06-08-11, 10:26 AM   #1
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bored ~~ Horde needs me.

I'm literally bored! To the point I don't even play anymore.

My RL friend and I have been sitting and talking about this the last few days and we've come to the conclusion that five years on Alliance has just bored us. We need a new atmosphere, new group of people, a different outlook.

I told him I refuse re-leveling my toons as they're all raid geared. So, it looks like I'll be moving some of them over to the horde side of Kargath for a new adventure, otherwise I don't think I'll play as much as I do.

Anyone else experience this as a long-time veteran of a certain faction?
06-08-11, 10:47 AM   #2
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I had been horde from day one for 5+ years and no, it wasn't the faction that bored me, it was the game itself. I just realized that whether horde or alliance, tank or dps, hardcore or casual, I'd still be doing the same damn thing over and over with better models and different mechanics.

Having said that, now that I've tried other games for a while and changed my RL around a bit I'm kind of itching to pick up WoW again, even though I said I wouldn't. I also know many a guildies that quit and eventually came back to the game with renewed interest for it.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, maybe you just need a break from WoW altogether. That and Horde > Alliance.
06-08-11, 11:00 AM   #3
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Only alliance chars leveled to max the last 6 years ... My fifth priest is a horde char, too dinged 81 a few mins ago
06-08-11, 11:01 AM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Fact is it's the game that bores you, not the faction. A faction change might give you some fresh wind for maybe a week or two, but that's about it. Still the same game.

Aside of that, WoW is the most casual to hardcore friendly game I know of. You can literally do what you want and still have fun. That's what keeps people coming back/playing the game and what other games "fail" at when they try to compete with WoW.

I'd say stop playing WoW for a while and/or change the content you are playing (like PvP instead of Pve, ...). Play other games, see how that feels and decide afterwards.

That and Horde > Alliance
I can't second this. Depends entirely on the server you are on and what people you happen to meet. Which means that this is up to personal preference and/or luck.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-08-11, 11:14 AM   #5
Ither
A Firelord

Don't get me wrong -- I love the game and it is fun.

I think for me it's the cities and models I stare at constantly.

Plus, my friends have twisted my arm for so long about being Ally.

I can't help it, the female Blood Elf taunts me-- LOL.

I took a break for about 6 months in the middle of Wrath and found myself coming back.

I go to BlizzCon every year, I'm in the process of hopefully working for them, so it's safe to say that I'm not planning to permanently leave. Might just need to break or like I said a different model to look at LOL.

My week consists of pretty much this; Tuesday hit up BH on all toons (if we have it), then raid, and then Thursday raid, and thats it. Maybe outside of those days I pick up a raid or two on my other alts.

The only thing that saddens me is the insane amount of time I've spent on alliance specific achievements that will be gone. Hell, that's the price you pay when you leave.

Either way -- I'm signing off tonight and getting on BF:Bad Company 2 to blow up some insurgents LOL.
06-08-11, 11:39 AM   #6
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah, you most likely need a break even if it's for a couple days. Any hobby can become a job if you basically force yourself to participate in it. I've been on a semi-hiatus beginning in the last week and everything looks new and shiny whenever I log in to say hi -- even just milling around Org.

Also, those Alliance-specific achievements have Horde counterparts so it's not like that effort was for nought.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
06-08-11, 11:45 AM   #7
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Decabah View Post
Yeah, you most likely need a break even if it's for a couple days. Any hobby can become a job if you basically force yourself to participate in it. I've been on a semi-hiatus beginning in the last week and everything looks new and shiny whenever I log in to say hi -- even just milling around Org.

Also, those Alliance-specific achievements have Horde counterparts so it's not like that effort was for nought.
Yeah, I think the biggest thing is the Argent Tournament piece.

