04-08-06, 04:25 AM   #61
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Gah, I don't. I'm about to hit the hay, so possibly tomorrow I can install the prior version and try to replicate the issues I had.

Thanks
04-08-06, 09:33 AM   #62
BlackPhoenyx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kemayo
In that case, let's do this the brute-force way.

FuBar_QuestsFu-0.2.1.1.c.zip - Nothing removed - lots of debug statements added. Make a note of what the last lines it prints out before it freezes are.

(Yeah, I'm asking you to deliberately make WoW commit suicide. I don't even pretend that this one will make it better. But it'll either let me know where the problem is or let me eliminate a lot of potential problem-areas. So.)
I have no problem with that, anything to help.

The last line:

FuQ: self: UpdateText() - Finished

The last 5 lines has UpdateData scanning quest 23 and 25 and then finishing. UpdateText starting and finishing.

This was also after I removed the FuQ saved variables file.
04-08-06, 12:40 PM   #63
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by BlackPhoenyx
I have no problem with that, anything to help.

The last line:

FuQ: self: UpdateText() - Finished

The last 5 lines has UpdateData scanning quest 23 and 25 and then finishing. UpdateText starting and finishing.

This was also after I removed the FuQ saved variables file.
This narrows it down. It means that OnUpdate() never finishes. Can you please try this one -- I've more thoroughly commented that function so I can tell where it stalls.

(Thank you for your help in tracking this down!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip FuBar_QuestsFu-0.2.1.1.d.zip (10.3 KB, 544 views)
04-08-06, 02:12 PM   #64
BlackPhoenyx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok. I put d in and ran and froze a few times. I also changed my UI a little so I could get a better view of what is going on.

It finally froze at the same place, a 'self:UpdateText()' - finished. However, I did notice that it did run through at least one full OnUpdate cycle. (and several very small ones? No numbers, and no data but start and finished.)

This was the end of the OnUpdate cycle.
self:OnUpdate(#) - passed self:Update()
self:OnUpdate(#) - passed self:StopOnUpdate()
self:OnUpdate(#) - finished

At this point it "froze" for a while. And then quickly ran through at least 2 UpdateData()/UpdateText() cycles. I let it sit there and it did not move anymore.
04-08-06, 02:48 PM   #65
Kudane
Co-Founder

I have not tried any of the updates yet (wife is still sleeping). But I did grab the current quest.lua and lua.bak for you. These are as of the last time it locked up. (i moved the entire save variables folder out when i was trouble shooting).

Hope this can help.

PS. I am updating her to FuBar today, she was still using Bosspanel (as that is when it locked up.). Just to explain the file name.
Attached Files
File Type: zip boss-panel-SavedVariables.zip (633 Bytes, 543 views)
04-08-06, 04:52 PM   #66
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
After taking a weeks break from wow I'm now back.

2 of my characters freeze with QuestsFu I've tried version 2.1.1d down to 1.6 and experience the same thing. It obviosly worked before 1.10 so I atribute it to some patch change or else some change in bosspanel.

freezes after UpdateText() finished
04-08-06, 05:01 PM   #67
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
no luck still crashes with bp - quests 1.6 and BP 0.95 which I know worked a week ago so I'm guessing the honor quest in desolace might be the culpit at least in one case.
04-08-06, 05:13 PM   #68
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by TheFly
no luck still crashes with bp - quests 1.6 and BP 0.95 which I know worked a week ago so I'm guessing the honor quest in desolace might be the culpit at least in one case.
One of my characters actually has those quests, and it's not freezing for him.
04-08-06, 05:14 PM   #69
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
I saw in the code that it should be managed
04-08-06, 05:44 PM   #70
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
I can't see how anything can differ between chars except for the quest log.

I dumped my questlog as seen from the api.

I havn't yet looked into it that much. But it should help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip questlog.zip (5.4 KB, 600 views)
04-08-06, 06:49 PM   #71
Kudane
Co-Founder

Finally tested the .a verison and it too locked up on me. deleted the LUA and LUA.BAK first, but it finished scanning showed 16/20 and then froze.

Edit: Wife is playing without it for now. Was not able to install debug version yet. she is not playing that character, so I should be able to test it later tonight or tomorrow if a fix is not found.

Last edited by Kudane : 04-08-06 at 07:31 PM.
04-08-06, 07:11 PM   #72
BlackPhoenyx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, I had a way that .d did /not/ lock up on me.

I disabled FuQ from the default profile, that way, i was able to log into the problem character and play with him for a while. As I was getting ready to leave, I reloaded the UI and then enabled FuQ from the FuBar menu. I started to get the same problem, but this time it did not freeze. Now, it did tons and tons of iterations between UpdateData and UpdateText.... but did not lock up.

I was able to mouseover, and got an error during tooltipUpdate.

QuestFu.lua: 577: attempt to indez global `q' (a nil value).

It looks like a error with the debug message, so it may or may not be related.
04-08-06, 08:13 PM   #73
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Okay - here's something experimental. Got rid of all that "Scanning..." stuff and update delays.

Note that there is the possibility that this build will have reintroduced an earlier bug, whereby occasionally the previous character's quest log will be read. (I believe/assume that this is because every now and then Ace enables addons just before PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip FuBar_QuestsFu-0.2.1.1.e.zip (9.9 KB, 538 views)
04-08-06, 08:16 PM   #74
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by BlackPhoenyx
Ok, I had a way that .d did /not/ lock up on me.

I disabled FuQ from the default profile, that way, i was able to log into the problem character and play with him for a while. As I was getting ready to leave, I reloaded the UI and then enabled FuQ from the FuBar menu. I started to get the same problem, but this time it did not freeze. Now, it did tons and tons of iterations between UpdateData and UpdateText.... but did not lock up.

I was able to mouseover, and got an error during tooltipUpdate.

QuestFu.lua: 577: attempt to indez global `q' (a nil value).

It looks like a error with the debug message, so it may or may not be related.
Yeah, that's because 'q' should actually have been 'quest'. My bad.

So. I need to work out what's making it call Update() over and over and over.
04-08-06, 09:06 PM   #75
BlackPhoenyx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kemayo
Okay - here's something experimental. Got rid of all that "Scanning..." stuff and update delays.

Note that there is the possibility that this build will have reintroduced an earlier bug, whereby occasionally the previous character's quest log will be read. (I believe/assume that this is because every now and then Ace enables addons just before PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD.)
Initial load, came up no problem. I was able to get it running for my problem character and now he is doing fine. I did get a few freezes with an alt, but this morning I've had no problems with any characters.

Plus, I think I have no clue about how profiles are supposed to work.

Last edited by BlackPhoenyx : 04-09-06 at 12:11 PM.
04-09-06, 12:32 PM   #76
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
the freezebug is in this segment for me.
I think it takes a while before the values returned are correct as when I use normal quest log it takes about a second before the right objectives comes up.

The freeze is after going through the full loop although it might not finish the last task.
Attached Files
File Type: txt freezecode.txt (757 Bytes, 519 views)
04-09-06, 02:23 PM   #77
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by TheFly
the freezebug is in this segment for me.
I think it takes a while before the values returned are correct as when I use normal quest log it takes about a second before the right objectives comes up.

The freeze is after going through the full loop although it might not finish the last task.
Does the freeze still happen there if you use the 0.2.1.1.e version above? (Or .d, which has all those debug statements but is also updated to use BabbleLib instead of FuBarUtils.)
04-09-06, 03:05 PM   #78
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
I will try, I believe it did. more info coming

It works.

unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited by TheFly : 04-09-06 at 03:37 PM.
04-10-06, 04:38 AM   #79
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
What are your thoughts on having a quest tracker built into QuestsFu.

The benefits as I see it is the ability to track text only quests and coloring for objective quests.
04-10-06, 07:46 AM   #80
Sariash
A Fallenroot Satyr
The detach tooltip feature is a great thing - the detached tooltip is as good as any other Quest Addon I think (MonkeyQuest, Quest-I-on etc), suggestion though... let it detach / reatach with a left click on the QuestFu icon. Opening of the quest log is possible with clicking on a quest in the tooltip anyways.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » BossPanel_Quests