10-05-10, 08:06 AM   #1
diablo0813
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
World Map like 'Where's Waldo' & Mage Nuggets??

I will make this as short as I can so I don't get the TLDNR crowd all spun up...but I have a couple of "requests".

1). Since Blizzard took out the little glow-spot of your current location on the world map, how hard would it be to create a mod to do this? Or better yet, is there already a mod out there that I just haven't managed to find in my few days of looking. I even got so discouraged I decided to try and teach myself LUA, XML, and the WoW API's to just do it myself....turns out I ain't nerly asmart asi thaught. The closest I got was finding that I needed to run a current map load prior to firing the get player coordinates. All of this means nothing to me since I have no idea what to do with those coordinates once I get them. Any guidance would be great!

2). Mage Nuggets. It is an incredible mod for mages with multiple little "nuggets" of goodness. The part I want to talk about is...the Spell Steal Monitor. If my target has a stealable buff, a little window with the name of the buff pops up letting me know I can steal it. Currently I am playing a Shaman and was wondering if something like this exists for the Purge spell. Again, after trying to find a mod that does it, I spent way too much of my life (which I will never get back) , trying to learn how to make it myself. Hell, I even had a name all earmarked for it...Shaman Strips. So here's to me hoping that in the next couple days a mod called: "Shaman Strips" with a "purgable" window shows up on here,

Well, thank if you made it this far, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!, if you make these mods (and let me know about it ) or can point me in the direction of ones that do these functions. My one caveat is that I don't want a mod that does 8 bazillion other things. I just want something that does these one things.

Thanks in advance folks!
10-09-10, 04:09 AM   #2
diablo0813
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Uhhggggg,

86 views with no replies...either I've stumped the unstumpables..or..I didn't really articulate very well. If the latter is the case, let me know and I might be able to demonstrate with some Photoshop magic.
10-09-10, 07:17 AM   #3
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sometimes it's one of those cases where I won't reply unless I can help.

1. What do you mean by "little glow-spot of your current location". When you open the world map you get a ping on your location which glows, is this it? It's still there.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
10-09-10, 07:40 AM   #4
diablo0813
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yep, that's exactly the Glow Spot I am referring to. Are you sure it's still natively there or do you use a mod that happens to provide that functionality?

I only ask because I have seen numerous mentions about the removal of that feature (which looks to be reinstated on the Cataclysm Beta) a couple patches ago...as well as the fact that I don't have it.
10-09-10, 07:44 AM   #5
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by diablo0813 View Post
Yep, that's exactly the Glow Spot I am referring to. Are you sure it's still natively there or do you use a mod that happens to provide that functionality?
I can vouch for the current live version.

I don't know if it was missing one patch and it's nothing you really notice unless you're looking but considering they managed to screw up minimap pings it wouldn't suprise me if they accidentally screwed that up at one point.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
10-09-10, 07:53 AM   #6
diablo0813
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK, now it's turning into a vendetta!

Here is a screenshot of my current addon folder:

Am I missing something that might be suppressing the glowy thingy?
10-09-10, 12:46 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you try disabling everything first, to see if it actually is an addon interfering?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-09-10, 03:10 PM   #8
jewhedon
A Murloc Raider
I use Mapster and I still have the glow. Actually a little arrowhead which shows the direction your facing.

Hope that helps a little.
10-10-10, 09:38 AM   #9
diablo0813
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, after going one-by-one through all my addons...I discovered it's Gatherer. I poked around in Gatherers UI and couldn't find anything that is explicitly preventing the glow. Not sure I can live without my Gatherer though, =(
10-10-10, 10:28 AM   #10
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Use Gathermate - it does the same job as Gatherer, except it doesn't store some info (how often you've used a node, the last time you used that node, etc - nearly useless info).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » World Map like 'Where's Waldo' & Mage Nuggets??