08-30-12, 11:08 AM   #261
dozz
A Murloc Raider

when i'm trying to "Get complited from server" i catch this Error:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13337: attempt to call global 'QueryQuestsCompleted' (a nil value)
Time: 08/30/12 23:06:46
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13337: in function `Fun'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10582: in function <Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10564>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'QueryQuestsCompleted' (a nil value)"

08-30-12, 11:16 AM   #262
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by dozz View Post
when i'm trying to "Get complited from server" i catch this Error:
Thats very strange... I removed / fixed that part in .001 changing over to the new client side quest completed way blizzard wants it done. Not sure how it reversed between versions, but i'll fix it again (thankfully I know exactly what to do after doing it once already )

08-30-12, 11:27 AM   #263
Bhootam
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Bhootam View Post
Would someone be willing to verify that teammate icons on battleground maps and teammate health + combat status is working for them with the fanmade patch?
Come on guys... anyone?? Please???

08-30-12, 11:41 AM   #264
dozz
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Thats very strange... I removed / fixed that part in .001 changing over to the new client side quest completed way blizzard wants it done. Not sure how it reversed between versions, but i'll fix it again (thankfully I know exactly what to do after doing it once already )
thanks a lot!

08-30-12, 01:01 PM   #265
Smexxymage
A Defias Bandit
i want my carbonite

i would really like to know if carbonite is going to come out with a patch for 5.0.4 or for MoP. if not i need to start looking for something to change the stupid blizz UI map. i know about the fan work and ill go there if i have to but i want carbonite. its easy to use, and it has everything i wanted. Please dont let it die. im afraid that if i cant get carbonite i may just quit playing. carbonite made it worth playing and without it im just not interested. dont like the blizz quest crap, dont care for quest helper. hate the map in the default UI and no other addon supplies everything carbonite does.

08-30-12, 01:24 PM   #266
schwim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Smexxymage View Post
i would really like to know if carbonite is going to come out with a patch for 5.0.4 or for MoP. if not i need to start looking for something to change the stupid blizz UI map. i know about the fan work and ill go there if i have to but i want carbonite. its easy to use, and it has everything i wanted. Please dont let it die. im afraid that if i cant get carbonite i may just quit playing. carbonite made it worth playing and without it im just not interested. dont like the blizz quest crap, dont care for quest helper. hate the map in the default UI and no other addon supplies everything carbonite does.
My magic powers tell me that you didn't bother reading any of this thread.

08-30-12, 01:35 PM   #267
Ghadabb
A Murloc Raider
Thank you...

First of all i would like to thank Th for his amazing work.... to me and many others from what i see in this thread, this addon has become a solid and almost inseparable part of the gameplay. I was truly happy when i saw someone take over and do something for the community of this game.

A question... am i the only one for whom battleground maps aren't working or is the issue that is general?

what happens is that once i enter any battleground the map goes blank with some strange clutter of graphics on it.

G.

08-30-12, 01:44 PM   #268
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Ghadabb View Post
First of all i would like to thank Th for his amazing work.... to me and many others from what i see in this thread, this addon has become a solid and almost inseparable part of the gameplay. I was truly happy when i saw someone take over and do something for the community of this game.

A question... am i the only one for whom battleground maps aren't working or is the issue that is general?

what happens is that once i enter any battleground the map goes blank with some strange clutter of graphics on it.

G.
I believe someone said it's the scale of the map, right click the map and select "follow me" that will let it find your location so you can zoom back in on yourself / the map. I haven't had much chance to test BG's yet unfortunately, I made my decision to update the addon for MoP to late since i had been hoping they would do it, and only had about a week to learn how they did everything and try getting it all fixed.

Long weekend coming up, so I should be able to bunker down and get a good patch going instead of the small daily updates i've been doing since 5.0 went live.

08-30-12, 01:44 PM   #269
Juderix
A Murloc Raider
Rythal - Thanks again for all your work on Carbonite.
Still having a problem with quest tracking in Caronite. Specifically:

Accepted a quest - nothing shows in quest tracker.
Minimize/restore quest tracker and quest shows in list.
collect x of y items quest updates with number collected and hear "Quest Completed" message
However the last item collected did not register in quest tracker, but quest was completed successfully.

Possibly related to the above is after I turn quest in it is removed from the quest tracker, but when I
leave the area the "?" remains on the map even though I've left the area. ite seems to hang in a set location
even though the map is scrolling as it should.

Is anyone else having similar problems or is just a "Brain Fart" on my part.

08-30-12, 01:56 PM   #270
aw4ken
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Ghadabb View Post

what happens is that once i enter any battleground the map goes blank with some strange clutter of graphics on it...
as I posted before - for me BG maps works great, same as before 5.0.4. I can see who is in combat and HPs etc. it is possible, that I quit playing WoW too without this addon. I use it since TBC and cannot imagine play without it. I bow down before your skillz Rythal

08-30-12, 01:59 PM   #271
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Juderix View Post
Rythal - Thanks again for all your work on Carbonite.
Still having a problem with quest tracking in Caronite. Specifically:

Accepted a quest - nothing shows in quest tracker.
Minimize/restore quest tracker and quest shows in list.
collect x of y items quest updates with number collected and hear "Quest Completed" message
However the last item collected did not register in quest tracker, but quest was completed successfully.

Possibly related to the above is after I turn quest in it is removed from the quest tracker, but when I
leave the area the "?" remains on the map even though I've left the area. ite seems to hang in a set location
even though the map is scrolling as it should.

