12-09-10, 07:06 AM   #1
Pet
A Murloc Raider
Not showing ...

hi this just FYI the mini map is not showing where to go do a quest. this morning i would start a quest, and it wouldn't show on mini map( nor on world map) where to go to do the quest( not turn in completed), but actually show where to go to do the quest. hopefully a minor bug but please fix tyvm

12-09-10, 10:39 AM   #2
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

any quest in general or a specific one?

12-09-10, 06:24 PM   #3
Pet
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Fathersin View Post
any quest in general or a specific one?
all the quest in my log, and newly accepted quests

12-10-10, 12:12 PM   #4
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

hrmm.. OK first thing first make sure your current with carbonite. (not sayin you aren't but you didn't make mention of your version.)

next things I'd look would be under options / Quest Watch and have "auto watch new quests" and "auto watch changed quests" checked. You can also quick select these on the carbonite quest list little arrow button on the left side of title bar. when you mouse over it it says "menu" and just select the two options the popup offers concerning the above.

also open your questlog and see if the "dots" are yellow (this means they are being tracked.)

not sure of anything else that may help.
good luck

12-11-10, 06:53 AM   #5
Pet
A Murloc Raider
hrmm.. OK first thing first make sure your current with carbonite. (not sayin you aren't but you didn't make mention of your version.)

next things I'd look would be under options / Quest Watch and have "auto watch new quests" and "auto watch changed quests" checked. You can also quick select these on the carbonite quest list little arrow button on the left side of title bar. when you mouse over it it says "menu" and just select the two options the popup offers concerning the above.

also open your questlog and see if the "dots" are yellow (this means they are being tracked.)

not sure of anything else that may help.
good luck
OK yes i do have the newest ver. and all the things you said to check are checked. it worked fine the night before i wrote the first message about this and when i woke up the next morning it was not working, everything else is working great, any other suggestions, I've since reinstalled carbonite to see if that was the issue but it wasn't. is there a way to roll back setting to "like" factory setting or default settings ?

Last edited by Pet : 12-11-10 at 07:11 AM.

12-11-10, 08:42 AM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
/carb resetwin resets the window positions, but that probably isn't the problem, although it might be. If that doesn't work, delete your carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak folders from the toon's saved variables folder.

12-11-10, 01:10 PM   #7
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

yar Chmee has the next step I would have taken. the resetting to default is basically deleting the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files from the saved variables folder (just in case. wowinstall/WTF/Account/accountname/Savedvariables/look for the two files) as Chmee has suggested. I'm afraid I don't know what else it could be.

Last edited by Fathersin : 12-11-10 at 01:23 PM. Reason: cause one day i'll learn to use preview instead of the edit to fix typo's 2nd edit was correction of path... oops.

12-11-10, 04:26 PM   #8
Pet
A Murloc Raider
yar Chmee has the next step I would have taken. the resetting to default is basically deleting the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files from the saved variables folder (just in case. wowinstall/WTF/Account/accountname/Savedvariables/look for the two files) as Chmee has suggested. I'm afraid I don't know what else it could be.
thank you very much it worked deleting those files. tyvm to both of you Chmee and fathersin

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Not showing ...