05-09-11, 03:08 PM   #921
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
New Mini UI I have been using right now until I move into my new apartment.

Still fresh and new, major improvements could be made I'm sure. Probably one of my least 'creative' UIs but meh, gets the job done ;D

One thing I want to do is actually make the UF's height smaller in general (maybe half the size), use less text, maybe just have a line with CurHP >> CurMP and another line with PercHP.

I actually would like to make just a text based UI, to be perfectly honest. I might try something with oUF (once i finish moving and settled). Until then though, Stuf will work for me. Will update this later hopefully.

Nini (nightnight).
What tootip do you use?

05-09-11, 04:12 PM   #922
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
What tootip do you use?
TipTac

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

05-12-11, 12:07 AM   #923
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Something new I've been playing with. I kinda dig it. C&C/suggestions always welcome~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	6156  Click image for larger version

Name:	Combat.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	6157  

05-12-11, 12:57 AM   #924
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Something new I've been playing with. I kinda dig it. C&C/suggestions always welcome~
When I look at your UI I see chaos. It looks like you just put things in different places. I know it has symmetry, but to me it just doesn't look that way. The only thing that actually looks symmetric is your actionbars and experience bar imo.
The text of your pet and target name (I guess it's the warrior color) is barely readable. It seems way to dark, same for the HP numbers. Also the names have a shadow but the health/power texts haven't.

Your buffs are horrible, not aligned to the minimap, super small and the border is just wrong. (Same for aspects bar, you could just hide it).

You also seem to be using different textures (UF's and your DoT tracker). Your DoT tracker doesn't really fit in either. IT seems as if it's just put under the target UF with default settings.

The ToT in such a strange place could work tho, but then you would have to work on the rest too, now it looks as if the UF's etc. are just placed half randomly in a half symmetric way. The idea is good, but the execution needs some work imo.

05-12-11, 08:22 AM   #925
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by red8981 View Post
really nice and clear UI
I have a question, is your border a border or is it artwork? sound wierd, but.... you know....

Working in Progress, I remember I see something similar somewhere before.
Anyways, This is for my healer.
any suggestions on where should i put the action bar and vuhdo/raid frame at?
Attachment 6148
Attachment 6149
I don't know, man. Overlapping transparent bars seems like a big no no to me and here you've overlapped three for each unit.

05-12-11, 12:59 PM   #926
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
When I look at your UI I see chaos. It looks like you just put things in different places. I know it has symmetry, but to me it just doesn't look that way. The only thing that actually looks symmetric is your actionbars and experience bar imo.
The text of your pet and target name (I guess it's the warrior color) is barely readable. It seems way to dark, same for the HP numbers. Also the names have a shadow but the health/power texts haven't.

Your buffs are horrible, not aligned to the minimap, super small and the border is just wrong. (Same for aspects bar, you could just hide it).

You also seem to be using different textures (UF's and your DoT tracker). Your DoT tracker doesn't really fit in either. IT seems as if it's just put under the target UF with default settings.

The ToT in such a strange place could work tho, but then you would have to work on the rest too, now it looks as if the UF's etc. are just placed half randomly in a half symmetric way. The idea is good, but the execution needs some work imo.
You did click the pics twice, to get full resolution? Nah, good suggestions, lol. Am working as we speak, I had a few of the same thoughts, but wanted to post, before I logged off, last night~

05-12-11, 06:53 PM   #927
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Tiny update, the aura timers will have to be as is, the target buffs/debuffs, from Stuff, refuse to hold same color state as BFacade, and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to add same border to aura timers, as I have to UF's (KGPanels) but nothing to parent one to on timers >.< OH! Anyone have a clue as to how to change font string in TomTomlite? Only thing that does no match~ As always, C&C/suggestions are welcome~
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Huntard.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	6161  Click image for larger version

Name:	Drood.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	951.7 KB
ID:	6162  

05-12-11, 10:01 PM   #928
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Guild Wars 2 UI remake

Currently playing around with a Guild Wars 2 look alike UI. It's very early in development, though. Missing all the grunge, some functionality (like castbars, target/focus auras), group frames etc. Will add this once the basics are in place.

I'm trying to stay as close to the original Guild Wars interface as possible, even though this is tricky with some UI elements that WoW needs and GW doesn't even have.

I'm implementing unitframes through oUF and everything else through small modules for chat, minimap, player auras, nameplates, tooltip and probably some more when I need them. Meh, this will take some time.

