11-11-20, 11:18 PM   #1
thandrenn
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon Dev help, UI elements no longer appearing

After Patch 9.0, some of the UI of the addon I maintain no longer display.

They displayed before Patch 9.0 and still show up in WoW Classic. I've attached screenshots.

My knowledge of XML and LUA is pretty limited - I pretty much learned just enough to update this addon over the years and this problem has me stumped. There's no LUA errors in-game that I can see. I thought maybe the in-game art referenced in the XML files was removed or renamed but it *looks* like its still there. I tried copying it to the addon's folder and changing the path in the XML file. Nothing seemed to change so I think I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

The addon is available here:
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...FanUpdate.html

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AQ_Classic.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	664.9 KB
ID:	9514  Click image for larger version

Name:	AQ_BFA.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	895.7 KB
ID:	9515  
11-12-20, 12:04 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is due to the main UI change that Blizzard has documented on the official forums and we have discussed here.

If you install a bug catching addon you will see the errors that are affecting the display.

Basically they have separated the Backdrop system so that any addons that didn't add their own backdrops to their frames will find that there are none and any call to backdrop related functionality will cause errors to occur.

This is one of the forums here that were discussing this when it was first seen.
https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/...light=backdrop

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Dev help, UI elements no longer appearing