01-07-06, 10:29 AM   #1
Ravagyr
A Kobold Labourer
Floater Questions

A couple of quick questions for Lozareth if you have a moment. But first thanks for creating such a great addon... I was hesitatnt at first when I switched from Bib to DAB but I don't think I could ever go back to another system now. Great work. On to the questions.))

1) In DAB 2.X I was able to figure out how to have floaters only appear when they were usable. To be precise I am a warrior and would like Revenge/Execute/Mortal Strike and a few other floaters to appear only when usable and to disappear when not usable.

2) Also I would like to have a floater for Battle Shout(warrior Attack Power buff) appear when 2 conditions are true, namely when in combat and when I am not already buffed by Battle Shout. I would like the floater to be hidden when not in combat and also hidden when in combat but already buffed.

3) Similar to 2) I would like a floater for Demoralizing Shout(warrior Attack Power debuff) appear when 2 conditions are true, namely when I am in combat and when my target is not already debuffed with Demo Shout. I would like the floater to be hidden when not in combat and also hidden when in combat but when my target is already debuffed.

I was never able to figure out 2)+3) in DAB 2.X so not sure if it can be done but I would be grateful for any help you can provide.
01-07-06, 10:36 AM   #2
M4yh3M
A Murloc Raider

Sorry I can not respond to your questions, but I also have another floater question.

I like the new vesrion and since reconfiguring to the new version, i can not seem to be able to bind a key to a floater button.

I use "supercast" and would like to bind a key to a floater with ID 54.

Supercast is working with the button, but i can not figure out how to bind a key to a floater.

The Button ID 54 seems to be mapped to my bar7, and i tried messing with that, .. no luck.

I am not even sure if this is actually possible

Any help would be great

Thanks

-MayheM
01-07-06, 11:13 AM   #3
smentzer
A Defias Bandit
I had all 3 of your options working in 2.x thanks to help from the forums on discordmod.com

1. via DAB_Floater_ShowwhenUsable()

2. with this script under combat events

if arg1=="player" then
if DMF_Buff("Battle Shout") then
DAB_Floater_Hide(58) else
if UnitMana("player")>10 then
DAB_Floater_Show(58)
end
end
end

3. with this script (also works for rend to if you swap "Shout" for "Rend") under onupdate

if (not DMF_Debuff("Shout","target")) and
UnitMana("player")>10 then
DAB_Floater_Show(60) else
DAB_Floater_Hide(60)
end

They weren't perfect, as sometimes the floaters would show out of combat, but they worked great when it counted.

That said, I haven't been able to figure out how to get any of the 3 working in 3.x yet, as none of the above work w/o modification, and DAB_Floater_ShowwhenUsable() doesn't seem to exist anymore (at least it errors out when i try to put it in.

So I guess I am saying I need help too
01-07-06, 11:26 AM   #4
smentzer
A Defias Bandit
well, think to answer my own question, it looks like the way to replace DAB_Floater_ShowwhenUsable()

is to set floater active conditions under the control tab for each floater.

for example, on the execute floater, i set 2 conditions:
Action Usable:Revenge->Response:Show
and
Action Unusable:Revenge->Response:Hide.

This seems like it should work (for execute, revenge, etc), though i haven't tried it yet.

Now to figure out the buff/debuff ones. They may work the same way, not sure yet.

These mods are awesome, but a bit daunting to figure out how to make them work.

EDIT: all of them work using the floater button control tab, even better than the scripts for 2.x! I am gonna start a new post showing the settings, so other folks can see it too.

Last edited by smentzer : 01-07-06 at 11:52 AM. Reason: update
01-07-06, 01:57 PM   #5
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. Buff Active - Battle Shout; Hide
2. Not In Combat; Hide
3. Action Unusable - Battle Shout; Hide
4. Buff Inactive - Battle Shout; Show; Overridden By: 2, 3
5. Action Usable - Battle Shout; Show; Overridden By: 1, 2
6. In Combat; Show; Overridden By: 1, 3

Bit more than you truly need but it guarantees it'll always show exactly when you wanted it to.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Floater Questions