Anyway, here you go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GW2UI_WIP1.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	6164  

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

05-14-11, 03:47 AM   #929
Saintvallen
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Currently playing around with a Guild Wars 2 look alike UI. It's very early in development, though. Missing all the grunge, some functionality (like castbars, target/focus auras), group frames etc. Will add this once the basics are in place.

I'm trying to stay as close to the original Guild Wars interface as possible, even though this is tricky with some UI elements that WoW needs and GW doesn't even have.

I'm implementing unitframes through oUF and everything else through small modules for chat, minimap, player auras, nameplates, tooltip and probably some more when I need them. Meh, this will take some time.

Anyway, here you go.
Reminds me of http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/gu...rs-2-wannabe-p

05-15-11, 04:14 PM   #930
Evenprimes
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Oi, is suddenly everyone's UI perfect? I want more UI's to criticize!
Fine! Here's mine.

The frames are PitBull, but I'm looking at switching to oUF_Karma (which I use on all my alts).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_20110512_230100.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	543.5 KB
ID:	6170  

05-15-11, 10:56 PM   #931
red8981
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
my UI:
I keep having problem with my bars, I dont know where to put them, any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_051511_215502.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	6171  

05-17-11, 12:20 PM   #932
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

oUF_Simple2 on it's way. Now using oUF_MovableFrames

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

05-17-11, 04:37 PM   #933
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It's been a while, but here is my latest creation! First pic is an in-combat pic of what I have been running with, and the second is just me trying out a transparent backdrop, as opposed to an opaque one. I usually tend to stay from Health Bar transparency while tanking, but I think I have a good balance of opacity goin' here

As usual, I apologize for the low screenshot quality... once I get enough money, I am gonna build a monster computer

EDIT: Added a third pic showing the transparent version in-combat (ish). The test-mode threatmeters have a different backdrop, but oh well. You get the idea
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 10.49.44 AM.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	6173  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 6.31.12 PM.jpg
Views:	2606
Size:	422.7 KB
ID:	6174  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 6.41.40 PM.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	6175  

Last edited by Zagrei : 05-17-11 at 05:19 PM.

05-17-11, 08:12 PM   #934
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Currently playing around with a Guild Wars 2 look alike UI.

Awesome, quite stoked too see the end result!

I've hardly had time to do anything ui related.. just been playing around too find new font/texture.. kinda lack inspiration for anything atm :P

here's what it looks like atm, works but im not completely happy with it, so if anyone has any refreshing ideas.. shoot :>
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_051811_040548.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	684.3 KB
ID:	6176  

05-17-11, 11:20 PM   #935
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Zagrei View Post
It's been a while, but here is my latest creation! First pic is an in-combat pic of what I have been running with, and the second is just me trying out a transparent backdrop, as opposed to an opaque one. I usually tend to stay from Health Bar transparency while tanking, but I think I have a good balance of opacity goin' here

As usual, I apologize for the low screenshot quality... once I get enough money, I am gonna build a monster computer

EDIT: Added a third pic showing the transparent version in-combat (ish). The test-mode threatmeters have a different backdrop, but oh well. You get the idea
looks really nice.
any chance you could link the lua to the headline nameplates?

05-17-11, 11:42 PM   #936
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
looks really nice.
any chance you could link the lua to the headline nameplates?
Not using Headline, I'm using dNameplates. Check it out, it's quite simple

05-18-11, 12:11 PM   #937
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Now with tags.

Still need to decide on threat and debuff coloring.

Current thoughts:
- Color the hp bar red if the unit is tanking
- Outer glow in debuff type color

Don't want to add any further icons. Any suggestions?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

05-18-11, 12:33 PM   #938
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

You do realize the unit frames aren't centered, right?

05-18-11, 01:59 PM   #939
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ok so I made the debuff color an overlay. Works better.

@haylie
The layout works with oUF_MovableFrames. Each frame can be scaled/moved ingame to your liking. I don't care that much on positions right now.

05-21-11, 06:57 PM   #940
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Trying out some new nameplates for PvP

- class/reaction colored names
- big health percent value (colored yellow > orange > red at low health)
- works with PlateBuffs

Forgot to show raid icon position, it's to the right of the health percent value.

Might add Class Icons, but not sure about it, because I really like them as puristic as they are right now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PvPPlates_r1.png
Views:	767
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	6181  Click image for larger version

Name:	PvPPlates_2_r1.png
Views:	768
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	6182  

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread