04-05-10, 09:14 AM   #1
Azza2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Identified invisible frame on my UI as AceGUI30button1

I'm having an issue with my UI cropping up at random where there's some areas that I can't click on to rotate my camera around, those invisible frames make a clicking sound as well and haven't been able to identify it. I recently did a large topbar makeover converting from Fubar to Docking Station with a bunch of added LDB feeds, which makes it difficult to find the culprit addon causing the issue.

/framestack didn't reveal it, but with the help of /script message(GetMouseFocus():GetName()) while the cursor was over the problem area, it said: AceGUI30Button1

Any advice on what I could do? Disabling each ldb addon I recently added would be painstakingly tedious and could take weeks/months considering how random this issue shows itself.

Thanks.
04-05-10, 09:33 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just disable addons that use Ace3 - that's a button created with AceGUI-3.0.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-05-10, 09:47 AM   #3
Azza2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hmm somewhat big list of addons using AceGUI-3.0 since my LDB transition:

Docking Station config
Broker_uclock
Broker_raidsave
Broker_bagfu
Broker_Auditor
Spamalyzer

Last edited by Azza2 : 04-05-10 at 09:50 AM.
04-05-10, 12:42 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, your problem is easy to solve. Disable those addons one by one until the invisible button goes away. When it does, you'll know which addon it came from (the last one you disabled), and you can report the problem to its author.

I use Broker_uClock, Broker_RaidSave, and DockingStation, so it's probably not any of those...
04-05-10, 01:46 PM   #5
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To show hidden frames with framestack, type this:
Code:
/framestack true
04-05-10, 01:49 PM   #6
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Ah, AceGUI30button1...

/reloadui and it'll go away. From what I've seen, this little frame will only plague your interface after you've opened a config window (that uses Ace 3.0). In your case, it's most likely (99% certain here) Docking Station config. If you don't open that window, the frame won't be created.
04-05-10, 04:23 PM   #7
Azza2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Psychophan7 View Post
Ah, AceGUI30button1...

/reloadui and it'll go away. From what I've seen, this little frame will only plague your interface after you've opened a config window (that uses Ace 3.0). In your case, it's most likely (99% certain here) Docking Station config. If you don't open that window, the frame won't be created.
This makes sense, I remember the two occurrences of it happening after fiddling around in docking station config. Will give it a mention to the addon author then

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Identified invisible frame on my UI as AceGUI30button1