12-12-07, 06:30 PM   #41
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Rigorous
i believe the issues are two sides of the same coin.

there seems to me to be an onus being placed on both WoWI and the authors to be responsible for nearly every aspect of every users' interface add-on "experience" once they begin to use add-ons and i think that's an unreasonable expectation.
Or perhaps, simply, to have their addons work? In the Fubar example in this thread, when combined with LocationFu, all kinds of weird things happen (as discovered and pointed out by Erica). I don't need an author to be responsible for anything other than their best attempt at a bug-free addon. Period.

at the end of the day, imo, it's up to the user take responsibility for themself, use the resources that are obviously available and learn. the authors and the websites shouldn't be held to the lowest common denominator as a baseline.
Precisely. I agree. A tag line such as the one being discussed here does not lower anyone or anything to the lowest common denominator. Fact is, I fail to see where any idea of a hierarchy addresses anything here. Why is it the "lowest"? Being uninformed and unable (or unwilling) to search through all that is Fubar (for example) is certainly not being a lower class being. It shouldn't come to this, nor should it be viewed in this manner. I'll give you an example of how this type of tag would benefit a veteran user who knows how to sift through the halls of WAU, etc. to find updates (once again, if updates always fixed things, I probably wouldn't have ever started this thread - but anyway)...

Let's say I've got nothing to do, realms are down for maintenance and I have free time from work. What does a WOW player frequently do? 1) Browse their guild forums, 2) Browse the official forums, 3) Check sites such as this for new releases, and overall interesting stuff (these forums for instance). Let's say that during the course of skimming over wow sites, I stumble upon an addon Ive never heard of before. It offers a function or feature I'd be interested in trying or at least experimenting with (I'm very stubborn when it comes to getting dependent on more addons). Anyway, on other sites, I am told up front the mod is not current and "may or may not work" with the current game version. On this site, that information isn't present. It can be argued that absent of this disclaimer, the mod looks "current", or at least as something that will run if outdated addons are checked. I download the mod, install the mod, all looks fine. I launch my game, log in to wow, and BAM..something's broken. The mod "might have" been one to break my entire interface, etc. This is a problem. To me, the addon looked current, or at least functional. Angry, I delete the addon, and check to see if my existing interface is still "fine". Understanding I dont need my hands held, I sit there wishing there was a bit more notice that something was OLD and really broken (with current game).

I apologize for the length of this, but you understand my point. I'd like to point out one other minor issue with the tone used in some of this thread...because one is a veteran at something, and is armed with knowledge and information about something, it does not place them in higher esteem than one without. Case in point - I own a small IT business, we do all kinds of work, mostly with small businesses, and people who have home offices. In any event, we frequently perform simple tasks (security consulting, network maintenance, etc.) for an interesting range of clients. We have lots of legal/medical clients we are responsible for keeping up and running (from hardware, to whatever). When I hear my technicians talking about people being "below them" or "stupid" because they barely know how to log in to their email, I quickly remind these types of technicians that the people they are talking about know how to save lives, do brain surgery, protect people's futures, etc. The point being, because someone hasn't a clue how to install a driver, it does not make them "the lowest common denominator". Does anyone here know how to perform brain surgery? You get my point.

I still don't see a downside to a simple tag line. It can save users grief, whether rookies or veterans. I would benefit from it and I've been at this game since the beginning. Being a "noob" does not mean being lower. Let's continue this discussion in proper light. None of us are above/below anyone else. Actually, I'd like to commend the contributors here for not picking up the "you're a noob" syndrome that infects so many of the kids that plays this game.

Anyway, I also thought I should point out this thread started because I'm disgusted at the "overall condition" of Titan/Fubar, not really that this site fails to meet any expectations or requirements (in fact I've pointed out the opposite). It was not my intention to rework or change the process this site provides. Since it was brought up though, I'm simply agreeing the tag line might be helpful. That's all.
12-12-07, 07:13 PM   #42
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have to point out that there is a tagline when viewing a mod, that states whether the addon works with the current (2.3 in this case) patch. Perhaps it could be made a bit more obvious, or perhaps colored? You make some really good points, and it's nice to view things from a fresh perspective.

