01-10-06, 01:21 PM   #1
metalsick
A Defias Bandit
Floaters not accepting conditional statements...help?

Well, I know this is my first post, but I definitely need help.

I have a couple floaters off to the side of my ui. One is a self heal, which targets myself, cast lesser healing wave, then targets last enemy. I also have another floater which does the same, except it is for curing poison.

What I wanted the floater to do was to flash/blink/SOMETHING if a debuff was found on me containing the word "poison" so I could cure it.

I set up the condition (changed the player name to my own name) and tried to add condition. However, no matter what I tried, it kept adding to the main bar button #1, not the floater I specified. I clicked on the floater on the left hand side and editing the condition under THAT menu, and it still adds the condition, in order, starting with main bar/#1.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, for the self heal, should I use a solid number of hit points or a percentage? I saw in a different thread that .3 should be used for 30 percent and so-on, but I was wondering if it would ALSO work if you had a condition for <= 300, or 300hp.

Thanks for our quick reply.
01-10-06, 02:39 PM   #2
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In the list of bars on the top left scroll down to the Floaters heading. Find the button there you want to modify and click on it. Then click on the Control tab for the floater. Don't put your name or any name in boxes that require unit IDs. The id for you is player.

Debuff Status - type in Poison, choose player, choose >, type in 0; Start Blinking
Debuff Status - type in Poison, choose player, choose =, type in 0; Stop Blinking
01-10-06, 05:02 PM   #3
passionfly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wow, this is a very powerful feature of DAB. I'm gonna use this for my rogue and druid.
01-10-06, 05:57 PM   #4
metalsick
A Defias Bandit
I can't check this since I'm at work at the moment, but I know I did exactly what you said, and this is what happens:

On the left hand side of the "/dab" menu, I see my 2 floaters I've created. I click on the first one, which has my macro for self-curing poison. On the top-kinda right hand side of the entire window is where I can edit the floater options and such. I go to the control tab, in which brings up a window with current conditions and some scroll menus near the bottom of the screen to make a new condition.

Here is where I start to edit some things. First I click scroll and choose debuff active then poison. (I have left the target (you) and also changed it to my name), then start blinking/flashing/etc...

After all of this, I hit add condition, in which it DOES NOT add to the conditions list on my floater. Instead, if I, on the left hand side menu again, choose main bar, or the very first one, it then adds the condition I JUST created to button 1.

Now, on the other bars, the buttons work beautifully, or as far as I know it. But with floaters, it seems the conditions get moved to my main bar instead of staying with my floaters.

If I still do not make any sense, I will use fraps and/or screenshots to show what I do to make the button, and how it gets assigned elsewhere.

Could this be a bug or just a bad install / me being a moron incident?

EDIT: Hmm, I dont think I tried the > or = 0 part. I'll check later tonight as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Floaters not accepting conditional statements...help?