounts; I'm wondering if the problem I'm having is because I transferred the problem character to a couple of realms then back to my original realm.

I really appreciate the help--although setting it back to default is my least favorite option, it may be the best one in the end.

Again, thank you.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap Problem: Transfer settings?