07-11-07, 11:26 AM   #1
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Enemy Casting Bar (Solved)

I hope i'm not missing something, but in the preivous version on Mazzle I had a casting bar for my enemies as well as the prompt at the top of the screen. Now since the upgrade to version 1.1 (i have also tried a full reinstall from scratch) i still have the prompt at the top of the screen but no more enemy casting bar. Am I missing a setting somewhere or is there a legit problem?

P.S. BTW THIS IS THE MOST FREAKING AWESOME COMPILATION OF MODS EVER.... Thank you so much for all the hard work.

Darkenlord - 61 UD mage Lightbringer

Last edited by obsidianblack : 07-11-07 at 05:01 PM.
07-11-07, 12:03 PM   #2
dystrophy
A Cyclonian
Same thing for me, no more cast bars for enemies
07-11-07, 05:01 PM   #3
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Okay i figured it out. The enemy casting bar is hidden behind the target frame.

TO FIX:

Don't have a target selected. Type "/quartz" Goto the target section and click the lock check mark. The casting bar should then show up. You can then move it to where you need it
07-11-07, 06:01 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by obsidianblack
Okay i figured it out. The enemy casting bar is hidden behind the target frame.

TO FIX:

Don't have a target selected. Type "/quartz" Goto the target section and click the lock check mark. The casting bar should then show up. You can then move it to where you need it
Behind the target frame? It's supposed to be on top/inside of it, right above the "Looking at ..." text.

What aspect ratio are you at? And did you do a clean install?
07-12-07, 08:35 AM   #5
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I can't answer that question right now, but now that i think about it.... that is about on the screen where i moved it from.... I'll check when i get home and let you know. I may just be on crack.
07-12-07, 11:31 AM   #6
Gaeline
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I've had the same problem, I use a standard 1280x1024 display and have it marked for the correct ratio.

I had to install the addon named "Enemy Casting Bars" and turn off all other bars but leave just the enemy one on as I was tanking and it seemed quicker to use than any other way.

Prior to this version, it displayed it in the nameplate I think, but I needed it where it was easier to see when a mob was in your face and you could turn your camera easily without missing anything. I really like the whole compilation (I even donated \o/), but there are a few things that a tank would like to see I guess, casting bars is pretty important when you have something to interrupt it with etc.

I really should add some of my suggestions to the sticky threads I guess.

(Edit, I know it is now using Quartz, but didnt know what the old addon was and now it still seems easiest to keep "ECB" running and displaying it for me. I messed up Mazzle too many times before to want to mess with much, but then again, it was really only Bangos that gave me problems when editing it)
07-12-07, 09:17 PM   #7
joive
A Theradrim Guardian

Same here

Same issue here. I will re-check Quartz to see if I can see the enemy casting bar again. I can see the text at the top, but not the casting bar. Thanks a lot.
07-13-07, 03:25 PM   #8
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Behind the target frame? It's supposed to be on top/inside of it, right above the "Looking at ..." text.

What aspect ratio are you at? And did you do a clean install?
Mazzle is right it is right where described... I was just blind. I did end up moveing it and resizing it...again cause i'm blind, but it is right where it is supposed to be. You just have to look for it.
07-13-07, 05:39 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, this is where it's supposed to be (the casting bar underneath the target 3d model). I find it much more accessible than the way I had antagonist set up before. Those who find things too small in general might have issues though.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Casting bar.jpg
Views:	1236
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1277  
07-15-07, 08:09 AM   #10
joive
A Theradrim Guardian

Solved

Now I can interrupt. Thanks
07-16-07, 07:28 PM   #11
pakpandir
A Murloc Raider
there's an enemy casting bar on screen in the HUD. I can't seem to find out what addon its called. i'd like to move it to the top or somewhere else as its sittin on top of my HUD which i've scaled up and moved apart. Please help. I did have Quartz disabled. Should i enable it? I seem to have a target's cast bar appearing even without Quartz. So i'm boggled.

btw, i'm a complete UI noob but this is hella fun to muck around.

love your work MazzleUI. I just got 3-4 other guys to get into it too.

Last edited by pakpandir : 07-16-07 at 08:44 PM.
07-16-07, 09:39 PM   #12
pakpandir
A Murloc Raider
ok i think i found the addon name for this. Antagonist. Need to move it when i get back home from work.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Enemy Casting Bar