01-05-19, 01:03 PM   #1
Tunalmighty
A Defias Bandit
Addon confusion

Back to the game after 8 years. Lots of questions.

First, I have the old game on my computer. An HP running Windows 10.

Second, I did play a secondary "starter" account recently.

On Dec. 31, 2018, I reactivated my original account by purchasing the BoA game and a one month subscription.

On Jan. 5, 2019, I tried to download and install a group of addons. After reading some info I finally placed the addons in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns

I was told that this was the proper folder after the most recent patch.

When I loaded the game, I do not get the "addons" button.

I am not sure if there is another folder to place the addons in, but I am able to successfully launch the original account by clicking on the "World of Warcraft Launcher" icon in the World of Warcraft folder listed above.

Please advise

Tun
01-05-19, 01:54 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's possible that you did not install them correctly. Check this: https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/...l_doesntwork_2

(That hasn't been updated yet for the _retail_, etc. changes, but it's good enough. )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-05-19, 02:19 PM   #3
Tunalmighty
A Defias Bandit
I'm sure I installed them incorrectly, otherwise they would be working. But, i don't think the "sub" folder is the issue, unless the "_retail_" folder is the issue.

I just can't seem to find another folder on my comp that they should go into.
01-05-19, 02:50 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you open the Launcher then select:
Options/Show In Explorer

That will make sure you are using the correct game folder (just in case).

Then it's
_retail_\Interface\Addons
01-05-19, 04:56 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To be sure it is not a subfolder issue, you could show us a screenshot of what you have.

Open the folder of an addon until you see its addonname.toc file. Take a screenshot showing the file path in your file explorer window.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-07-19, 02:23 PM   #6
Tunalmighty
A Defias Bandit
Thank you all for your help. There was indeed a secondary step that didn't appear in the thread posted. I needed to take the "unzipped" folders and open them up too, and them place the contents into the addons folder. Once that was done, I was good to go. Well, except for 10 lua reports that came up after I logged on!! lol But, I'll deal with them later.

Appreciate it!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon confusion