11-22-14, 06:48 AM   #1
sptyi
A Murloc Raider
Bodyguard Health Frame

Before I begin, I have never made an AddOn before. Therefore, I'm not even sure this can be done, let alone how to do it if it is possible. If there is already someone else working on this, that's great, but if not, I'd love to take a stab at it with your help.

So, for those of you still here after that first paragraph, I feel that the bodyguard deserves their own health/aggro frame, especially since there is a 1 hour cooldown to resummon in the case they die. As it stands, the only way to know if they are near death, or pulling aggro is to constantly target them, which is not at all feasible when fighting. Focus frame is also not reliable, obviously.

I have been searching for a way to show an NPC's health in a new frame, but there doesn't seem to have been a need for this before now. Any and all help would be appreciated.
11-22-14, 10:20 AM   #2
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I answered this on the official forums, in case anyone else was curious.

In summary: It's probably possible, but it's not easy because bodyguards don't have a unitID.
11-22-14, 10:30 AM   #3
sptyi
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for throwing the link and the help, Choon.
11-27-14, 02:30 PM   #4
Sharparam
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I might be looking into making a basic addon to track it, it might be decently reliable actually, after advice from #wowuidev.

Maybe a good idea to make it as a library, to open up more possibilities for display addons.
11-28-14, 03:13 AM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I honestly haven't had have any problems using the FocusFrame, but I agree it would be nice for them to have their own UnitID so I can use focus for other targets if needed.
11-28-14, 06:36 AM   #6
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Coud anyone make an addon to set the Bodyguard automaticly as Focus if you don't have an other focus? That woud be the best alternative for me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bodyguard Health Frame