01-03-08, 06:20 AM   #1
Eric the Grey
A Murloc Raider
Looking for a specific mod

I'm looking for a mod that will allow me to create one or more individual buttons that can be moved to wherever I need them on the screen.

I used to use a mod that allowed this. You had to specify how many, and where they were located, but once they were set up, it was really nice. Now with two lines of buttons on the blizard default, I don't really need all that many.

What I'd like to be able to do is set up one or two individual buttons for specific uses, such as quest items that need to be 'used' at a certain place. Drop the item in the block and it's readily available for use. Having them movable makes it easy to put them in easy reach, and doesn't clutter up my spellbars.

Is there such a mod in existance already? If so, which one? All the ones I've looked at here seem to be pre-configured for specific purposes. I don't use a lot of mods (only MetaMap, OneBag, ZHunter and Cooldown Count) so it doesn't need to have a lot of options, and in fact, I'd prefer it to not have them.

Eric the Grey
01-03-08, 06:23 AM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Eric the Grey
I'm looking for a mod that will allow me to create one or more individual buttons that can be moved to wherever I need them on the screen.

I used to use a mod that allowed this. You had to specify how many, and where they were located, but once they were set up, it was really nice. Now with two lines of buttons on the blizard default, I don't really need all that many.

What I'd like to be able to do is set up one or two individual buttons for specific uses, such as quest items that need to be 'used' at a certain place. Drop the item in the block and it's readily available for use. Having them movable makes it easy to put them in easy reach, and doesn't clutter up my spellbars.

Is there such a mod in existance already? If so, which one? All the ones I've looked at here seem to be pre-configured for specific purposes. I don't use a lot of mods (only MetaMap, OneBag, ZHunter and Cooldown Count) so it doesn't need to have a lot of options, and in fact, I'd prefer it to not have them.

Eric the Grey
The best I can think of is Bongos 2 remove all modules apart from "Action Bar" then remove the unreg.lua file from their and it should do as you wish.
01-03-08, 07:30 AM   #3
Eric the Grey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Slakah
The best I can think of is Bongos 2 remove all modules apart from "Action Bar" then remove the unreg.lua file from their and it should do as you wish.
That one doesn't do what I want. It completely replaces the wow bars, which I like exactly where they are. I can force them back, but then I seem to be left with bars that are either there, or invisible. I'd rather have a box (a bar of one or two buttons) that I can place wherever, and see even if it's empty (which doesn't appear to be the case with Bongos).

Eric the Grey
01-03-08, 08:32 AM   #4
dfscott
A Murloc Raider

Eric the Grey
I haven't personally used it, but FlexBar sounds like it might do what you're looking for. It allows complete control over individual custom buttons, but also allows you to keep the default ones.
01-03-08, 11:38 PM   #5
Eric the Grey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by dfscott
I haven't personally used it, but FlexBar sounds like it might do what you're looking for. It allows complete control over individual custom buttons, but also allows you to keep the default ones.
Hmmm, that looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks. I'll have to give it a shot next week when I have time to play.

Eric the Grey
01-04-08, 12:32 AM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could also take a look at AutoBar
01-04-08, 11:09 AM   #7
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

I use bongos and did just like Slakah said.

I wanted to always show my buttons

Couldn't find an option so i edited the bongos.lua file replacing showEmpty = false with true.

Code:
function Bongos:Initialize()
	local defaults = {
		profile = {
			sticky = true,
			showTooltips = true,
			showHotkeys = true,
			showMacros = true,
			rangeColoring = true,
			showEmpty = true,

Hide bar 1, and watever other bars you use for the default layout.
Middle click on all the bars you don't want.
Edit all the ones you do want.

then type
/bongos lock
And your good to go.

Red bar is bongos
Yellow is ipopbar <3.

Couldn't get on my other char so i just setup a quick one on my mage to show.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fdasfas.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1619  
Shaman [Elemental] - 77
Mage [Frost] - 76
Priest [Shadow] - 75
Hunter [Beast] - 72
01-04-08, 11:18 AM   #8
Slakah
A Molten Giant

That one doesn't do what I want. It completely replaces the wow bars, which I like exactly where they are. I can force them back, but then I seem to be left with bars that are either there, or invisible. I'd rather have a box (a bar of one or two buttons) that I can place wherever, and see even if it's empty (which doesn't appear to be the case with Bongos).

Eric the Grey
Thats why I said
then remove the unreg.lua file
01-04-08, 04:54 PM   #9
Eric the Grey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Slakah
Thats why I said
then remove the unreg.lua file
Actually, I did that, and the bars came back, but it still removed the bag and interface icons from the main panel, leaving blanks.

To be honest, I didn't fool with it too much because it was going on 6am and I needed (desperately) to get to bed. I know nothing about how the interface mods are done except for updating the version when necessary so they don't show as out of date...

Eric the Grey
01-05-08, 07:18 AM   #10
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

Actually, I did that, and the bars came back, but it still removed the bag and interface icons from the main panel, leaving blanks.

To be honest, I didn't fool with it too much because it was going on 6am and I needed (desperately) to get to bed. I know nothing about how the interface mods are done except for updating the version when necessary so they don't show as out of date...

Eric the Grey
All you have to do is remove the folders, edit the .toc to remove the files you removed.
and your pretty much away.

I'm no Lua coder, or mod maker, but this edit was simple enough.
Shaman [Elemental] - 77
Mage [Frost] - 76
Priest [Shadow] - 75
Hunter [Beast] - 72

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a specific mod