Is anyone else having similar problems or is just a "Brain Fart" on my part.
If your doing any quests outside the 1-10 starter zone range, go into carbonites options, look under Quests, and make sure "Use Carbonites Quest POI" is checked.

There entire system is written and based around only working with it's own quest database, and allow very basic functionality to one's it didn't know... I'm trying to allow full functionality to all quests no matter if it's known or not but some small bugs like that keep croping up... hopefully i'll figure it out soon

08-30-12, 03:40 PM   #272
Naharis
A Defias Bandit
There's a mention of a language independent MapID on wowpedia:
GetInstanceInfo - Now returns a MapID as its 8th result, allowing addons to identify the current instance/continent without relying on localized names.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_5.0.4/API_changes

Maybe that helps circumventing the localization problem for good.

08-30-12, 09:33 PM   #273
Beachcomber1
A Murloc Raider
It's sort of obvious that Carbonite has grown too large and outgrown its developers. Fixing it now seems to require an act of congress.

One thing I would like to suggest is that the pvp minimap, which is quite frankly amazing, be split off into its own addon. I literally turn off every single other function in Carbonite and only use this feature for rated battlegrounds. I have grown to depend on it (much like I did for the Battlefield Commander 2 addon for WoW that was broken many moons ago) and to my knowledge there aren't any other addons providing the ability to see people who are in combat on a custom small version of the battleground map.

With Carbonite now broken with pre-MoP patch and the unofficial fixes not really fixing the map, I am not hopeful.

08-30-12, 09:43 PM   #274
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Beachcomber1 View Post
With Carbonite now broken with pre-MoP patch and the unofficial fixes not really fixing the map, I am not hopeful.
Actually the map is one thing that is working right, I just ran a couple BG's myself as a test and other's have also confirmed it :| it's the quest tracking that is broken in most cases

08-30-12, 09:54 PM   #275
Aesthetix
A Kobold Labourer

Thank you so much!

Hello, I just wanted to thank you guys so much for doing the updates for Carbonite. I've been using this addon forever, and it has brought so much to my game play experience- it's amazing to have you all working on it!

I read a lot of the thread yet I haven't found someone with a similar issue, or maybe I missed it-- I'm having problems with the minimap, it's not showing the locations of my quests or anything quest related for that matter & I've gone through the options menu a few times to make sure everything is selected under "Quests" and ---

and suddenly I restarted WoW and everything works!

...Hahaha this is truly amazing guys! Thank you so much again, I can't even express how grateful I am to those of you who are updating this Let me know if I can contribute directly to you or I'll donate to the Carbonite dev's with Rythal's note!

08-30-12, 11:12 PM   #276
Beachcomber1
A Murloc Raider
Actually the map is one thing that is working right, I just ran a couple BG's myself as a test and other's have also confirmed it :| it's the quest tracking that is broken in most cases
I must have a different version somehow then. My map does not work at all, it just shows a grey texture. I downloaded the fix and just pasted it into the folder of the version I was running.

08-30-12, 11:17 PM   #277
jovenyoung
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I don't use the map but people have said you need to click it to follow you and then zoom in or out...

08-31-12, 12:45 AM   #278
Bhootam
A Murloc Raider

Rythal, my map does not show any party members at all, in BGs or out of BGs. I performed the following steps to try and fix this:

1. Uninstall Carbonite
2. Remove all Carbonite settings from all characters
3. Reinstall Carbonite.
4. Replaced the Carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc files with the ones in your patch.
5. Restarted wow.

It still doesn't work. Any idea what I can do ?

attached screenshot.

08-31-12, 12:53 AM   #279
Bhootam
A Murloc Raider
OKAY I FOUND OUT IT DOESN'T SHOW PARTY MEMBERS....

But it does show RAID members.

Any idea how I can make it show party members?

edit: okay the functionality works well in battlegrounds. Now I only need to find out how to make it work in party mode.

Last edited by Bhootam : 08-31-12 at 02:15 AM. Reason: changes

08-31-12, 01:41 AM   #280
dthecomposer
A Kobold Labourer
First off, Rythal, you the man. The fact that you took it upon yourself to do this is awesome

As for Dev's. When I was working on audio for Midway a few years ago, one of the guys I worked with was friends with the Dev's and got me a copy when it was in beta. I put a call in to him tonight to see if he still talks to them and see what's up. In specific to mention that there is a really well done fan update in progress and if they are tied up, they might think of contacting you and giving you permission to make this official, maybe even get you on the team. I'll post back when I hear back from him.

I've been using CB since it's beta, as I mentioned. No other mod does it quite like CB does it.

As for licensing. It's always a slippery slope, especially with games due to the 3rd party dev's. Addon Dev's are typically considered 3rd Party. As such, they can claim rights to the code they create. Take such addons as Zygor Guides, which is very good by the way and works with CB, they charge for their software. There are ways to do it. Pay a licensing fee, etc. The agreement in CB is a standard 1 pager. It still applies though. Blizzard "can" forefit the license, but in doing so, they would have to kill the entire mod. Unless CB threatened the game code or created a way for "naughty" code to access the game, they don't care. Look at the Curse Client issues from a few years ago. People got their WoW acct's hacked due to the Curse Client. Blizz didn't even touch it.

Bottom line, you've done an excellent job and I'm very happy to see someone supporting what is, next to Titan Panel, my fav addon in WoW.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?