08-03-07, 08:11 PM   #21
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
$30 per two months for twelve months=$360 a year per person.

$360 times 9,000,000 is $3,240,000,000 per year O.o
*More drooling*
08-03-07, 08:30 PM   #22
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by einherjan
ROFL that's not Uther! Uther's been dead for awhile man. Arthas killed Uther when he confronted him about his evil way. Those are two unsuspecting (so far) adventures. Also, don't assume because the guy in the movie was human that it will be the only race who will be able to become a death knight.
*shrug* I dunno, something about those two reminded me of Uther and Jaina. Just my opinion, really. I mean, come on: You have to admit that the model in the trailer looks a helluva lot like the model in WC3...

And I never said that *only* humans would be death knights....for one, Blizzard has announced that the class will be available to both Alliance and Horde, and my comment was made to add upon the comment I quoted. I was basically saying "Tauren and Gnomes might be able to be Death Knights, but if the trailer is any indication, Humans will be able to be too."
08-03-07, 09:29 PM   #23
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I hope they don't screw everything with the new hero thing. I'm kinda doubtful... it's a great idea, but if it just means that you chose a talent tree forever and gain a new "41points like" skill, with no further change, it's a bit sad. I would indeed love some cross-class abilities, even maybe some cross-class hero classes (the marksman that was discussed for isntance) which would just add some powerful tools to the base of your character without destroying his class specificity.
WoW lacks original players. There are 9 classes, each has 1 or 2, sometimes 3 possible talent builds for PvE and the same number for PvP (not counting extremely little variations around a build), which means that if you stick to PvE or to PvP, you'll see something like 20 different characters maximum. If each class is associated to 3 different hero classes and each hero class to 2 or 3 base class, it will bring more originality.
Race specificity isn't something I quite enjoy, as a Nelf priest... It can only bring imbalance unjustified imbalance, which isn't something I mind much (imbalance shouldn't be condamned without thinking a bit, a total balance wouldn't be fun), but I mind the fact that some specificities appear on my character that I have spent 170 days on...

Else, it looks beautiful (well... not bad at least). Will it really raise interest? I seriously doubt it will justify keeping playing wow until the 3rd exp. But we'll see.

On a side note:
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
$30 per two months for twelve months=$360 a year per person.

$360 times 9,000,000 is $3,240,000,000 per year O.o
<MM> [Layrajha] Greetings, this is Math Master Layrajha. Do you have a few seconds to talk about your ability to fake multiplications on wowinterface's forum?

And on another side note:
I can't auto check my spelling from here, and therefore I apologize for the huge mistakes I might have done
08-03-07, 09:31 PM   #24
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Lywellyn
*shrug* I dunno, something about those two reminded me of Uther and Jaina. Just my opinion, really. I mean, come on: You have to admit that the model in the trailer looks a helluva lot like the model in WC3...
Since when I Jaina a priest though? She's wearing the T4 priest set (or am I blind?).
As a priest, I wouldn't mind her blizzard, if you wonna know
08-03-07, 09:53 PM   #25
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

FOund this on YouTube (had trouble finding the link from above) Trailer.

Wow- the Death Knight appears to be a tad bada**. Will probably require you be with a raiding guild and compeltely own every 25 instance. Can't wait to PvP with my pissant pre-Kara, PUG geared toon against a Death Knight. Thanks in advance Blizz!!! More content I will never see! Woot!

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

08-03-07, 10:00 PM   #26
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Geboran
We are paying for the game, right?

I don't see why Blizzard shouldn't be *REQUIRED* to update Azeroth if that is what the players decide that they want.
At the risk of stating the obvious, it's because there's a difference between buying a product from someone and hiring them as your employee. That said, if you and your 9 million closest friends all decide to stop buying that product, they might be inclined to offer a product that does meet your wish list.
08-03-07, 10:13 PM   #27
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Layrajha
Since when I Jaina a priest though? She's wearing the T4 priest set (or am I blind?).
As a priest, I wouldn't mind her blizzard, if you wonna know
Yeah, Jaina was a mage lol. They are just similar models.
08-03-07, 10:25 PM   #28
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

I thoughtthis was pretty interesting
08-03-07, 10:31 PM   #29
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
Wowwiki is being mean and not loading. This is how I understood it though. You do a quest that is hard if not harder as the warlock epic mount quest. Once you complete it unlocks the class in the character creation area and you will have to reroll. He will start at a semi-high level (60) and have reasonably good gear.

