01-14-11, 01:02 AM   #1
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for addon tips.

Hello everyone, recently I been wanting to try and make my own addons for my own personal use. I don't have a lot of coding experience, but with conviction and stubbornness, I'd like to take a crack at it

Right now, I am trying to make a simple bag add on, nothing fancy, just trying to make it all one big bag instead of separate bags.

I was wondering if there were any current 'guides' that might be able to take me in the right steps of learning on how to make addons.

I will be looking things up as well, but I wanted to post first incase someone might have a delicious link or tip for me

BaudBags Looks nice, and I am currently looking into it, but I don't want a in game Config and just lua based.

Thank you for reading,

Lily.

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 01-14-11 at 01:07 AM.
01-14-11, 10:21 AM   #2
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Start with the Getting started with writing addons Tutorial and the Wowpedia Interface portal

You didn't mention what Text Editor / IDE you use .. try Notepad++ / Notepad2 / IntelliJ IDEA, etc, but NOT AddOn Studio

References:
Optionally, get on IRC: irc://chat.freenode.net #wowuidev, #wowace
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
BaudBags Looks nice, and I am currently looking into it, but I don't want a in game Config and just lua based.
I would try to find a more simple bag addon and edit it, or otherwise try to get out the "core" part of BaudBags

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Looking for addon tips.