01-29-11, 06:28 PM   #1
metalman1
A Murloc Raider
Arrow points in wrong direction

The arrow doesn't alway point where it should, example, on the Guide I click trade skill>Forge, it point 11192 yards away and I'm standing next to a forge. I know it's something I'm doing wrong, I just don't know what. Any help would be appreciated.

01-29-11, 06:30 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
If you're standing next to a forge in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms and it does that it's probably because the database doesn't yet contain Kal or EK forge locations, so the closest one it knows about is in Northrend. I think they're planning on correcting that in the next update or so.

01-29-11, 06:34 PM   #3
metalman1
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm in Stormwind, in the Dwarven district

01-29-11, 06:37 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Stormwind is in the Eastern Kingdoms.

01-29-11, 06:40 PM   #5
metalman1
A Murloc Raider
The Dwarven district is in Stormwind, I was just being too specific about the location

01-29-11, 06:42 PM   #6
metalman1
A Murloc Raider
Now I understand what you were saying, duh, it just suprised me that Stormwind isn't mapped, thanks for your help

01-30-11, 05:25 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Myeah, the Carbonite team has (understandably) been focusing on getting maps and quests working as they should, and working out any bugs that've been found. I can't remember just where, but I'm pretty sure they posted somewhere that PoI's (Points of Interest) like innkeepers, tradeskill items and profession trainers in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are going to be added to the database in a not-so-distant update. Until then, I can only recommend asking the guards.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Arrow points in wrong direction