11-09-14, 06:08 PM   #1
Saphirro
A Defias Bandit
Sword art online - name plates

Hi,

I really like this anime and till im w8ting for SAO UF i wanna ask if its possible to make even name plates like in game i mean even with curve at everything. Forced to some point of character so they wont be floating above character but they will be sticked and turning with character only. Maybe not on the side coz it would be pretty unconfortable but back of character or something. Something like this
11-09-14, 06:35 PM   #2
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Saphirro,

That's absolutly impossible. The game characters are part of the game world and can't be accessed by UI mods.
11-09-14, 07:24 PM   #3
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

I think nameplates that just look like this woud be possible but of cause you can't change them to be 3D.
The Plates coud be anchord to the side of the player and be a front view of the SAO Nameplates. Boss nameplates had Elite nameplates had 3 bars and Bosses had 3 bars to show they have much HP.

11-09-14, 10:28 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
The Plates coud be anchord to the side of the player and be a front view of the SAO Nameplates.
The problem with that is that you can't actually tell where the unit is, especially when you have multiple units close together. You'd only be able to say "show the health bar 50px to the right and 100px lower than normal" and hope that was about where the side of the unit was. I'm not sure how well that would work, especially since (I'm pretty sure) you can't also move the clickable area -- you'd still have a now-invisible clickable area where the nameplate was normally shown.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Sword art online - name plates