12-27-05, 07:11 AM   #1
JIM the Inventor
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Spells Left Omni - OK, Not Quite Omnipotent

Perhaps you, the reader, have met my latest creation already ...
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4432

I have received my first bit of real feedback - from Europe! Unfortunately, it is bad news.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2888

Apparently the AddOn is doing nothing at all on French computers. I suppose it's a string variable issue ... a likely candidate, right? ... but not being in Europe myself, I'm at a distinct disadvantage. I ask for help.

Originally Posted by the_nuru
is not working on Fr loc
nothing change when I clic on spell
what should I do?
It is a puzzle! As far as I know, the only 'simple' strings Omni has are:

XML names, like NameOfButton .. "Count"
event names, like "UNIT_MANA"
target names, like "player" / "pet"
playerClass == "DRUID"

The vital piece of the AddOn, mana cost accounting, is string dependent as well, but I am using the localized string MANA_COST, and its other power variants ..

I wouldn't ask anyone to solve this for me, but this is a show-stopper, and I am so far clueless.
12-27-05, 07:47 AM   #2
JIM the Inventor
A Cyclonian

There's Also This

In another vital part of my code, I'm checking to see if button count text is white. (Spell Reagent Count turns numbers yellow or red to show that it is working.)

if ( string.format( "%.0f", r*10000 + g*10000 + b*10000 ) ~= "30000" ) then return end

I'm using "format" because I liked the way it rounds numbers - I could find no round math function in the language otherwise. This statement could mess up in French versions if the 30,000 returned with a space in it ... or maybe the count text is off-white, or something?

*returns to thinking*
12-27-05, 05:03 PM   #3
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Just a guess, but I'm guessing that the problem would be in the class names. The french class names are not the same as they are in the English version.
12-28-05, 02:59 AM   #4
JIM the Inventor
A Cyclonian

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_UnitClass

WoWWiki confirms that. I was / am actually using the "englishclass" return from that function, so I am relieved to say that the class angle at least can be eliminated as the source of the problem. (Relief is itself valuable, so hopefully you don't consider your suggestion wasted.)

What else serves as a possiblility for error?

---

<< I'm tempted to download ABInfo again since it's the only other mod that's ever attempted to do what Spells Left does. I never did see it work, though, and deleted it after a few months ... >>

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Spells Left Omni - OK, Not Quite Omnipotent