01-07-12, 10:59 PM   #1
Shad47
A Murloc Raider
Combat Text Addon

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an addon which would act like Milkscrollingcombatext but I would like to see damage done on the target...
01-07-12, 11:21 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
MSBT does have a section for your target. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be seeing it... Have you checked your configuration for the scroll areas?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-07-12, 11:43 PM   #3
Shad47
A Murloc Raider
Sorry I meant T want to see the damage I do "above the target" and not above me cuz i can see the damage I do but i want it to be above the target just like the normal UI but with MSBT settings.

PS : I'm french by the way so please forgive me if my english is wrong.

Last edited by Shad47 : 01-07-12 at 11:51 PM.
01-07-12, 11:56 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons cannot place text according to the position of units in the 3D world. The reason you cannot configure the Blizzard "damage over the target" text is because it is rendered as part of the 3D world, not as part of the UI. That functionality is not available to addons.

You might be able to attach an addon's combat text to your target's nameplate, but that would require nameplates to be visible. MSBT might already have this option, but I don't know for certain as it's been years since I used MSBT.
01-09-12, 03:26 AM   #5
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
You might be able to attach an addon's combat text to your target's nameplate, but that would require nameplates to be visible. MSBT might already have this option, but I don't know for certain as it's been years since I used MSBT.
I just checked, and unfortunately I don't think it does. That's an awesome idea I'd like to play around with.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Combat Text Addon