04-10-06, 09:23 AM   #81
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm not saying it's perfect but I had a go at it.

my biggest obstacle was probably to allow the normal QuestFu dropdown at the same time as the tracker.

note if you prefer the full window on screen you should probably use detach tooltip that is already there.

No claims to be bug free but is certain to work under certain conditions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FuBar_QuestsFu.zip (10.5 KB, 555 views)
04-10-06, 01:40 PM   #82
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
A bit more stable together with the ordinary detach. becomes inconsistent if the tracker window is closed manually by reattaching it.

todo: reopen tracker window if closed while tracking
Attached Files
File Type: zip FuBar_QuestsFu.zip (10.5 KB, 556 views)
04-10-06, 04:05 PM   #83
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I'm still seeing a freeze with 0.2.3 (and all prior) on one of my characters, a 42 Human Warlock. I had this character on the shelf for a while, so I hadn't used QuestFu with her at all. I tried clearing my savedvariables, using an existing one, setting character profiles with Fubar, and still freeze every time after login.

I tried the debug versions (c, d, e) to see where it is freezing.

The last three lines I see before it freezes:
FuQ: self.UpdateData() - finished
FuQ: self.UpdateText()
FuQ: self.UpdateText() - finished
Here's a list of quests for the character:

Since the freezing is happening when using either existing savedvariables or none at all, I don't see the point of me posting a file.

---Update---
I found a possible fix? i think?
I deleted the only "Grey" quest
"[15] Powder to Ironband"
No more freezing.

I know there must be some type of level checking with the quests, and this could be the cause of the issue.

Last edited by Devla : 04-10-06 at 04:11 PM.
04-10-06, 10:50 PM   #84
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Devla
I found a possible fix? i think?
I deleted the only "Grey" quest
"[15] Powder to Ironband"
No more freezing.

I know there must be some type of level checking with the quests, and this could be the cause of the issue.
Drat - I ran a character out there to pick up that quest... but it doesn't crash for me. (I've also checked a few characters with other grey-difficulty quests, and it's not crashing on those.)

The level checking consists entirely of running the quest level as returned by 'GetQuestLogTitle' through 'GetDifficultyColor', which is a Blizzard-provided function to check difficulties relative to the player's level.

Here's a pre-release 0.2.4, which mainly consists of me having gone through and tightened up the code a lot. (Less unnecessary quest selecting, mostly.)

TheFly: I haven't had a chance to take a look at your patch yet, but I will try to soon. Keep up the good work! :-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip FuBar_QuestsFu-0.2.4.zip (10.4 KB, 555 views)
04-11-06, 01:39 AM   #85
Kudane
Co-Founder

The current release version of 2.3 locks my wife up before she even loads completely.

Tried 2.4 same thing. locking up before even landing.

Keep at it Kemayo! you will get it.

Last edited by Kudane : 04-11-06 at 01:45 AM.
04-11-06, 01:41 AM   #86
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Kudane
The current release version of 2.3 locks my wife up before she even loads completely.

will try 2.4. If no edit on here saying it worked, then assume that it had the same lockup.

Keep at it Kemayo! you will get it.
I just wish I could reproduce it myself. That would speed this process up a hundredfold.
04-11-06, 01:46 AM   #87
Kudane
Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Kemayo
I just wish I could reproduce it myself. That would speed this process up a hundredfold.
It's very hard to nail down, no consistant quest, class, race, etc.

I completely understand

BTW love the detachable feature. AND love the min/max buttons for zones to allow monkey quest style hiding and unhiding quest objectives.

now if we can only add an option panel for the font colors... (evil grin)

Last edited by Kudane : 04-11-06 at 01:50 AM.
04-11-06, 08:33 AM   #88
BlackPhoenyx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, maybe its something else.. Like a conflict with another plugin? Or level of memory set aside for addons? Or maybe even computer architecture?

I think it's just odd that there is no commonality. Maybe it is something we don't normally check.
04-11-06, 10:48 AM   #89
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by BlackPhoenyx
Well, maybe its something else.. Like a conflict with another plugin? Or level of memory set aside for addons? Or maybe even computer architecture?

I think it's just odd that there is no commonality. Maybe it is something we don't normally check.
Conflict with another plugin is unlikely, just because I've had people say that they worked out that it was QuestsFu freezing by disabling every other plugin (apart from FuBar). (And given which, I can only assume that it doesn't involve memory limits.)

What it looks like at the moment, based on the debug builds posted earlier, is that it manages to get stuck in a loop somehow, with the update() method being called repeatedly.

This makes me suspect that maybe something about what I'm doing triggers a QUEST_LOG_UPDATE event. Albeit in a situation which I've been unable to reproduce.
04-11-06, 10:55 AM   #90
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
It's very hard to nail down, no consistant quest, class, race, etc.

I completely understand

BTW love the detachable feature. AND love the min/max buttons for zones to allow monkey quest style hiding and unhiding quest objectives.

now if we can only add an option panel for the font colors... (evil grin)
I can take no credit for the detachableness. That's entirely Boss's work -- all I had to do was write "canDetachTooltip = true". :-)
04-11-06, 11:19 AM   #91
Corgi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Conflict with another plugin is unlikely, just because I've had people say that they worked out that it was QuestsFu freezing by disabling every other plugin (apart from FuBar). (And given which, I can only assume that it doesn't involve memory limits.)

