01-17-11, 08:43 AM   #1
JDisciple
A Murloc Raider

Hide Tooltips in Combat?

So I'm getting this goofy lag when I'm in combat, and I'm fairly certain it's whenever I highlight a button that shows a tooltip.... Thus, I'm looking for a simple addon that will allow me to hide ALL tooltips in combat!

Other functionalities would be great too, such as being able to anchor the tooltip in another location, or change it's appearance.

Thx in advance!
01-17-11, 09:05 AM   #2
help137
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use Combat Hide Tooltip

-A

Originally Posted by JDisciple View Post
So I'm getting this goofy lag when I'm in combat, and I'm fairly certain it's whenever I highlight a button that shows a tooltip.... Thus, I'm looking for a simple addon that will allow me to hide ALL tooltips in combat!

Other functionalities would be great too, such as being able to anchor the tooltip in another location, or change it's appearance.

Thx in advance!
01-17-11, 09:37 AM   #3
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
xanTooltipHoudini
01-17-11, 10:23 AM   #4
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TinyTip (bit outdated, but got option to hide in combat)
01-17-11, 01:13 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It might be better to find out which addon is causing you issues instead of putting a band-aid on it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-17-11, 01:27 PM   #6
Poreo
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
It might be better to find out which addon is causing you issues instead of putting a band-aid on it.
True, some tooltip addons use absurd amount of memory and can become really heavy and intensive in a matter of seconds and leave you wondering why ( eg. Informant was causing minor lag everytime I would mouse over something I just obtained in my bag )
01-18-11, 10:22 AM   #7
JDisciple
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up Thanks!

I've been using Tip-Tac for a long time, however it was patched recently, and for some reason now it does not hold the anchor position I give it, nor does it hide the tool tips when I'm in combat.

I tried removing the addon and all of it's settings and re-installing it, but much to the same result. When the addon is un-installed, I do not get the lag spike issues, which only seem to occur when in combat when Tip-Tac is running. With all of this in mind, I can only assume, TipTac is my issue. Perhaps it is not TipTac in itself though, and it's just disagreeing with another addon I have installed? Either way, it's incredibly annoying with the screen freezing in mid fight during raids and arenas.

Thx for all of your help everyone!
01-18-11, 02:05 PM   #8
Poreo
Try deleting the info Tip-Tac has stored in your WTF folder

OR

What other tooltip addons are you using

OR

Monitor CPU usage in combat to see if any tooltip addon is spiking

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hide Tooltips in Combat?