03-25-08, 04:16 PM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LightHeaded 2.4 Update: Please read me

About the 2.4 Update for LightHeaded
The World of Warcraft 2.4 patch brings lots of API changes in particular to the combat log, but they also snuck in a nice change. You can now shift-click a quest in the quest log to send a link to another player. A side-effect of this is that the internal numeric quest ids that are used to identify each quest have been exposed.

This means I am now able to correlate quest data between wowhead.com and the game client, to display more accurate quest information. In addition, this instantly localized the addon so it works with any game client. The comments will still appear in English (as will the names in the Quest Series) section of the information, but I no longer need to distribute a large database for other locales.

When installing this version of the addon, please remove any prior versions of LightHeaded (and it's data addons) that you might have laying around. They are not needed in this version, and deleting them ensures you get the latest version of the addon.

There may be bugs as we work through these changes, so thank you in advance for reporting them to me so I can fix them as soon as possible.

Happy 2.4!

- Cladhaire
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-25-08, 06:23 PM   #2
abravenewworld
A Kobold Labourer
2.4 lightheaded and nquestlog

Hi,

in 2.3 lightheaded seemed to automatically attach to the ace2 addon nquestlog

now in 2.4 it only seems attached to the default L log

I would appreciate if it would attach to nquestlog as it once did in 2.3

thanks
03-25-08, 06:51 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
This wasn't something that LightHeaded did, it was something that nQuestLog did. Perhaps some of Clad's changes have made it so nQL needs to be updated for it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-26-08, 08:15 PM   #4
cassieb
A Kobold Labourer
Problem with LightHeaded update

lightheaded doesnt seem to be pulling quest info...just displays latin in the window, which I assume is text filler. Did I miss something?
03-27-08, 01:38 AM   #5
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You're likely getting an error. Ensure Lua errors are enabled, and report the error.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-28-08, 04:02 PM   #6
Cillian
A Murloc Raider
Disregard... posted before reading the Lightheaded mod comments

Last edited by Cillian : 03-28-08 at 04:06 PM.
03-28-08, 04:10 PM   #7
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

It's just place-holder text because you don't have a Quest selected.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » LightHeaded 2.4 Update: Please read me