11-03-16, 03:28 PM   #1
tednik
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gather node flashing

for 7.1 now when i have it set to flash the nodes for any type of gathering it really messes with the minimap icons. i have turned all addons off except for carbonite and it changes all the icons on the minimap to different icons. i also tried another addon that does the same thing called Node Flash. i think blizzard has really changed something with the minimap. is there any way of fixing this. i really love the node flashing but i hate the icons changing
11-04-16, 01:26 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I really dont understand what u want to achive? U want other icons for gathering nodes?
11-04-16, 06:45 PM   #3
tednik
An Aku'mai Servant

no when i have flashing of nodes turn on the icons on the minimap go nuts they change to different icons the mailbox icon turns to the portal icon and the npcs that have ! for quests turn to ? and there is no quest to turn in take a look at the minimap in the screenshot and look at the icons they are not supposed be those icons.. its like the .blp file for the minimap icons is messed up with the node flashing turned on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minimap (1).jpg
Views:	449
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	8868  
11-05-16, 04:30 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by tednik View Post
no when i have flashing of nodes turn on the icons on the minimap go nuts they change to different icons the mailbox icon turns to the portal icon and the npcs that have ! for quests turn to ? and there is no quest to turn in take a look at the minimap in the screenshot and look at the icons they are not supposed be those icons.. its like the .blp file for the minimap icons is messed up with the node flashing turned on
Disable all other addons except Carbonite and modules then check if this happens... it might by another addon that messes this up.
11-05-16, 09:26 PM   #5
tednik
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Disable all other addons except Carbonite and modules then check if this happens... it might by another addon that messes this up.
i have turned all addons off except for carbonite and it changes all the icons on the minimap to different icons.
11-06-16, 12:46 PM   #6
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't use Carbonite but the ObjectIconsAtlas got updated in 7.1, fwiw

https://www.townlong-yak.com/framexm...sInfo.lua#2803
11-07-16, 11:41 AM   #7
tednik
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
I don't use Carbonite but the ObjectIconsAtlas got updated in 7.1, fwiw

https://www.townlong-yak.com/framexm...sInfo.lua#2803
thank you i knew something had to have changed now if they can just get it fixed in carbonite
11-07-16, 01:23 PM   #8
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by tednik View Post
thank you i knew something had to have changed now if they can just get it fixed in carbonite
U should check your installation of WoW, since Carbonite doesnt replace icons on orginal Blizz minimap... u may have something not updated. Try deleting cache folders.

Last edited by ircdirk : 11-07-16 at 01:28 PM.
11-13-16, 08:30 PM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Carbonite does indeed replace those icons for node glow functionality. Now that i'm back from Anaheim i'll look into redoing the image files for 7.1's ObjectIconsAtlas

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Gather node flashing