A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SPELL_AURA_REFRESH gone in 4.2 ?

Any clarifications about this?
06-29-11, 06:42 AM   #2
Cedrich
Premium Member
Premium Member
Can't see any official mention of this so I can only assume (and hope/pray) that it's unintended. Anybody have any thoughts on ways to track refreshes in the mean time?
06-29-11, 08:13 AM   #3
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just checked on 4.2 Live, it should still be firing ..

06-29-11, 08:25 AM   #4
MagicSN
A Murloc Raider
Besides the issue, what sort of addon is this which you use to check the events? Looks like a great debug-addon!
06-29-11, 08:45 AM   #5
Vilkku
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Besides the issue, what sort of addon is this which you use to check the events? Looks like a great debug-addon!
Looks like /eventtrace, it's built-in
06-29-11, 08:45 AM   #6
Sideshow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yes please, name of the addon ?
06-29-11, 09:38 AM   #7
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vilkku View Post
Uhmm .. what he said
06-29-11, 09:42 AM   #8
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
Yes please, name of the addon ?
Let me rephrase that.

Looks like /eventtrace, it is built-in
06-29-11, 10:11 AM   #9
Cedrich
Premium Member
Premium Member
Speculating that it may only not be firing for Druids upon refreshing Lifebloom. So far most people i've seen have been noticing it in relation to that. I've confirmed through eventtrace that SPELL_AURA_REFRESH does NOT fire when i refresh Lifebloom but does fire when I refresh other auras. It also appears that the event does not fire when my Tsumani card's stacking buff refreshes. This leads me to further speculate that the event is not firing in relation to auras that are able to stack. Going to investigate further.
06-29-11, 11:50 AM   #10
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just mentioning it, there is a "sister thread" on the US forums, which can be useful for ppl who are currently investigating this ..

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743805065
06-29-11, 12:00 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Guys, Vilkku and Sideshow posted at the same time. Relax.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-29-11, 01:35 PM   #12
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

I have the same issues. Shields aren't getting SPELL_AURA_REFRESH events after an absorb. I believe this could effect Skada and Recount for absorbs as I thought they switched to using this method to track shield absorbs.

I created another thread myself (before anyone else did) there with no responses. At the time I thought it was only absorbs but I guess you're having issues with Lifebloom.

Here is the link to the one I posted:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743694640

Based on the various posts, it would seem several types of SPELL_AURA_REFRESH went away. The only SPELL_AURA_REFRESH I'm getting is when a shield is updated such as shield stacking. So for a DK when a blood shield stacks, the refresh event is triggered but pre-4.2 every time the shield value changed, mostly due to absorbs, it would trigger and that no longer works. For the DK blood shield that results in only getting the maximum value of the shield and not the current value as it worked before.

Do we not have any way to get a response from Blizzard?

If they intended to remove these events then I know for my purposes there are probably only two options:

1. Watch the unit auras and tooltip scan to get the current value. The tooltips have the correct values.

2. Determine the rules for absorbs and implement that while tracking all absorb events. This one is more painful because it requires knowing every type of shield in the game and tracking them.

Last edited by Talryn : 06-29-11 at 01:39 PM.
06-29-11, 02:14 PM   #13
Krag72
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Seems like stacking buffs lost the refresh event at max stacks. Like Lifebloom, Faerie Fire and Sunder Armor both have SPELL_AURA_APPLIED_DOSE combat log entries, but after that nothing, just a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS. Non-stacking auras like Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Harmony do have a refresh event.
06-29-11, 04:26 PM   #14
Cedrich
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Krag72 View Post
Seems like stacking buffs lost the refresh event at max stacks. Like Lifebloom, Faerie Fire and Sunder Armor both have SPELL_AURA_APPLIED_DOSE combat log entries, but after that nothing, just a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS. Non-stacking auras like Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Harmony do have a refresh event.
That's exactly what i've observed. It's not on the 4.2 known issues list so i've bug reported it on the EU forums. Hopefully it won't go unnoticed amongst the floods of misplaced posts on patching issues that seem to make up most of the bug reports thread.
06-30-11, 03:14 PM   #15
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

I didn't see that any of us put a post in the actual Bug Reports forum so I did that. I'll look into moving some of the information to that thread then. Hopefully we can get an answer on this issue.
07-02-11, 01:30 PM   #16
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

I have a post both in the UI Forum and the Bug Report forum. I haven't seen a response from Blizzard though. The latest hotfixes didn't seem to fix the issue either.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » SPELL_AURA_REFRESH gone in 4.2 ?