"Newb" or "Newbie" - someone new, and relatively clueless. Be gentle. We were all there once!

"nub" - someone who should know better or have learned better, but hasn't or won't. Also known as griefers, idiots, lamers, campers, etc, etc.

12-13-07, 01:37 PM   #43
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by Republic
I don't need an author to be responsible for anything other than their best attempt at a bug-free addon. Period.
and as has been stated here by myself and others, FuBar (again, i pay no attention to Titan) is indeed bug-free for many, if not all of us. i've seen the gyrations its been through, most recently with the uproar the switch to Rock caused and those issue were all quietly (at least i rarely heard a peep out of ckk from the forums i frequent) resolved relatively quickly. therefore, i, at least, believe your accusations are unfounded. besides, ckk could just walk away from it (who could blame him?) and to whom could/would you complain then?

also, as has also been previously pointed out, the issue that you seem to be experiencing is likely related to Jostle, one of the libraries upon which FuBar is dependent. the problem isn't FuBar itself, yet you continue to point the finger at FuBar and ckk. this is indicative of my statements regarding the inexact science of interface manipulation and the number of variables involved.

I fail to see where any idea of a hierarchy addresses anything here. Why is it the "lowest"? Being uninformed and unable (or unwilling) to search
/sigh
i use "lowest common denominator" to refer to the newbies...the people who are uninformed. i do not use it with the intention to signify that newbies are somehow "beneath" anyone. and there is, as Gemini pointed out, a difference between a "noob" and a "newb". "newb" is a temporary state. "noob" is a permanent one.

and your use of the term "unwilling" is indicative of a noob (not accusing you of this, simply stating that you used the term). and this is the crux of nearly everything i've said. being unwilling to find solutions for yourself is a far cry from being unable to find them. again, this is what forums and FAQs are for.

Anyway, on other sites, I am told up front the mod is not current and "may or may not work" with the current game version. On this site, that information isn't present. It can be argued that absent of this disclaimer, the mod looks "current"
not true. every mod updated for the current version of WoW is indeed indicated on this site (with a designation of WoW version number). as Cairenn said, the fact that some mod "may or may not work" applies essentially to everything posted on the site. there is no guarantee that even a "current" mod will not break your interface through some sort of conflict or any of a number of other reasons. again, there are just too many variables to offer some sort of "assurance" that a mod can reasonably expected to work. i mean, doesn't its mere presence on the site offer you some sort of "assurance" or "indication" that it will work? why does something beyond these things need to be done?

The mod "might have" been one to break my entire interface
if you are a "veteran" (your example) then you can be reasonably confident that mod broke your interface. if your not a veteran, welcome to the world of interface modification...start figuring it out!

Understanding I dont need my hands held, I sit there wishing there was a bit more notice that something was OLD and really broken (with current game).
this is as complicated (to anyone) as merely looking at the date of the file or if it is in the "Outdated" section of the site. again, if you're a veteran, you would have done that before you installed it. and i refer only to your (as the hypothetical user) status as a veteran because that is the light in which you used this sentence...that the "tag" would benefit veterans as well. i believe it will only serve to cause further confusion for the newbies.

I'd like to point out one other minor issue with the tone used in some of this thread...because one is a veteran at something, and is armed with knowledge and information about something, it does not place them in higher esteem than one without.
if you are referring to my tone, then i respectfully disagree and i have obviously misspoke or you have read too much into my words or have come with a bias expecting such a tone (as you noted near the end of your post). i was a newb once, indeed, as Gemini said, we all were. those of us who are no longer newbs, are no longer because we learned not to be. its not about esteem, its about a willingness to learn the answers for yourself.

being, because someone hasn't a clue how to install a driver, it does not make them "the lowest common denominator". Does anyone here know how to perform brain surgery? You get my point.
yes it does. it makes them the lowest common denominator in reference to the installation of drivers, not in the field of brain surgery. again, they are merely uninformed about this topic, which does not make them stupid.

