07-27-16, 04:43 PM   #1
selen
A Kobold Labourer
Red face Change bar texture on Personal Resource Display

Hi! I'm looking for a very simple addon (no UI overhauls) that just lets me change the bar textures on the new Personal Resource Display.

I was pointed in the direction of Plater but unfortunately that only lets you change the texture of the health bar and not the Energy/Mana/etc. bar in addition to changing more stuff than I'd like.

The addon I'm looking for should be as simple as changing a couple of variables, and I don't need any UI for it since I can set the specific texture manually in the .lua. I tried doing this myself but since I have no knowledge of WoW modding I didn't get much further than creating a .lua file I did dig around and find a couple of relevant variables (functions?) by trial & error editing inside the Plater .lua.

Lua Code:
  1. ClassNameplateManaBarFrame:SetStatusBarTexture (texture)
Sets the Mana/Energy/etc. texture and
Lua Code:
  1. ClassNameplateManaBarFrame.ManaCostPredictionBar:SetTexture (texture)
Sets the texture of the "how much mana your current cast will cost you" bar. This only changes the texture when you cast a spell, not when you use an instant attack. For a real life example, if I use my Monk and cast Effuse then the bar looks fine.. but if I cast Tiger Palm then I get the old texture in the "afterglow" energy spent effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
02-03-19, 11:36 AM   #2
Eatshtndie
A Murloc Raider
Been looking for the same. It should be pretty simple to customise Blizzard's Personal Resource Display Bar since we can identify the frames and textures by typing /fstack in the game.

Let me know if you hear anything please :-)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Change bar texture on Personal Resource Display