View Poll Results: Would you mind ItemRack sets losing the ability to distinguish different enchants?
I do use same items with different enchants and would hate to lose the ability 5 41.67%
I do use same items with different enchants but wouldn't mind losing the ability 0 0%
I don't care either way 0 0%
I don't understand the question 0 0%
I don't use same items with different enchants and I don't mind losing the ability 5 41.67%
I don't use same items with different enchants but I would hate to lose the ability 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

10-14-06, 08:32 AM   #1
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you use same items/different enchants?

I'm going to be re-re-rewriting ItemRack. And in doing so it dawned on me that an unbelievable amount of work goes into dealing with items of the same item id/name but with different enchants. (items with "of the Bear", "of the Monkey" fall in this category also now that I'm using item id's)

Examples:
- Boots of Heroism with +7 sta and Boots of Heroism with mithril spurs
- Mercurial Gauntlets of the Monkey and Mercurial Gauntlets of the Bear

Not an example:
- Hakkari Warblade in mainhand and Hakkari Warblade in offhand. (these are two distinctly different items with their own item id, despite having the same name)

It would save a lot of work, and a lot of kb, if I could ditch the extra baggage on item id's and just deal with the base item.

So let me know, do you use the same items with different enchants?
10-16-06, 02:00 AM   #2
Zeksie
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gello
It would save a lot of work, and a lot of kb, if I could ditch the extra baggage on item id's and just deal with the base item.

So let me know, do you use the same items with different enchants?
Was thinking you might be able to write some sub-set item lib. So store items entirely (5 element table or whatever), then make some simple comparison/lookup funcs to compare items. Get best match and so on. Each table field matched would add a point to it's score, and you return the item with highest score. Something like that.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Do you use same items/different enchants?