Let's continue this discussion in proper light. None of us are above/below anyone else.
aside from taking exception with your apparent tone of "this is broken and someone needs to fix it because they aren't doing it!" in your original post, i'm merely enjoying an intelligent discussion/debate and i have intended no disrespect to anyone. i'm 40 and also run a small business and i've been around the block enough times to know better.

i'll say this again and drop it: if one isn't willing to learn about the myriad world of mods (or anything, for that matter) for oneself, then one should not be using them. and if one is indeed unwilling to learn, that does not automatically shift responsibility onto the content providers to protect one from oneself. this has nothing to do with hierarchies or esteem...it has to do with personal responsibility.
12-13-07, 02:06 PM   #44
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I don't know if this has already been posted or mentioned, I really can't read through all the walls of text with repeated stuff to find out if it has though, so here:

I use WAU all the time. Does this mean I update all the mods when it says there's an update? No, I don't. The only time I ever update an addon is if it's giving me errors. Since all of the addons listed in files.wowace.com are considered beta, it's really really ignorant to update each and every addon you have every time there's an update unless you're getting errors for them all.

Authors are all the time adding, removing, rewriting, etc stuff for the addons there and they aren't fully tested. Updating every mod everytime you run WAU is just asking for errors and problems.

"If it's not broken, don't fix it."
12-13-07, 06:00 PM   #45
Republic
Paladin

if one isn't willing to learn about the myriad world of mods (or anything, for that matter) for oneself, then one should not be using them. and if one is indeed unwilling to learn, that does not automatically shift responsibility onto the content providers to protect one from oneself. this has nothing to do with hierarchies or esteem...it has to do with personal responsibility.
To sum up, your logic is "in order to use our computer, you need to become a computer tech"? Are you a Linux user by chance? I have nothing logical to say to someone who thinks like this. Nothing logical is possible There are a number of reasons for providing added information as I've listed. So far, the only reason against it would be it lowers the bar for all mod humanity! Okay, not really but come on here. It's a simple addition that would help. Once again, I'm familiar with all the ways of finding updated mods. A lot of us are. Still though, a lot of us are not. You need to approach this type of service (this site) from the eyes of those who are not in order to fully realize it's potential value to the community. Otherwise, it's nothing more than a small clique of "experts" who have the time/energy/desire to become mod troubleshooters. There are lots of good people who don't have this time/energy/desire, but play the game with those of us who are. Let's use our collective brilliance to help them. Eh?

I think it's ridiculous to spend so much effort in arguing a rather simple point that more information is a good thing. Regarding the tag line mentioned, that's all it's about. Period. Are you honestly that concerned that an extra line of text lowers the bar for anyone involved? Why?

Regarding mod dependencies breaking, call me crazy, but if a mod author can't properly utilize the dependency, is it really the fault of the dependency (especially considering the fact they both worked very well together)? Go load up Fubar and LocationFu and see what I mean. While the issue may not be limited solely to Fubar, it is very much created when Fubar is used with LocationFu. I bet you can't guess the author of both mods. While others may continue updates, contributions to the mods, there's only one Paypal email address listed as the "official author" of the mod(s) listed here. To me, that's enough to hold him responsible enough to at least expect a functioning product. Again, I'm open to the fact I don't fully understand his (author's) process, but I would like these two mods to work together (again).
12-13-07, 06:08 PM   #46
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by septor
I don't know if this has already been posted or mentioned, I really can't read through all the walls of text with repeated stuff to find out if it has though, so here:

I use WAU all the time. Does this mean I update all the mods when it says there's an update? No, I don't. The only time I ever update an addon is if it's giving me errors. Since all of the addons listed in files.wowace.com are considered beta, it's really really ignorant to update each and every addon you have every time there's an update unless you're getting errors for them all.

