08-10-08, 11:50 AM   #1
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WOTLK Flying mounts 50k gold?!?! wtf

Is this true? I keep seeing people ingame talking about how the new flying mounts in the expansion will be upwards of 50k gold? Can anyone confirm this?

08-10-08, 01:04 PM   #2
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
There aren't any new flying mounts, no one knows what they will cost if they add them. They would be far from 50k gold though.
08-10-08, 01:29 PM   #3
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Icecoldcoke View Post
There aren't any new flying mounts, no one knows what they will cost if they add them. They would be far from 50k gold though.
I hope they don't cost that much. I'm a huge collector of mounts and pets that would be one hard item to farm for thats for sure! lol
08-10-08, 02:02 PM   #4
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Let's be realistic here. That wouldn't happen unless quests gave 100 gold!!
08-10-08, 02:44 PM   #5
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Currently on the beta there is a small series of quest to activate Flying Mounts for your character in Northrend. The quest takes place once you hit level 77 and doesnt take more than 20 minutes to complete. The reward is a spell called Cold Weather Flying

Click the link for more info and/or confirmation of this information
08-11-08, 02:14 AM   #6
dafire
Premium Member
There are people with that much gold... why shouldn't blizzard offer something they can do with it ?

I know it's unfair I never can affort a lamborgini.. but there are people who can.
08-11-08, 05:23 AM   #7
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Maybe the new multi-passenger mounts or the new drake flying mounts has a price, no idea about that tho..
09-01-08, 08:20 PM   #8
failquail
A Defias Bandit
Theres gotta be a way for people to spend all this gold they have built up, but 50k is a bit steep!
09-03-08, 03:40 AM   #9
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me how fast a STUPID rumor gets around.

WotLK Allows you to use your current Epic Flyers at lvl 77. So far the added mount types have little information about them, however i believe the motorbikes are engineer crafted.
09-03-08, 04:02 AM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Voorije View Post

WotLK Allows you to use your current Epic Flyers at lvl 77. So far the added mount types have little information about them, however i believe the motorbikes are engineer crafted.
I saw screenies of some of the mounts.. and those bikes look HAWT! On some of my newer toons I've chosen Engineering just so I have a shot at getting one lol.

Edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=13299.0

Just read that supposedly it's not restricted to Engineering.

Last edited by Petrah : 09-03-08 at 04:07 AM.
09-03-08, 10:05 PM   #11
Farook
A Molten Giant

That's funny. I hate it... ^^

For me personally it absolutely does not fit into World of Warcraft. And honestly,
it's almost a reason for me not to buy the extension. May sound funny, but it's like that.
09-03-08, 10:11 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
They have rockets car things (the stuff at the speedway inspired by Star Wars that I can't remember the name of for the life of me now), tanks, helicoptors, robots, etc - why not motorcycles? I think the look of them fits with other engineering things and objects found in the world. Now, if they looked like Harleys or speedy street bikes, I would agree with you. But they don't.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-04-08, 03:49 PM   #13
Anelades
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

To the topic: I don't think it's 50k for a mount. But I've heard something like 20k. Not too sure if that's accurate though.

To this poster:
Originally Posted by dafire View Post
There are people with that much gold... why shouldn't blizzard offer something they can do with it ?

I know it's unfair I never can affort a lamborgini.. but there are people who can.
I don't see how it's unfair that you can't afford a Lamborghini (I'm assuming you're referring to real life). You can change that anytime you wish, it just means you have to work really really hard to achieve that goal. Same thing kind of goes for wow only it's a LOT easier to make gold on wow. It's easy to make gold on wow as long as you have a fair amount of time to put into it. But that's getting off topic.
09-05-08, 03:26 AM   #14
Steil
A Cliff Giant

Speaking of engineering they never replaced that long lost shredder from AV. /sniff
09-05-08, 04:07 AM   #15
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Voorije View Post

As far as I understood, he meant new mounts, as the title says, rather than the training (riding skill). /shrug
09-05-08, 09:02 AM   #16
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
They have rockets car things (the stuff at the speedway inspired by Star Wars that I can't remember the name of for the life of me now)
Podracers

I hope it's not going to cost 50k for Cold Weather Flying... I don't mind seeing some huge pricetagged items but not something that will become "essential". It's hard enough to save 5k for a casual gamer like me. We'll see.

09-05-08, 09:51 AM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
Podracers

I hope it's not going to cost 50k for Cold Weather Flying... I don't mind seeing some huge pricetagged items but not something that will become "essential". It's hard enough to save 5k for a casual gamer like me. We'll see.
No, it's a quest
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-05-08, 10:31 AM   #18
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
I just can't see 50,000 gold for something like that. Isn't there a 25,000 gold limit per acccount anyway?
09-05-08, 11:32 AM   #19
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Xylan Trueheart View Post
I just can't see 50,000 gold for something like that. Isn't there a 25,000 gold limit per acccount anyway?

if i remember correctly the cap is like 100k or somewhere near that
09-05-08, 12:38 PM   #20
Selina
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
if i remember correctly the cap is like 100k or somewhere near that
Actually the "gold" cap is 214,748 gold, 36 silver, 48 copper or 2^32 copper pieces. That's a per character limit though as far as I know and not a account wide limit, so in theory someone could accrue even more gold than that.

As far as gold sinks go I hope that Blizzard comes up with a few good ones. Gold is easy to come by and I think it would be in the best interest of the game, if more gold sinks existed, that would reduce the amount of gold floating around, BUT I also hope that if they come up with such gold sinks that it will be convenience items, prestige stuff, titles and so on and not essentials like a mount or training costs.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WOTLK Flying mounts 50k gold?!?! wtf