01-05-11, 08:44 AM   #1
firadesunna
A Defias Bandit
Gatherer-DB Cataclysm update

Any chance of an update for cataclysm nodes? would really help me in farming the matts for flasks (having trouble finding many nodes in Twilight Highlands atm)
Thanks in advance for any information
01-05-11, 02:16 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I know Gatherer is working fine with Cataclysm. I know several guildies that use it with no problems.

As to a DB Update, that I suspect is dependant on people donating their data gathered over time. Unfortunately you can't force people to hand over data so a DB update with cata nodes may take some time.

I personally don't use Gathering tools at all so cannot help beyond that advice. And also to suggest asking other people in your guild ( if you are in one ) if they could share their data as my guildies do.
01-05-11, 05:04 PM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I attached my saved var's for gatherer. You can backup your saved var file then drop mine in and see if it has more "herb nodes" then yours as for merging the info you would have to manually edit the file and i'm not even sure it would work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gatherer_Saved_vars.zip (481.6 KB, 3477 views)
01-12-11, 10:09 AM   #4
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
There is this addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...DBWoWHead.html But it doesn't work for anything except BC and WotLK right now. and no idea if the author has any plans to pick it back up.

Maybe some one in the know can respond or do a fan update or some such.
01-12-11, 01:57 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Considering it was just updated on December 19th and says that it works with Cataclysm, I'd say that it works and doesn't need a fan update.

However, the database is dependent on the data it is able to gather. There is no magic button to press to get all of the nodes. As Xrystal also mentioned, you can get your guildies or someone to share their data with you.

Originally Posted by download page
Help improve the database
If you want to contribute your data back to Wowhead to continue expanding the database, please download and install the Wowhead client (available for both PC and Mac) and just follow the instructions on their site.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-12-11, 02:11 PM   #6
toptek
A Murloc Raider

Premium Member
Use GatherMate2

Or use GatherMate2 besure to get GatherMate_Sharing and GatherMate2_Data

it does what Gatherer does only better and gets updated more .
01-18-11, 11:42 AM   #7
firadesunna
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Considering it was just updated on December 19th and says that it works with Cataclysm, I'd say that it works and doesn't need a fan update.

However, the database is dependent on the data it is able to gather. There is no magic button to press to get all of the nodes. As Xrystal also mentioned, you can get your guildies or someone to share their data with you.
hehe I have the wowhead client already ^_^

with the latest version of that database it has pretty much zero cataclysm nodes so far, was just wondering if there was any information on if it was going to be updated soon

Will check out your file Nobgul ty

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Gatherer-DB Cataclysm update