11-03-19, 07:02 PM   #1
Tanavor
A Defias Bandit
Help updating custom .BLP texture file WoW Classic

From what I understand, all I need to do in order to update a .BLP interface file, is to create a folder in my wow interface directory with the corresponding name of the files original location. Once I have opened, edited, and saved the BLP file here, it should show up in game.

This works perfectly fine for the "Atlas World Map Classic" Texture Pack that I downloaded online. I tested out my photoshop plugin for handling BLP files and made an alteration to one of the Atlas map images. I saved, did a /reload ui in game, and it worked just fine, i could see my change, live.

I cannot get this to work for anything else, such as changing the color of my UI frames and player portrait frame. Seems like the same process used to alter a world map texture would work for this other stuff. What am I missing? I've tried 0, 1, 4, and 8 bit Alpha depth. DXT compression, DXT5, Indexted (256 Color), and Uncompressed are my options.... still cant seem to find a solution.

Any info would be appreciated.
11-03-19, 07:31 PM   #2
Vampyr78
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can't replace files in WoW anymore without modyfing the exe file with some code injection. And that's bannable. Wanna change something in your UI like colros or textures, you have to make an addon that will replace those with some lua code.
11-03-19, 07:38 PM   #3
Tanavor
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
You can't replace files in WoW anymore without modyfing the exe file with some code injection. And that's bannable. Wanna change something in your UI like colros or textures, you have to make an addon that will replace those with some lua code.
Great, thank you! I'll have to do some digging and take that approach then. Good to know.
11-03-19, 09:15 PM   #4
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Only sound files were affected by 8.2's file changes. You can still replace textures.

You have to make sure the file you're editing is a square with pixel size a power of 2, such as 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, and so on. If what you edited originally had blank space, it's necessary blank space.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Help updating custom .BLP texture file WoW Classic