02-27-12, 01:34 PM   #1
Xmcdizzle
A Kobold Labourer
Review my UI!

I would just like to hear what everyone thinks of my UI. Credit goes to Tuk!

02-27-12, 02:20 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Picture is too small, and kind of hard to see. But from what I can tell it looks like most of the other TukUI edits. In other words, there's nothing that really sets this apart (makes it unique) from all of the others.
02-27-12, 03:26 PM   #3
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Xmcdizzle View Post
I would just like to hear what everyone thinks of my UI. Credit goes to Tuk!

Would be lovely with a full screenshot
03-01-12, 04:34 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

I really like how vivid all the UI colors are (eg. the bar colors on your unit frames).

I don't like:
  • ... that the boss mod timers don't look like the other bar-based things in your UI.
  • ... that some things look randomly placed, like the boss mod timers and the focus (?) frame.
  • ... that some things aren't aligned very well, like the target frame debuff icons (not aligned with the left edge of the target frame), the damage meter (not aligned with the other parts of the UI along the bottom edge of the screen), or the damage meter and ToT (?) frame (their top edges align with each other, but do not align with the top edge of the right chat frame that's on the other side of the damage meter).
  • ... that spacing between things is not very consistent. For example, there are different amounts of space between the minimap and player buffs, the portal action bar and the tooltip, the damage meter and the action buttons vs the damage meter and the right chat frame.
  • ... the 3 different fonts in your UI, none of which complement each other. For example, if you want to use a pixel font on unit frames, but a normal font in chat, try to find such fonts where the ratio of width to height of each character is about the same. Your current pixel font has very square characters, while the sans-serif font in your chat frames is much taller than it is wide.
  • ... how cluttered your raid frames are. You're a mage; there's just not that much information about your group members that's actually relevant to your gameplay choices.
  • ... how much stuff you have showing. For example, do you really need an always-visible action button for your hearthstone? Do you really need to see all the warlock DoTs on your target when you're playing a mage and none of your spells share debuff effects with warlock DoTs?

You could reduce some of the overall clutter by:
  • ... using OPie, and putting all your portal spells on a ring, all your professions on a ring, all your food/drink buttons on a ring, etc.
  • ... using action bars that only appear when you're out of combat, or when you mouse over them.
  • ... filtering the debuffs you see on enemy units to only show those relevant to your class.
  • ... using a tabbed chat window, since seeing loot information is not useful most of the time.
03-01-12, 08:47 PM   #5
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Looks like any other TukUI edit, but I do like that the colors are sharper than Tuks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Review my UI!