Authors are all the time adding, removing, rewriting, etc stuff for the addons there and they aren't fully tested. Updating every mod everytime you run WAU is just asking for errors and problems.

"If it's not broken, don't fix it."
That's precisely why I began asking the last functioning revision numbers for the mods discussed here. I've long since abandoned the fact that progression shouldn't equal regression, but we are after all playing a Blizzard product. In any event, if you happen to know the last revision of LocationFu that worked properly with Fubar, kindly post if you will. I for one would appreciate it.

The only thing ignorant about using WAU to update mods is failing to recognize that sometimes authors go backwards. It is sometimes very difficult to determine when that is going to happen.
12-13-07, 06:55 PM   #47
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

That's precisely why I began asking the last functioning revision numbers for the mods discussed here. I've long since abandoned the fact that progression shouldn't equal regression, but we are after all playing a Blizzard product. In any event, if you happen to know the last revision of LocationFu that worked properly with Fubar, kindly post if you will. I for one would appreciate it.

The only thing ignorant about using WAU to update mods is failing to recognize that sometimes authors go backwards. It is sometimes very difficult to determine when that is going to happen.
Hi I just wanted to add something that may help you get Fubar working with LocationFu. The problem I found was that the version of the jostle library (3.0) used by the latest version of Fubar is actually newer than the version of the jostle library (2.0) used by locationFu. What this means then is that you'd actually want to find a version of fubar with the older version of the jostle library. I've done all I can by posting what needs to be changed (imho) on JIRA and I mentioned it on the wowace IRC. I don't know which version of fubar has the older version of the jostle library but I just have a feeling that it was "Pre-Rock". Like I mentioned previously in a post, you can just install a minimap mod like Rico Minimap for now as the jostle library compatibility issue between the two different versions only seems to break the blizzard default ui minimap.
12-13-07, 07:30 PM   #48
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To sum up, your logic is "in order to use our computer, you need to become a computer tech"?
No, that's not what he means, but for some reason you keep wanting to read into things to make it seem that people are elitists, etc. It means that if you purchase your first computer, you look at the manual. You find out how to turn it on. You learn how to install programs, how to hook up to the internet, how to browse the web, how to check your email, etc, etc, etc. You *don't* sit there on the phone with the techs or have your brother hold your hand telling you every step of the way what to do and how to do it.

No one expects you to become a computer tech. No one expects people to learn how to code mods. But they have to be willing to help themselves and learn about what they are doing, and not expect people to help them every step of the way and hold their hands. There is a difference, and please stop twisting words.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-13-07, 07:40 PM   #49
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Seerah
No, that's not what he means, but for some reason you keep wanting to read into things to make it seem that people are elitists, etc. It means that if you purchase your first computer, you look at the manual. You find out how to turn it on. You learn how to install programs, how to hook up to the internet, how to browse the web, how to check your email, etc, etc, etc. You *don't* sit there on the phone with the techs or have your brother hold your hand telling you every step of the way what to do and how to do it.

No one expects you to become a computer tech. No one expects people to learn how to code mods. But they have to be willing to help themselves and learn about what they are doing, and not expect people to help them every step of the way and hold their hands. There is a difference, and please stop twisting words.
QFT!

You just said what I've been struggling with while reading this thread. I couldn't put my finger on it exactly. Ah... clarity.
12-13-07, 07:42 PM   #50
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
This thread is still open?
I'm getting full on /popcorn.

Stop feeding the troll?

/drama off
12-13-07, 08:20 PM   #51
Republic
Paladin

No, that's not what he means, but for some reason you keep wanting to read into things to make it seem that people are elitists, etc.
I don't really have to read anything into this. Then phrase "lowest common denominator" was already offered up for us here. The intention/feeling behind this statement seems rather clear to me.

