02-01-11, 02:26 PM   #1
Nagousta
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Smile A better Omen LDB plugin

Hi there,

I am here to humbly request an addon from an able author. It's a simple one (I'm fairly sure).

I enjoy the old (no longer updated, but working beautifully still) Recount Statistics addon, it gives me both a quick display to show all the information I actually care about at a glance, as well as the functionality to see more detailed information on click. Beautiful.

I would like a similar thing for Omen. The current LDB functionality of Omen is merely a click-to-open-or-config thing. I would love it to:

Display my current percentage threat of the agro holder.
- And how much threat under that I am.
For example: 67% (-204k) or 104% (+20k)
Optionally, it could be useful to show the name of the current agro holder.

Or, if I am the current agro target (i.e. tanking), change the color, and show how big the gap to the second highest is.
For example: 25% (+52k)

I'm not sure how it could be swung with working out who is meant to have agro and if it's a good or bad thing that you're above it. The color changing and showing from 100% to 110% would just be a bonus.

So, if i'm not mistaken, it's mostly pulling numbers off the Omen window, doing a quick sum, and displaying them on a data broker plugin. I have no coding skills of my own, and would be very thankful of the assistance from an addon author.

p.s. I am aware of the LDB-Threat plugin. I am looking for something a little more informative, while keeping minimalism in mind.
02-01-11, 04:29 PM   #2
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hi Nagousta,

Do you want to keep Omen itself, or do you want the whole thing to be only an LDB plugin?

Another option might be to use the addon MyThreat, and just put it on top of your LDB display. If you make the text smaller and hide the tank name, it looks almost exactly like your examples.
02-02-11, 02:28 AM   #3
Nagousta
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the response.

I have looked at MyThreat, and it is indeed very close to what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I couldn't see any means of turning off the name display. It's also quite ugly, I'm a big fan of the customizability options of LDB plugin displayers.

The plugin I would be looking for would run alongside Omen, and would be a quick way of seeing it's important data, with the option to click the plugin to open the main Omen window for more information. So basically just like the current LDB Omen display already does, but with some additional info showing.

If anyone was to make this, I would be very grateful and I'm sure it would see widespread use by those in favour of minimalistic UIs. But otherwise, I can make do with LDB-Threat.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » A better Omen LDB plugin