04-24-13, 07:22 AM   #1
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hightligth Texutre strata

Is there any way to change the strata of a HightlightTexture like that?

Code:
<HighlightTexture alphaMode = "ADD" file = "Interface\Buttons\ButtonHilight-Square"/>
04-24-13, 09:38 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

frame:GetHighlightTexture():SetFrameStrata('HIGH')
04-24-13, 12:26 PM   #3
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can use SetDrawLayer to change the texture layer. This included the texture strata aswell as the sublevel.

http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge...n/SetDrawLayer

Lua Code:
  1. texture:SetDrawLayer("BACKGROUND", -8)

Texture stacking can be tricky if your framestack is ****ed up. You can have a texture on a frame at the highest level possible but if you have a childframe ontop that inherits the parent frame and that childframe has a texture aswell that texture will be ontop of the parent frame all the time. This is intended and needed.

Thanks to the sublevel you can have 16 textures per texture strata. You have 5 texture strata levels. Thus a frame can have up to 80 textures that will properly overlay each other.

Child-frame textures will always be ontop of parent frame textures.

If you have a number of frames that all have UIParent as their parent ... yeah that can get a bit random. You may get different results on each /reload.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 04-24-13 at 12:31 PM.
04-24-13, 12:53 PM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by zork View Post
You can use SetDrawLayer to change the texture layer. This included the texture strata aswell as the sublevel.

http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge...n/SetDrawLayer

Lua Code:
  1. texture:SetDrawLayer("BACKGROUND", -8)

Texture stacking can be tricky if your framestack is ****ed up. You can have a texture on a frame at the highest level possible but if you have a childframe ontop that inherits the parent frame and that childframe has a texture aswell that texture will be ontop of the parent frame all the time. This is intended and needed.

Thanks to the sublevel you can have 16 textures per texture strata. You have 5 texture strata levels. Thus a frame can have up to 80 textures that will properly overlay each other.

Child-frame textures will always be ontop of parent frame textures.

If you have a number of frames that all have UIParent as their parent ... yeah that can get a bit random. You may get different results on each /reload.
I see, i like this sublevel stuff, i might implement for auras.

Anway i couln't managed to change the hightlight strata, tho my stuff is in a xml file.

Edit: Okay i was a fool, i got it now, thanks for the help.

Last edited by Resike : 04-24-13 at 03:51 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Hightligth Texutre strata