09-01-05, 02:29 PM   #1
E-Kay
A Defias Bandit

Hooking on the macro /cast event problem.

Hi.

I have written a add-on to automatically cast the higher rank available on a target that is no too high as to get a "Target is too low level" error. It works well. I have hooked the API UseAction() function in order to do it.

Now I would like to include the "/cast" used in macro. Unfortunately, when using a macro that uses /cast, it doesn't use the UseAction function. I've searched but cannot find the API function used by the /cast command. Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.
09-01-05, 04:49 PM   #2
noraj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
couldnt you just hook CastSpellID(ID, Booktype)

and it would call any time a spell is cast regardless of how?
09-01-05, 05:56 PM   #3
E-Kay
A Defias Bandit

Thank you.

That's an idea worth exploring even if I am not sure it is always called upon... I will certainly try it.

Yet, further reflection made me conclude that if that does not work I could just create a "slash command" to replace /cast in the macros... That would certainly work (although it will require people to rewrite their macros, which I wanted to avoid)

Thank you again, I will try your idea first...

-----------------------
Addition (30 minutes later)
Nah.. CastSpell(Id, ...) is only invoked when you click on a spell directly in the spell book.
Turned out it doesn't work...

Last edited by E-Kay : 09-01-05 at 06:15 PM.
01-12-06, 02:07 PM   #4
LordRhys
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Red face

the Paladin Assist AddOn does something like what your trying to do, I am also trying to figure out exactly what you have done. In PA they have their own macro's which are duplicates of the SpellBook icon with the modification that it calls /pa <spellname> where <spellname> is a function that does your UseAction function with the appropriate spell.
Is there any way you can post your function so that I can take a look at it? If so thanks.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Hooking on the macro /cast event problem.