01-10-14, 01:55 PM   #3301
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Freakeh View Post
Heya! When I try to type /grid2 to get the option screen (same for /bt) I get the following error and nothing happens...

Any clever person able to help?
Did you happen to update Aurora by accident?

01-10-14, 06:41 PM   #3302
Freakeh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Possibly? Strangely the character I play the most doesn't get this issue, while my alts do :S

01-11-14, 05:30 PM   #3303
jayminhas
A Kobold Labourer
I apologize if this has been asked already but is there anyway to get health bar/mana bar to regular colors?

01-11-14, 11:36 PM   #3304
Triksterism
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Just wanted to say that this UI is very sleek and very sexy. It's essentially the new ElvUI in a sense. I got the same "wow!" factor from installing this that I did from Tukui back in later WOTLK.

This is the first UI to get me to ween myself off of using ElvUI and other Tukui variants. The in-game UI menus make everything feel so futuristic and professional, I love it..

I am not 100% keen on the bag addon, but I can get used to it and I hope the nameplate addon will feature a filter/blacklist someday as well, but these are minor complaints about an otherwise fantastic UI suite.

01-12-14, 02:02 AM   #3305
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
how do you move the player buffs

i was wondering how do i move the buffs that the move the same way as the debuffs as i move moved things around to unit frames and other stuff around to find my need i had the aura bars disabled but figured i would try to use them but i cant get the buff bar to look like the debuff bar and act the same way of moving to the right. is there something in the aura setting that allows me to do this or do i have to go into the LUA files ? here is a pic of what i mean

http://imageshack.com/a/img62/5245/baep.jpg

Ripshawn YouTube channel

RipShawn Twitch channel

Last edited by Stevenlandry : 01-12-14 at 02:26 AM.

01-12-14, 03:00 AM   #3306
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Grid2 AoE module does not work in SoO, at least not LFR version. Neither does raid debuff. Tried updating grid2 modules (not Grid2 itself) and it bugged out, kept erasing my profiles, etc. Was wondering if anybody could update RealUI to work properly in SoO?

01-13-14, 06:48 PM   #3307
anondrian
A Defias Bandit
2 Questions on Chatter:
Is there a way to make /clearfocus /cleartarget work in the chatbox. If you use them there now they just error out as protected actions.

Is there a way to match the line spacing of the first tab on other tabs/windows? I don't mind editing files need be.

On cbniv bags:
Is there a way when your press "show bags" that an icon be shown for the default inventory space? There is no way to "hide" those right now in the bank or the main bag.

01-17-14, 09:29 AM   #3308
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Anj View Post
I don't see this on 1280 x 800. What are your screen resolutions?
1366 x 768 at the moment - on a laptop abroad. Haven't noticed the issue on my home desktop which is 1920 x 1080.

(for ref, this refers to pet frame overlapping the focus frame, which I mentioned a little while ago)

01-17-14, 07:42 PM   #3309
iamslay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by BalwickMaggy View Post
1366 x 768 at the moment - on a laptop abroad. Haven't noticed the issue on my home desktop which is 1920 x 1080.

(for ref, this refers to pet frame overlapping the focus frame, which I mentioned a little while ago)
going to add 2880x1800 to this ^.^ i also have the retina display option enabled, if that matters

01-18-14, 02:50 PM   #3310
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
I think more people need to take time to compliment addon writers - especially those that create UIs. I think Real UI is very slick and beautifully designed. Good job, keep up the amazing work!

01-18-14, 09:55 PM   #3311
vaizard
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Jasmer View Post
Grid2 AoE module does not work in SoO, at least not LFR version. Neither does raid debuff. Tried updating grid2 modules (not Grid2 itself) and it bugged out, kept erasing my profiles, etc. Was wondering if anybody could update RealUI to work properly in SoO?
I have the same problem. If i put the grid2 on debug it said that not found any raiddebuffitens. But the grid2 addon on the last compilation of Realui is r717 and today grid2 was on 720. So I dont think it's a problem with update on grid2.

I will try to check this but I'm with no much time left

01-19-14, 08:08 AM   #3312
candrid
Premium Member

Premium Member
Changing Bindings

I can't seem to change the shift 1-4 bindings to alt 1-4 no matter what I try to do, I can bind alt 1 but not 2-4 any ideas why this might be?

Thanks in advance.

