04-29-08, 04:34 PM   #1
Odingo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Record BG's for later playback.

Hi all,

I've only recently started playing BG's and was wondering if there was someway to record the games, though not along the lines of video capture. I mean, is it possible to record team-mate positions and later reload a dumby version of the BG and rerun their movements and actions, whilst being able to pause, rewind, fast-forward, change camera position etc? Basically an overview/spectator type thing. Also, would it at all be possible to track enemy positions (I assume they would need to be 'seen' by team-mates first)?
Looking back on what I have written, I realise that it would probably be an addon that would need to be running on all team-mate's pc's for it to work. Still, for a group that wanted to review their tactics it seems like a good thing.

Thanks in advance.
04-29-08, 05:16 PM   #2
Akryn
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
technically possible for world-pvp. almost certainly impossible for battlegrounds because the api intentionally hides player positioning from the ui in instances.

edit: it also couldn't display actual game re-rendering or anything like that, the best you could do would probably be top-down symbolic representations, and again it wouldn't work in bgs...and it would be really hard to do at all :P
04-29-08, 05:46 PM   #3
Odingo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well, thanks for letting me know. I had a suspicion I was hoping for too much. I suppose I can setup my dual-monitor system and keep the map open the whole time and record that somehow. Ah well.

Thanks again.
04-30-08, 02:44 PM   #4
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guild Wars offers this option for PVP, you can watch matches in game with full game rendering and even switch from one pont of view to another, including each player. The time is offset however so you can not watch a match till it has ended if I recall correctly. This would be nice to have available in WoW for BGs and Arenas though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Record BG's for later playback.