02-18-07, 10:47 PM   #1
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

FuBar 2.0: Cannot copy character-specific profile

On my main character I set fubar's (and any plugins that have the option) profile to the character-specific profile instead of default.

Then when I log on a second character, I try to copy from that profile, and it shows the profile in the submenu, but when I click on the character-specific profile from my main character, it pops up an error:

Code:
Interface\Addons\FuBar\FuBar.lua:1514:AceDB-2.0:Cannot copy from profile "char/Xivyr - Silver Hand", it does not exist.
Upon doing this, it clears both bars until I logout of the second character and log back in on it.

Any idea why I can't copy my one character's profile to the other?
02-19-07, 05:21 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

i believe there were some changes made to the way Ace2 profiles were named and stored.

i think the old way was:

"Xivyr of Silver Hand"

and the new way is:

"Xivyr - Silver Hand"

in an effort to avoid problems introduced by localization. so, your profile is stored as the old way but it's trying to retrieve it based on the new way.

you might try updating Fubar and all of your plugins, though I'm not sure that will solve the problem. editing your saved variable files or simply creating new profiles may be the only way to fix it.
02-19-07, 08:48 PM   #3
Lywellyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

When I typed in "/ace", it showed me that there's a profile with that too....I've never messed with that, only the profiles present with FuBar. Does this have something to do with it?

Also: If the profiles are stored in WTF\Account\[account name]\SavedVariables in FuBar.lua, then the first four lines of that file are this:

Code:
FuBar2DB = {
	["profiles"] = {
		["char/Xivyr - Silver Hand"] = {
			["fontSize"] = 12,
So if I'm looking at it right, it looks like it's saving it just fine. That's why I'm a bit confused.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » FuBar 2.0: Cannot copy character-specific profile