01-19-14, 09:14 AM   #3313
Zynnlol
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by vaizard View Post
I have the same problem. If i put the grid2 on debug it said that not found any raiddebuffitens. But the grid2 addon on the last compilation of Realui is r717 and today grid2 was on 720. So I dont think it's a problem with update on grid2.

I will try to check this but I'm with no much time left

same here we need raiddebuff to workkkk

Last edited by Zynnlol : 01-19-14 at 09:21 AM.

01-19-14, 03:40 PM   #3314
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hey guys, I've recently reverted back to the default UI (trying to cut down my dependence on addons) so I can't actually test this myself.

But a POSSIBLE "fix" for Grid2 might just be to update the whole thing and change RealUI's settings so it doesn't manage Grid2's layout. If you can completely change and add profiles as normal I can't imagine why you can't just disable management of Grid2 and keep it updated yourself, albeit maybe having to recustomize some of the aesthetics yourself if you really want it to match. The auto layout centering and sizing might be gone though unless you manually swap different group-size profiles.

Worth a shot imo but like I said I'm trying to stop using addons almost entirely so obviously I can't tell you how well this works unless the very likely scenario where I can't live without RealUI comes up.

Does anybody know what exactly was changed in the bundled Grid2 main module so we can maybe just keep manually updating Grid2 and re-applying said changes?

Last edited by Jasmer : 01-19-14 at 03:43 PM.

01-19-14, 07:55 PM   #3315
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
I've done a bit of testing for the Grid2RaidDebuff issue. From what I can tell there is a bug with the RaidDebuffOptions module where it does not load properly. In addition to this, while RD does have debuffs for SoO none of them are enabled by default.

For the options to load properly i've found this to work:
  1. Press "Esc." and open Interface
  2. Select the "AddOns" tab
  3. Select Grid2
  4. Select any other addon (e.g. RealUI)
  5. Select Grid2 again, there may be a slight pause here.
  6. Press "Okay"
  7. Open RealUI Config
  8. Select "Raid Frames"
  9. Press "Advanced Settings"

Raid Debuffs should be listed under the Debuffs category in "Statuses". If you have AOE Heals enabled it will be it's own category in "Statuses".

Once you get the modules setup they should function properly as this seems to be a bug specifically with the options. This also means that if you ever want to modify these mods, you will need to do the above procedure to do so.

I realize this is fairly obnoxious, but it's the only way i've found to get it to work. I'll see if i can figure out what is happening here and post a fix.

Last edited by Gethe : 01-19-14 at 07:57 PM.

01-19-14, 11:03 PM   #3316
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

The only change I've made to Grid2 is removing the 'shadow' from text. This is done by adding the following line to Grid2\Modules\IndicatorText.lua -> Text_Create function.

Lua Code:
  1. Text:SetShadowOffset(0,0)

Since this is a very minor change, updating Grid2 won't cause any issues beside the shadow on text coming back.

01-20-14, 11:39 AM   #3317
candrid
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by candrid View Post
I can't seem to change the shift 1-4 bindings to alt 1-4 no matter what I try to do, I can bind alt 1 but not 2-4 any ideas why this might be?

Thanks in advance.
No ideas on this? I've even tried reinstalling WoW. I didn't have this problem before RealUI.

*edit*

This problem randomly vanished when I installed windows updates. I have no idea. Thanks! Have a good day.

Last edited by candrid : 01-20-14 at 12:07 PM.

01-21-14, 01:10 PM   #3318
Trendkill09
A Fallenroot Satyr

Can i add quest numbers to Watchframe? It'd be so nice :<

01-21-14, 02:42 PM   #3319
Out1aw
A Theradrim Guardian

How change font size on this? And how change font on combat text and size?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012214_003610.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	8005  

01-21-14, 06:05 PM   #3320
Triksterism
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

After using the UI for a few weeks I have noticed a few glitches/oddities.

> DBM has bar issues. Half of the bars will be thick and others will be thin and it just looks messy.

> The focus bar overlaps the pet bar when you have the large layout enabled.

> The large layout has some positioning issues. I am running at 1920x1080 and I prefer the large layout, however I have to tinker with various positions of UI elements (namely cast bar elements slightly overlapping auras) and such. Also seems to cause DBM to bug out (as noted above).

I really love the UI after using TukUI/ElvUI (and variants) since WOTLK, here's hoping for even more improvements

Last edited by Triksterism : 01-21-14 at 08:16 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI