10-23-11, 01:20 AM   #1
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Site Chat? [Suggestion]

I know that we have an IRC channel, but is it possible to maybe put a chat type function on the front page or Community page for people to just talk in ;D ?

Like chatango or w/e it's called or something similar? <3

Just a suggestion~

Also, is there a way to make it so Private Messages say... Pop up saying a new PM is available instead of waiting for refresh of the page? I'd like that but that's a personal thing <3

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 10-23-11 at 02:15 AM.
10-23-11, 04:20 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Also, is there a way to make it so Private Messages say... Pop up saying a new PM is available instead of waiting for refresh of the page? I'd like that but that's a personal thing <3
You can find these settings under your User Control Panel. In the left hand list of options, choose Edit Options. Under the heading Messaging & Notification are the checkboxes you'll want to play with. I'm not 100% sure they will create a pop up without a refresh though.
10-24-11, 08:27 AM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

They do require a refresh and I'm not sure if that can be changed. I'll check with Dolby, and try to get back to you guys. As for the chat box, I think it's a good idea and I'll ask him about that too.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-24-11, 09:51 AM   #4
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Nom nom nom, with love.

~L.P.

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
They do require a refresh and I'm not sure if that can be changed. I'll check with Dolby, and try to get back to you guys. As for the chat box, I think it's a good idea and I'll ask him about that too.

10-24-11, 08:01 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Lily.Petal the pm system right now requires a refresh for notification. I'll add an ajax script to this so notifications will be shown with out refreshing.

I don't want to split the community more than it is with another chat room. I could put in a java irc app though.
10-25-11, 02:54 PM   #6
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

That sounds awesome, I'm usually on WoWI on my laptop next to my desktop and I forget to refresh when I'm talking to people through the PM system if I am playing a game :P and thought that this feature would make quite a bit of people happy.

A Java IRC sounds awesome, I'm not very good with normal IRC channels, dun know why D:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Lily.Petal the pm system right now requires a refresh for notification. I'll add an ajax script to this so notifications will be shown with out refreshing.

I don't want to split the community more than it is with another chat room. I could put in a java irc app though.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Site Chat? [Suggestion]