10-14-09, 05:35 AM   #1
lilfear1
A Murloc Raider
hidden icons

I have some hidden Icons after I installed carbonite (which I love) the top right of my screen is hidden under my action bars. Please help. Here is a link to it (I hope I have never tried to send a photo like this let me know if the link works)

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...409_072355.jpg
10-14-09, 06:06 AM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You play on a really small screen.
You could try to scale your complete UI.
The option for this is in your graphics setting.

Or you can use an action bar replacement like Bartender
where you can scale and/or move only certain elements of your ui.
10-14-09, 08:02 AM   #3
lilfear1
A Murloc Raider
I play on a 19" screen its square and not widescreen but it is still a 19" monitor. So I dont think its my monitor
10-14-09, 11:51 AM   #4
lilfear1
A Murloc Raider
ok I installed bartender and it made it worse its in the middle of my screen as shown here

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...409_134636.jpg
10-14-09, 12:09 PM   #5
Chibi
A Cyclonian

Bartender allows you to actually move all those action bars around. Also, like Rilgamon suggested, try going into your video settings menu, and enabling UI scaling, set it to something lower than it currently is.
10-14-09, 12:24 PM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Chibi is quite correct. Just about any action bar mod you install will require extensive repositioning and scaling, simply because the addon doesn't "know" how you want your bars set up. And most if not all barmods have rescaling options built in to their gui to simplify things as much as possible. With that being said, you will probably need to go into WoW's own scaling options as well. Check the "Use UI scale" box and set the slider to whatever suits your preference. This will make your screen a lot less cluttered and make you feel like you've got a whole lot more room to actually play the game on your screen.

One more thing, if you decide to stick with the default action bars, the ui scaling options will reduce the size of the bars, therefore getting them more out of the way than they currently are.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-14-09, 02:12 PM   #7
zero-kill
A Firelord

You can move the "icons" from Carbonite's minimap button holder by hovering over the "C" button there, just move them. Another idea for you is to utilize the UI scale slider and move it down a bit
10-14-09, 02:21 PM   #8
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

It's your system resolution settings, not the size of your monitor. If you have a low resolution setting on a 42" it would still show as your screenshot. I'd look at the previous suggestions of the UI scale and also what do you have the game resolution set at (I believe the same spot as the UI scale setting).
10-14-09, 08:11 PM   #9
lilfear1
A Murloc Raider
Thanks everyone I will try all that and if I still have issues I will let you know thanks again
10-14-09, 08:19 PM   #10
lilfear1
A Murloc Raider
OMG just had to change the scale in game now this is awsome thanks for the help everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » hidden icons