05-15-08, 09:01 AM   #1
Moosetrax
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cartographer Trainers, Cratographer nnTraniers, & TrainerFu

Does anyone know if the authors for these mods are still actively involved with them? All three are great mods and very useful, but they were all broken by the last patch (2.4.2). I understand that it takes time to update each of these and there can be a lot of work involved. I just wanted to see there were plans to update them.

Thanks for your input
05-15-08, 09:15 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What's broken about them? Are you getting errors?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-15-08, 09:25 AM   #3
Moosetrax
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yes, there are errors. I pasted them below from original posts on the mods comment pages.

Concerning TrainerFu:
1 of 2
[2008/05/14 00:58:30-1725-x1]: FuBar_TrainerFu-0.2\TrainerFu_FuBar.lua:8: Cannot find a library instance of "LibBabble-Spell-3.0".
FuBar_TrainerFu-0.2\TrainerFu_FuBar.lua:8: in main chunk

2 of 2
[2008/05/14 00:58:30-1725-x1]: FuBar_TrainerFu-0.2\modules\DemonTrainer.lua:5: Cannot find a library instance of "LibBabble-CreatureType-3.0".
FuBar_TrainerFu-0.2\modules\DemonTrainer.lua:5: in main chunk

Concerning Cartographer Trainers and nnTrainers:
1 of 3
[2008/05/14 00:58:24-1725-x1]: Cartographer_nnTrainers-1\nnTrainers.lua:8: Cannot find a library instance of "LibBabble-CreatureType-3.0".
Cartographer_nnTrainers-1\nnTrainers.lua:8: in main chunk

2 of 3
[2008/05/14 00:58:26-1725-x1]: Cartographer_Trainers-1.0\addon.lua:5: Cannot find a library instance of Babble-Tradeskill-2.2.
Cartographer_Trainers-1.0\addon.lua:5: in main chunk

3 of 3
[2008/05/14 00:58:26-1725-x1]: Cartographer_Trainers-1.0\import.lua:1: Cartographer Trainers not found!
Cartographer_Trainers-1.0\import.lua:1: in main chunk
05-15-08, 11:29 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I would try and updating those again from WoWAce. Looks like a library issue. That sometimes happens when a mod gets up dated. Usually the author or updater will realize "Oh @$%#! I just broke that mod", then upload an update.
05-15-08, 11:30 AM   #5
Steil
A Cliff Giant

was updated and fixed yesterday on wowace. Looks like you are missing the library files for the program those can be found on files.wowace.com as well.
05-15-08, 02:43 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Yeah had that prob too. Even after an update.

I grabbed the needed libs from files.wowace.com .

I needed LibBabble-CreatureType-3.0 , LibBabble-Inventory-3.0 and Babble-2.2.

If you need more look at the error log it tells you what lib is missing. Just goto the Ace site to get it.
05-15-08, 04:38 PM   #7
Moosetrax
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks all!

I should have thought about looking for the libraries on wowace first.
05-15-08, 05:51 PM   #8
drakedane
A Kobold Labourer
Same Problem with Cartographer Since Patch

I'm Mac user, but if you're getting same as me, "broken" means onscreen error messages that may or may not be cleared by clicking "OK" (requiring game restart to fix) or the game itself prompting you to disable ALL mods or the mods simply no longer functioning as they used to function.

The symptoms don't matter though. The point is that clearly the mods need to be updated by the developer. And, if there are no plans to update any time soon by the developer (who may or may not be aware of the issue), I would like to know this, so I can act accordingly.
05-15-08, 06:15 PM   #9
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by drakedane View Post
I'm Mac user, but if you're getting same as me, "broken" means onscreen error messages that may or may not be cleared by clicking "OK" (requiring game restart to fix) or the game itself prompting you to disable ALL mods or the mods simply no longer functioning as they used to function.

The symptoms don't matter though. The point is that clearly the mods need to be updated by the developer. And, if there are no plans to update any time soon by the developer (who may or may not be aware of the issue), I would like to know this, so I can act accordingly.
Seeing as to how it is only a library that needs updating in the mod itself the addon is really not broken per say. A simple download of the missing/broken lib is all that is required to make the addon work just fine.

And don't worry about having multiple versions of the same libraries (weather in addons themselves or in seperate addon folders. Only one instance of the library is actually in memory. All other versions are ignored. The only advantage to having external libraries is a faster initial load time as WoW doesn't need to check the libraries to see if they are the same.

Usually WoW Ace addons with library issues are fixed fairly fast.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Cartographer Trainers, Cratographer nnTraniers, & TrainerFu