12-12-10, 02:24 PM   #1
Jaillyn
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite & Discovered Quests

I noticed there are quests you can discover simply by entering an area. When you first go to Orgrimmar, you get a quest at 80 to report to some NPC to discover how to go to Vashj'ir.

And there's other such quests elsewhere. I've noticed Carbonite hasn't letting these pop up on the quest tracker, as that's where they pop up with the blizzard default quest tracker.

There any plan to include this?

12-12-10, 02:51 PM   #2
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Jaillyn View Post
I noticed there are quests you can discover simply by entering an area. When you first go to Orgrimmar, you get a quest at 80 to report to some NPC to discover how to go to Vashj'ir.

And there's other such quests elsewhere. I've noticed Carbonite hasn't letting these pop up on the quest tracker, as that's where they pop up with the blizzard default quest tracker.

There any plan to include this?
Last i was away, they are not planning to add this to the game in the way you are asking, BUT they are planning on adding all the quests back into the map

Carbonaite does not support (that i am aware) only showing quests that need a set level or per reg quest done.

Hope that helps

12-12-10, 05:46 PM   #3
Jaillyn
A Murloc Raider
Maybe I'm not explaining well enough... some dungeons or areas you enter, your quest tracker pops up a quest to accept, without having to talk to an NPC to grab it.

It doesn't pop up on the screen like someone sharing a quest.

12-14-10, 07:01 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When I leveled my mage to 85, those type of quests just appeared in the Quest Watch List automatically. It appears the game just accepted them for me. I don't recall if the new quest window always, sometimes or ever appeared, but I got the quests.

12-14-10, 07:36 AM   #5
pices
A Murloc Raider
those pesky auto-quests...

I have looked through the forums, and this was the closet thread i could get...The discovery quests are one aspect, but what about the one that don't have a clear end. Meaning if you are not running carbonite, a little box pops up saying quest complete, click....and it either does the quest completion page or some quest giver appears. If carbonite is running, it says below the quest in red click ? to complete......but nothing i have done will make it complete the quest. Any help would be nice, as for now I am disabling carbonite for those pesky quests, not many but a bit of an annoyance because I do feel naked without my carbonite :P thanks again for the good work
Pices

12-14-10, 07:42 AM   #6
Kupferdrache
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is prety easy, imho, you have only to click on the "?" in front of the quests name, to popup the Questfinishing - box.

12-14-10, 08:50 AM   #7
pices
A Murloc Raider
kk, now when you say the '?'...is that in the on-screen carbonite quest list or is that in the quest log?

12-14-10, 09:33 AM   #8
Jaillyn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
When I leveled my mage to 85, those type of quests just appeared in the Quest Watch List automatically. It appears the game just accepted them for me. I don't recall if the new quest window always, sometimes or ever appeared, but I got the quests.
The best example was when I logged into my 80's in Orgrimmar, I was given a quest to see a Farseer dude. This quest didn't load up in Carbonite at all, but it showed once I disabled it, in my quest tracker.

12-14-10, 10:28 AM   #9
pices
A Murloc Raider
thats it, that is what i am talking about as well, seems to be the quests without actual npc's quest givers.....the accepting of the quest and the completion of the is just not running right through carbonite...The completion says it is done, but nothing really happens if you click on the quest tracker or the questlog.

12-14-10, 10:42 AM   #10
Rhaeven
A Murloc Raider
In Carbonite's quest log, the ? for self-completion quests doesn't always appear, but it's still there. To the right of the quest name, there is the tiny black square. Usually if you hover over it it shows you the quest short-description. Clicking on that will bring up the complete quest dialogue. Hope this helps as plenty of people seem to be having trouble with it.

12-14-10, 11:09 AM   #11
pices
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for assistance, I will give it a shot next i have that quest type.

12-14-10, 03:34 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jaillyn View Post
The best example was when I logged into my 80's in Orgrimmar, I was given a quest to see a Farseer dude. This quest didn't load up in Carbonite at all, but it showed once I disabled it, in my quest tracker.
The quest is there, it is just not being watched. Press L and you will see it in the Quest Window. Left click the gray button next to the name and it will be watched.

The "A Personal Summons" quest is given every time you enter Org if you don't have it, so I'm using my Pally to test why Carbonite does not auto watch the quest when received.

12-16-10, 03:57 PM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

These will be in the next version:

Fixed self complete quests not showing ? button if it was tracked.
Fixed auto accept quests not being watched.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite & Discovered Quests