There is a difference, and please stop twisting words.
I was asking a question. I was not twisting words. Punctuation in this case is important. I asked whether or not that was his logic. At this point, I'm still expecting clarity from the person making the statement. I am grateful you know what he meant and will speak for him, but I still think it contributes to the discussion to have him speak for himself.

People helping themselves is great. To facilitate that process, good tools are really helpful. The more informational these tools become, the easier it is for people to do so.

@Erica - thank you for that solution

@Sajomatic - that's a mirror you are looking into, not these forums I won't take the bait. I still think this is a constructive discussion.
12-13-07, 08:39 PM   #52
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by erica647
Hi I just wanted to add something that may help you get Fubar working with LocationFu. The problem I found was that the version of the jostle library (3.0) used by the latest version of Fubar is actually newer than the version of the jostle library (2.0) used by locationFu. What this means then is that you'd actually want to find a version of fubar with the older version of the jostle library. I've done all I can by posting what needs to be changed (imho) on JIRA and I mentioned it on the wowace IRC. I don't know which version of fubar has the older version of the jostle library but I just have a feeling that it was "Pre-Rock". Like I mentioned previously in a post, you can just install a minimap mod like Rico Minimap for now as the jostle library compatibility issue between the two different versions only seems to break the blizzard default ui minimap.
Nice theory, but has little to do with things. The two different Jostle versions aren't problematic or incompatible.

There wwas an issue way (way) back in October--that was fixed--with Jostle being accessed inappropriately. But its fixed now. The LibJostle-3.0 library (included with the Wowace FuBar version) was last updated 3 weeks ago. You still running into Jostle issues? Update.

The current r55569 (Nov. 20) of FuBar_LocationFu (using the earlier JostleLib) works just fine for nearly everyone with the current r56917 (Dec. 12) of FuBar (using the updated LibJostle-3.0). Obtain those--which include the latest versions of the libraries--from http://files.wowace.com .

BTW, FuBar isn't "dead", it was in fact converted to the Rock library system in time for the WoW 2.3 patch. Something the parent poster conveniently overlooks. Advice to the parent poster who seems to be either a clueless troll or just can't seem to accept constructive advice: uninstall all your mods. Then, no more problems .

Last edited by Zidomo : 12-13-07 at 08:50 PM.
12-13-07, 10:19 PM   #53
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't really have to read anything into this. Then phrase "lowest common denominator" was already offered up for us here. The intention/feeling behind this statement seems rather clear to me.

I was asking a question. I was not twisting words. Punctuation in this case is important. I asked whether or not that was his logic. At this point, I'm still expecting clarity from the person making the statement. I am grateful you know what he meant and will speak for him, but I still think it contributes to the discussion to have him speak for himself.

People helping themselves is great. To facilitate that process, good tools are really helpful. The more informational these tools become, the easier it is for people to do so.

@Erica - thank you for that solution

@Sajomatic - that's a mirror you are looking into, not these forums I won't take the bait. I still think this is a constructive discussion.
Rushing to finish a post before your next student = bad.

And you are reading into what Rigorous wrote. Lowest Common Denominator has more than one meaning. And in this context, it is referring to knowledge about a subject, not quality of people. You can reach this conclusion by looking at how the word "learn" is bolded. How it mentions resources, websites, and authors, and users learning about a subject.
at the end of the day, imo, it's up to the user take responsibility for themself, use the resources that are obviously available and learn. the authors and the websites shouldn't be held to the lowest common denominator as a baseline.
The authors, veteran users, and websites can only do so much hand-holding. Authors, etc. can't go to people's houses, download and install addons for them, configure them, show them how everything works and what button to press, be at their beck and call 24-7 when they want to know something "NOW" as the current generation likes so much to be able to do...

