07-27-07, 08:04 PM   #1
sclopper
A Murloc Raider
Having Unknown issues

I like to use Alt+F4 to exit my game when im getting Dced..that may have something to do with it..but i know when i use packages like this(Ive used a few and all have had the same problem, but mazzle gave me a good week or 2) eventually everyone will go unknown and i just have to get rid of the UI and go back to my old one that i set up(Which i never get the unknown errors with no matter how much i Alt+F4) Im just wondering if anyone would know why this issue pops up with packages and not with my own UI that i set up and how i would go about fixing this?

Also..No i have not installed anything else since ive had Mazzle UI

EDIT: I just went and tested something...this is only happening on 1 of my characters..my main. All of my others work just fine..would the solution be to Delete my main in my WTF folder and just redo the mazzle UI for it?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sclopper : 07-27-07 at 08:32 PM.
07-27-07, 09:07 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know what you mean by "everyone goes unknown", but it sounds like the problem some people have with items turning into question marks after patches. If it's at all similar, I'd guess you're having a fundamental WoW issue that doesn't have anything to do with add-ons. If you want to delete something, I'd suggest deleting the WDB folder in your "World of Warcraft\Cache" folder. Perhaps it has become corrupted.
07-27-07, 09:48 PM   #3
Siz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
This is a common problem users of an addon called RecipeBook report, though other addons may cause this problem.

Here's a list of steps that should help:

1. Completely close WoW
2. Delete your local cache files found within this folder C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS
3. Log in to your character screen and disable all addons, then log in to one of your characters that is in a common area, like Ironforge or Shattrath
4. Wander around the town for a while and visit your bank and the AuctionHouse so that you are exposed to plenty of items and NPCs
5. Log out and quit WoW completely
5. Log back in and enable your addons, you should be good to play now that your local cache is primed

Last edited by Siz : 07-27-07 at 10:10 PM.
07-28-07, 01:31 AM   #4
sclopper
A Murloc Raider
By "unknown issue" i mean everyones name will show up as Unknown and i will DC shortly after

Because i had to raid today..i just deleted my main character in my WTF folder and restarted WoW, set up mazzle again and played...eventually i logged out and came back an hour or so later and everyone showed up unknown. And i repeated the process

So..when i log out again the issue is back, so im fairly sure it isnt that recipe addon that you mentioned siz.

And this is exactly what has happened with other packages..

Sorry bout not explaining that part, forgot to

Last edited by sclopper : 07-28-07 at 01:38 AM.
07-28-07, 01:38 AM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't know what's wrong with your setup or why it only seems to happen on one character, but both recommendations above were to delete your cache folder, not your WTF folder.
07-28-07, 03:39 AM   #6
sclopper
A Murloc Raider
Deleted the WDB folder in Cache, Only screwed up the game further

I have no idea why my game hates this one character. I log onto all of my alts and it works just fine for them. I delete my mains WTF folder to start from scratch..it works the first time and then *Poof* gone..boggles me
07-28-07, 08:45 AM   #7
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
by alt f4 you probably stopped Wow from saving one of the saved variable files...

it was doing this to me when i had an odd problem.
it would seem like it wasn't responding and eventually it would DC.
if ( although it looked like it wasn't doing anything ) i stopped Wow before the you've been DC'd screen came up, somewhere a saved variable file would be currupted. instead of a complete file, it would just suddenly end.

to me it sounds like a saved variable file in you main characters folder.
note, fixing you characters saved variable file will not solve the original problem that has you getting DC'd in the first place but it will make that character look right when you reconnect.
when you get DC'd let the game do its thing to bring you to the you been DCd screen.

doc
07-28-07, 04:48 PM   #8
sclopper
A Murloc Raider
Doc, that made it work the first time i came in..but upon exiting game and coming back its gone dead
07-28-07, 11:22 PM   #9
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
hmmmm ?

all i can really suggest, is mess around with it... or even better remazzify your main character get everything how you like it logout (or reload UI )before doing anything else. to let game save all those saved variables.

hope this helps.
02-28-08, 07:07 AM   #10
monkeymaster
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by doc309 View Post
hmmmm ?

all i can really suggest, is mess around with it... or even better remazzify your main character get everything how you like it logout (or reload UI )before doing anything else. to let game save all those saved variables.

hope this helps.

Does anyone know if this solved his problem?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Having Unknown issues