Apparently all the work done for rep doesn't count. Even though my major cities would be 100% I would still have to collect all the pre-tokens to get the final achievement.
06-08-11, 03:28 PM   #8
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I can't second this. Depends entirely on the server you are on and what people you happen to meet. Which means that this is up to personal preference and/or luck.
Oh dawn, you are so easy to troll <3
06-08-11, 04:43 PM   #9
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Yeah, I tend to take serious what people say, my bad.

On my "defence": Over here, it's a common (baseless) buzz to say that Horde > Alliance, so ...

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-08-11, 06:58 PM   #10
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Hehe I love my little blood elf :> she's just so... hm Hawt? :P But anyways on a serious note. I don't know how I'd ever play this game (as a healer) without arcane torrent. I used to heal on alliance a long time ago, but I'm addicted to mana! (Omg, totally blood elvish!)

Arcane torrent is just game breaking lol.

Though I am wishing my rogue was human again /sigh; mainly for pvp and the fact I like human females as well;
though a sports bra is needed.

I miss alliance, I played them all through classic, but switch to blood elf as soon as the race came out (only because draenei couldn't be rogues /cry). I love horde, but the #1 thing I miss is the actually city being dark at night. Go to Org at night, and it's bright as day. I actually fly to SW just so I can sit in the dark by their lake :> I got a good rep with alliance too and they sit by me or fish with me. It's pretty cute!

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 06-08-11 at 07:00 PM.
06-09-11, 07:10 AM   #11
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Undercity is dark 24/7
06-09-11, 07:54 AM   #12
Ither
A Firelord

We ended up making the move-- I can't confirm that this time but I'm having fun.

I know this tho, the damn DPS regular/heroic queues are WAY less. On Ally I would sit there for 35 minutes, but on Horde I was in within 4-5 minutes each time-- astonishing.

I also got into one of the top 3 guilds there too LOL.
06-09-11, 08:28 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've been playing for a little over 4 years or so, and I can honestly say that I am no where near being bored hehe. I think the mistake that a lot of people make is creating alts and leveling them all super fast. I take my time and piddle with alts while focusing on my main. Of course, it helps that I've had my sweetie to play in game with every night since before we came to Wow (we left a high end raiding guild in EQ because Wow killed it lol). So honestly, every night that I spend with him is an adventure with our toons!
06-09-11, 08:33 AM   #14
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I'd be bored if I could tell what I'm going to do every week, or even the next day, ahead of time.

Glad you're having fun Geek.

06-09-11, 08:38 AM   #15
Ither
A Firelord

Yeah, I'm starting to. I went off and got on Bad Company 2 last night and it didn't last long LOL. Now when Battlefield 3 comes out, it'll be another story.

I need me a better half that plays WOW-- thank god for BlizzCon, I'm going to start holding interviews during the conference.

LMAO
06-09-11, 08:40 AM   #16
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post

I need me a better half that plays WOW-- thank god for BlizzCon, I'm going to start holding interviews during the conference.

LMAO
For some reason I thought you were married lol. I'll never understand why nice guys like you aren't snagged up already!
06-09-11, 09:34 AM   #17
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
For some reason I thought you were married lol. I'll never understand why nice guys like you aren't snagged up already!
Aww, blush.

Use to be married; one of those unfortunates to have a cheating ex-wife.
06-09-11, 11:30 AM   #18
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Aye, having a RL friend/partner who plays is definitely a lot more fun. Sadly all of my (male) friends just roll their eyes when I mention PC gaming :/ Curiously I know a lot more girls who enjoy roleplaying games than men.
06-09-11, 11:51 AM   #19
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Aye, having a RL friend/partner who plays is definitely a lot more fun. Sadly all of my (male) friends just roll their eyes when I mention PC gaming :/ Curiously I know a lot more girls who enjoy roleplaying games than men.
I like roleplaying --
06-09-11, 12:27 PM   #20
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Undercity is dark 24/7
I loved the old org though... something about it in it primal state was sort of romantic :< It's what made me love Horde, simply beautiful.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Bored ~~ Horde needs me.