04-10-20, 06:06 PM   #1
Kindosar
A Murloc Raider
MultiBarLeft MultiBarRight move and scale

Hello, I'm in the process of making my own ui. It simply moves stuff around using the base ui, so its nothing complicated. That being said, I've encountered a couple things that I've not been able to figure out.

Through my research, I found this post: https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/...ad.php?t=56445

This post goes a bit over my head as I'm just getting into coding with LUA and the interacting with blizzard frames.

I'm aware that I can't scale the MultiBarLeft and MultiBarRight due to them being attached to the MinimapCluster, but I'm able to move them.

The idea that I'm having is to move them and anchor them to a bar so that I can increase the bars that I have at the bottom. For example:

Lua Code:
  1. MultiBarLeft: SetScale(1.5)
  2.        MultiBarLeftButton1:ClearAllPoints()
  3.        MultiBarLeftButton1:SetPoint("CENTER",ActionButton11,"LEFT",0,0) MultiBarLeftButton1.SetPoint = function() end

Moving the bar works, but the scale doesn't work.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
04-11-20, 12:30 AM   #2
Kindosar
A Murloc Raider
I figured it out without involving the MinimapCluster.

For those interested I adjusted how I wanted the bars to look before changing the Parent. I changed the right bar layout, then the left bar layout. I then attached the right bar to the parent and adjusted it and adjusted the left bar from the right bar to make it go where I wanted.

Lua Code:
  1. MultiBarLeftButton4: ClearAllPoints()
  2.     MultiBarLeftButton4: SetPoint("CENTER",MultiBarLeftButton1,"RIGHT",24,0) MultiBarLeftButton4.SetPoint = function() end
  3.     MultiBarLeftButton7: ClearAllPoints()
  4.     MultiBarLeftButton7: SetPoint("CENTER", MultiBarLeftButton4,"RIGHT",24,0) MultiBarLeftButton7.SetPoint = function() end
  5.     MultiBarLeftButton10: ClearAllPoints()
  6.     MultiBarLeftButton10: SetPoint("CENTER", MultiBarLeftButton7,"RIGHT",24,0) MultiBarLeftButton10.SetPoint = function() end
  10.     MultiBarRightButton4: ClearAllPoints()
  11.     MultiBarRightButton4: SetPoint("CENTER",MultiBarRightButton1,"LEFT",-24,0) MultiBarRightButton4.SetPoint = function() end
  12.     MultiBarRightButton7: ClearAllPoints()
  13.     MultiBarRightButton7: SetPoint("CENTER",MultiBarRightButton4,"LEFT",-24,0) MultiBarRightButton7.SetPoint = function() end
  14.     MultiBarRightButton10: ClearAllPoints()
  15.     MultiBarRightButton10: SetPoint("CENTER",MultiBarRightButton7,"LEFT",-24,0) MultiBarRightButton10.SetPoint = function() end
  18.     MultiBarRight:SetParent(MainMenuBarArtFrame)
  19.     MultiBarLeft:SetParent(MainMenuBarArtFrame)
  20.     MultiBarLeft: ClearAllPoints()
  21.     MultiBarRight: ClearAllPoints()
  22.     MultiBarRight: SetPoint("CENTER",ActionButton11,"LEFT",-24,-231) MultiBarRight.SetPoint = function() end
  23.     MultiBarLeft: SetPoint("CENTER",MultiBarRightButton1,"RIGHT",485,-221) MultiBarLeft.SetPoint = function() end

View of what it looks like: https://gyazo.com/3bf4aa9de13a64212996dd0a3f1c8c4f

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MultiBarLeft MultiBarRight move and scale