For magic, no magic to be seen:

The death knight uses a unique rune-based resource system to govern his spells and abilities. Three rune types: blood, frost, and unholy, each with an attached color and symbol. Death Knight players will have to carve these runes into their weapons anytime outside combat, so they'll have to choose which sort of runes to emphasize in their spec. link

Which does sound yummy.
08-04-07, 01:28 AM   #30
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Ever since I started again as Ithaelus, my Blood Elf Warlock... The endless grind from 25-58 has been boring... But when I hit 58, I discovered the world of the Outlands... And I'm still not finished, and I won't be until this Expansion comes out! This will keep me busy for a long time...

And those numbers are just from World of Warcraft's subscribers, not the Selling of the box / Warcraft 1/2/3 / Starcraft 1/2... Blizzard has made so much money.

Grats.

08-04-07, 02:33 AM   #31
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Geboran
You would think that Blizzard would want for you to improve your *EXISTING* character(s); not have to create a new one after getting to a certain "peak".

Hero classes should build upon existing classes, but allow for you to specialize into one of three different specialized builds that you could choose from. They could just offer specific spells/talents/abilities that the player can't choose, but just "get" depending on the path that you choose.
They chose to not let hero type be an improvement of existing classes due to the fact that some might not like their new class and thus would have lost their old one. Doing it this way you get a new class after some struggle with figuring how to obtain access to create it (which is confirmed that you have to go through) So you will instead have an easier time checking out the new characters from a more neutral perspective as everyone at some point has a habit of hating/loving a new char from very early on.
08-04-07, 05:43 AM   #32
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

I dunno. I see a mass exodus to get a DK as quick as possible... they do sound pretty powerful. Tank and DPS; that's dangerous. We'll see though. It's still so far in the future.

08-04-07, 07:39 AM   #33
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
Xanithon- I wouldn't worry it wont be coming out until 2008.
08-04-07, 02:06 PM   #34
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Although I would like to play a DK this not the only hero class that will be in the game. Remember Blizzard has historically given only a small taste of what is come when they first announce a project. More juicy tidbits will be tossed to us as the months progress and as testing, balancing and polishing occurs.
08-04-07, 10:23 PM   #35
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I don't know if someone has already asked this, or someone knows... But how will the Death Knight be played as a Hero Class?

I don't understand the concept of a Hero Class.

08-05-07, 01:05 AM   #36
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Xanithon
I don't know if someone has already asked this, or someone knows... But how will the Death Knight be played as a Hero Class?

I don't understand the concept of a Hero Class.
Well, if I remember from other games it's usually a continuation from a base class. But not for WoW lol. Who cares I am still playing it.

It's just a OPed class you can start using once it's unlocked. It starts out as 60-70 with decent gear. I look forward to PVP.

Last edited by einherjan : 08-05-07 at 01:07 AM.
08-05-07, 05:03 AM   #37
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by einherjan
Well, if I remember from other games it's usually a continuation from a base class. But not for WoW lol. Who cares I am still playing it.

It's just a OPed class you can start using once it's unlocked. It starts out as 60-70 with decent gear. I look forward to PVP.
Also it has a different resource system than the regular characters. Meaning that instead of mana it uses runes

Originally Posted by Gemini_II
I dunno. I see a mass exodus to get a DK as quick as possible... they do sound pretty powerful. Tank and DPS; that's dangerous. We'll see though. It's still so far in the future.
The changes to what resources they use to cast and such will make some changes to that, and i am fairly sure it will be a hard trial before any can actually start using these classes so true there will be a huge amount of players trying to get it, but i also believe it will take a while for most to do it.
I just hope it doesn't involve buying all kinds of things that cost a gazillion gold to aquire. I'd rather have to go through bosses and a bit rare drop rates than that

Last edited by malcite : 08-05-07 at 05:06 AM.
08-05-07, 05:21 AM   #38
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by malcite
The changes to what resources they use to cast and such will make some changes to that, and i am fairly sure it will be a hard trial before any can actually start using these classes so true there will be a huge amount of players trying to get it, but i also believe it will take a while for most to do it.
I just hope it doesn't involve buying all kinds of things that cost a gazillion gold to aquire. I'd rather have to go through bosses and a bit rare drop rates than that
Good point. I read on a post over at Curse that Blizz described the difficulty to complete the DK-chain as about "the same difficulty as the epic warlock mount quest-chain before Burning Crusade". So I'm guessing it'll be pricey and tough. We'll see though. I hope 9since they are going this route with Hero Classes) that they at least offer two or more on launch.

08-05-07, 06:27 PM   #39
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Ok, now it makes sense einherjan. Thanks.

08-05-07, 08:38 PM   #40
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Layrajha
On a side note:

<MM> [Layrajha] Greetings, this is Math Master Layrajha. Do you have a few seconds to talk about your ability to fake multiplications on wowinterface's forum?

I know, i messed up, I realized this when i couldnt get to a computer..

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Wrath of the Lich King confirmed