I am a teacher. You do not teach to the highest students in the class, you do not teach to the lowest students in the class. You teach to the middle. If the better students need more to keep their interest, you give them more assignments, more responsibility, etc. If the poorer students need more help, you spend a little more time with them or have the more advanced students help them. But you do not plan your lessons around the students who still struggle with reading or with math, etc.

Obviously, though, the lower students would still like to learn more, learn faster, pass the class, etc. They may just need a little more help. But, darnit, they're trying. They know where the resources are and they know how to ask a question.

But WoW is not school. And websites and authors do not have to cater - should not have to cater - to those who want everything handed to them on a silver platter. There is a difference between those that want to learn and those that don't. You can only give someone so much.

I give you now one of my favorite quotes as a teacher, and one I have mentioned many times in various forums and in the game itself.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.
Back to the original subject, I have said I don't know how many times that some versions of mods are out of date on this and other sites, and are better off being downloaded from the wowace svn itself. But there already is the "Compatible with the 2.3 World of Warcraft Patch" note. The download page already tells you when the mod was last updated. If it was 9 months ago, you're just hoping that it works. The game already tells you when mods are Out of Date or Incompatible. And if you need help with something, you can look for the answer, if you don't find it, you can ask people to spend a bit of their free time helping you.

But what you did was use strong, derogatory language, like "Panel Mod Disgust" and these other tidbits:
Granted, we all have lives outside of the game but damn it guys - do something about such sluggish development.
If one person no longer cares about a certain "responsibility" to the community that comes in developing such popular addons, god sakes - get a group of people to help you put things out in a timely manner.
There is no excuse
The latest version, in my opinion, should also be available on this site, Curse, and perhaps even the Virus Haven known as Incgamers.
<still mildly disgusted>
Keep it current. God sakes.
when updates either 1) further convolute a matter, or 2) fail to address a matter
I am surprised and sometimes disgusted
The way I see it, if I were a developer and my mod achieved such a level of success, I would feel a greater responsbility to the community to keep my "stuff" together and keep it updated within my own personal time limitations/constraints.
Your posts got better the longer you vented. You said that you only wanted to discuss something constructively, but you started off all wrong, and then wondered why people took the stance that they did.

Because you've calmed down, started using more neutral language, and have stopped with the self-entitlement rhetoric, this thread has calmed down, and a better discussion has arisen.

I would also like to direct you (and everyone, newbs and veterans alike) to this webpage. While directed more towards hacking circles, it speaks volumes and hopes to educate well.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-13-07, 11:55 PM   #54
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

@Republic: As Zidomo pointed out, all of those revisions are working fine. I have used LocationFu for most of the time I have used FuBar (which was when it was last called Boss Panel). I've never experienced the problem you are facing.

@Seerah: Hilarious read and so true. Thanks for that.

12-14-07, 12:38 AM   #55
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Zidomo
Nice theory, but has little to do with things. The two different Jostle versions aren't problematic or incompatible.

There wwas an issue way (way) back in October--that was fixed--with Jostle being accessed inappropriately. But its fixed now. The LibJostle-3.0 library (included with the Wowace FuBar version) was last updated 3 weeks ago. You still running into Jostle issues? Update.

The current r55569 (Nov. 20) of FuBar_LocationFu (using the earlier JostleLib) works just fine for nearly everyone with the current r56917 (Dec. 12) of FuBar (using the updated LibJostle-3.0). Obtain those--which include the latest versions of the libraries--from http://files.wowace.com .