What it looks like at the moment, based on the debug builds posted earlier, is that it manages to get stuck in a loop somehow, with the update() method being called repeatedly.

This makes me suspect that maybe something about what I'm doing triggers a QUEST_LOG_UPDATE event. Albeit in a situation which I've been unable to reproduce.

Are the people getting the freezing using Cosmos? I wrote Titan Panel [Quests] and people have been reporting freezing and C stack overflow errors. I narrowed it down to Libram mod, which is part of Cosmos, used by Cosmos' PartyQuests. Libram "allows you to register to specific events which affect the quest log." I haven't had the time to really look into what's going on (plus I have switched to FuBar).
04-11-06, 01:05 PM   #92
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
my guess was that deformat is freezing as it recieves invalid input.

my main reason for this conclusion is that my char stopped freezing when I commented away those lines in leaderboard. There also seems to be multiple reasons behind freezes as that char is no longer freezing in 2.1.3.

I should try my other char that was also freezing to see if it is gone for me.
04-11-06, 01:19 PM   #93
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
Neither of my two crashing chars is freezing anymore in 2.1.3 so I can't help there.

One question, has anyone tested the QuestsFu version I posted that has it's own quest tracker. It might be just med but I like having a smaller tracker window on screen than the full tooltip.
04-11-06, 02:53 PM   #94
judan
A Defias Bandit
QuestFu (freezing version) Current Log

Hi,

Here is my quest log:
The Fate of the Kingdom (Complete)
The Final Tablets (Dungeon)
Elven Lengends (Complete)
Defenders of Darrowshire
When Smokey Sings, I get Violent (Elite)
In Search of Anthion
Order Must Be Restored
Plagued Hatchlings (Dungeon)
Krastinov's Bag of Horrors (Dungeon)
The Restless Souls (Dungeon)
Winterfall Activity
A Matter of Time
Alas, Andorhal (Elite)
Araj's Scarab (Elite)
Chillwind Horns
Are We There, Yeti?

I can't possibly imagine how this would matter, but the quests, themselves, Defenders of Darrowshire and Fate of the Kingdom as of 1.10.

Thanks,
Judan
04-11-06, 09:54 PM   #95
Kudane
Co-Founder

I and my wife are not freezing. As of the 1.10.1 patch I can not login with FuQuest loaded. I was able too last night with no problems, logged in and out when install KombatFu. So it is only since this patch.
04-11-06, 10:10 PM   #96
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Game freezes with QuestFu enabled. Disable it and all is fine.

Also have MonkeyQuest installed, will try disabling that and seeing what happens.

/edit Hrm, disabling Monkey Buddy allows me to enable QuestFu and not freeze up. Obviously some sort of conflict there.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-11-06 at 10:12 PM.
04-11-06, 11:24 PM   #97
Kudane
Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Game freezes with QuestFu enabled. Disable it and all is fine.

Also have MonkeyQuest installed, will try disabling that and seeing what happens.

/edit Hrm, disabling Monkey Buddy allows me to enable QuestFu and not freeze up. Obviously some sort of conflict there.
had MonkeyQuest disabled, locked me up. Nothing I could do would unlock it.
04-11-06, 11:43 PM   #98
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
I was actually able to duplicate this.

I narrowed the crash down to being a result of iterating over GetQuestLogLeaderBoard() for every quest in some condition which I haven't figured out. The result of this condition was that GetQuestLogLeaderBoard (which returns "description, type, finished") returned the description without any name data populating it. So what would normally be "Find Mankrik's wife: 0/1" came out as ": 0/1". And after trying to load everything it would crash.

Then I upgraded to FuBar 0.9.99 and things stopped crashing.

I'd rather like to find that everyone else has this same experience...

TheFly: It wasn't BabbleLib crashing -- it happened for me even if I commented out the BabbleLib lines (and gave dummy values for the string.format lines which depended on those lines).

Last edited by Kemayo : 04-12-06 at 12:53 AM.
04-12-06, 03:20 AM   #99
Kudane
Co-Founder

I was actually able to duplicate this.

I narrowed the crash down to being a result of iterating over GetQuestLogLeaderBoard() for every quest in some condition which I haven't figured out. The result of this condition was that GetQuestLogLeaderBoard (which returns "description, type, finished") returned the description without any name data populating it. So what would normally be "Find Mankrik's wife: 0/1" came out as ": 0/1". And after trying to load everything it would crash.

Then I upgraded to FuBar 0.9.99 and things stopped crashing.

I'd rather like to find that everyone else has this same experience...
So far my machine also quit locking up with full updates. I am testing the wife's machine tomorrow.

currently now, only some of the older addons are kicking out text spam (need to be updated I am sure). But so far I am count this as a WIN in my book!

Will post again tomorrow when I can test the wife's toon.
04-12-06, 04:06 AM   #100
Sariash
A Fallenroot Satyr
currently now, only some of the older addons are kicking out text spam (need to be updated I am sure). But so far I am count this as a WIN in my book!
Sorry for the offtopic reply ;-)
I had some spam too (and broken tooltips on mail/loottype), so I updated some addons to work without errors for me, feel free to download

:: FuBar_Mail
:: FuBar_Loottype
:: FuBar_GuildFu
:: FuBar_FriendFu

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » BossPanel_Quests