BTW, FuBar isn't "dead", it was in fact converted to the Rock library system in time for the WoW 2.3 patch. Something the parent poster conveniently overlooks. Advice to the parent poster who seems to be either a clueless troll or just can't seem to accept constructive advice: uninstall all your mods. Then, no more problems .
Hey Zidomo... just wanted to say that I'm by no means a programmer but what I did find is that when trying to run Fubar's LocationFu plugin when using the default minimap, the minimap is forced up past the top of the screen. I removed the older Libjostle from the libs folder in LocationFu's directory and the other references to it and the minimap again moves to the correct position. I update my mods daily using the WAU and I feel confident that what I'm saying is indeed true. I'd feel much better if you'd try this yourself with the default minimap and than tell me that my statements aren't true. If you do this and have no problems, I'll go back to troubleshooting and assume that it's just something on my end. Thanks!

Edit: I tried this again and it seems to work fine... guess I got a little defensive if I came across in a bad way. Thanks again Zidomo and to the OP... let me know if you still have issues with fubar and I'll see if I can help.

Last edited by erica647 : 12-14-07 at 12:57 AM.
12-14-07, 01:27 AM   #56
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

To sum up, your logic is "in order to use our computer, you need to become a computer tech"? Are you a Linux user by chance?
no i'm not. and your summation is beyond pathetic.

I have nothing logical to say
agreed.

i've tried to be lucid and patient and maintain a tone of intelligent discussion. i'm done.

is there an ignore function on these forums?

Last edited by Rigorous : 12-14-07 at 02:54 PM. Reason: i've got the flu and i'm tired
12-14-07, 03:41 AM   #57
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Zidomo

Clean installation (removed all cache, addon, wtf files) of the game...

Using WAU, I downloaded and installed the following...

Fubar r56917 | gnarfoz | 2007-12-12 22:58:47 -0500 (Wed, 12 Dec 2007) | 1 line

LocationFu r55569 | arrowmaster | 2007-11-20 19:16:13 -0500 (Tue, 20 Nov 2007) | 1 line

Logging in to the game, I am faced with the default Blizzard minimap tucked underneath the TOP bar in Fubar.

Not sure what to say here, other than it's not working for me.

Last edited by Republic : 12-14-07 at 04:24 AM.
12-14-07, 03:47 AM   #58
Republic
Paladin

you're a troll and an asshat. is there an ignore function on these forums?
Should I appeal to the "lowest common denominator" and hold your hand for you as I point you to the answer for your question, or do I simply wait for you to use the tools provided to find the answer for yourself?

The irony of this situation is tremendous. I am sorry you took this route. I still consider this discussion to be worthwhile.
12-14-07, 03:49 AM   #59
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Gemini_II
@Republic: As Zidomo pointed out, all of those revisions are working fine.
The default Blizzard minimap still tries to run and hide behind the upper bar in Fubar, doing a fresh installation of everything involved here. For specific revision numbers, please see my post a couple spots above.

Thanks

Last edited by Republic : 12-14-07 at 04:25 AM.
12-14-07, 04:48 AM   #60
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Ok no one else has said this so I will...
"The default Blizzard minimap still tries to run and hide behind the upper bar in Fubar..."
Get RicoMinimap, Simpleminimap, Bongos Map thingy, Sqeenix, or the host of other minimap mods and move the minimap down 8 pixels or however far so you can see the minimap clearly.

Not trying to be a snot here or anything but this whole thread seems to be because you got erked over a mod you use not being fixed and/or not being able to find the updates in the place you wanted the updates to be.
So perhaps there's an issue with jostle, perhaps there isn't. Perhaps it's just some weird bug that no one can track down? Perhaps it's user error, perhaps not.
Since there doesn't seem to be any fix for it that works for you. Get a minimap mod to move the freaking minimap where you want it and be done with it. I know, that's not the point... you shouldn't have to install a mod to bypass a bug in another mod. Well, that's kind of how it goes sometimes.

There's always little things going wrong with one mod or another. I run truckloads of mods, truckloads and I get little conflicts from time to time. Currently though when I log in to WoW my bugsack has 0/0 errors.
To me that's a testament to the authors themselves. Oh and yes, 98% of my mods are Ace and one of them is fubar.

/2cents off

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Panel Mod Disgust